• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda for Wii U reveal @ Nintendo Treehouse: Live by Reggie, June 14 6PMCEST

How likely is it that we might get a release date, considering that it might be a launch game for the NX and that Nintendo is keeping everything NX-related under wraps currently?

We might get a date for the Wii U but I really doubt it until there are concrete dates for the NX.

ReyVGM

How likely is it that we might get a release date, considering that it might be a launch game for the NX and that Nintendo is keeping everything NX-related under wraps currently?

Zero chance. The game will come to NX first, so until the NX version date is announced when they show the thing later this year, then there will be no WiiU version date either.

bman94

Well people said they wanted more information for Zelda U, just didn't think they'd waste a whole E3 on it. I guess the Microsoft conference will be the only thing I'll tune into for E3 this year.

ReyVGM

Well people said they wanted more information for Zelda U, just didn't think they'd waste a whole E3 on it. I guess the Microsoft conference will be the only thing I'll tune into for E3 this year.

How is it a waste? It's a game many have been waiting for 3+ years now.

You, watching online, will only see 1 day of streaming. But people attending will have 3 days to play the game extensively.

bman94

How is it a waste? It's a game many have been waiting for 3+ years now.

Same with Smash Bros. for Wii U, but they didn't use E3 just to talk about it. They gave it it's little direct, focused a little bit of it in E3 and then placed focus on everything else they have. Nintendo could have used E3 to focus more on:
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Dragon Quest Games
Pokemon Sun & Moon
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Monster Hunter Generations
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Or anything else they have cooking right now, but no, just Zelda. It's great for Zelda fans but for everyone else it's gonna be a complete bore.

You, watching online, will only see 1 day of streaming. But people attending will have 3 days to play the game extensively.
I'm not complaining about the floor stuff, I'm talking about in terms of a presentation. They are just going to get lost between everything else going at E3 at the time. Microsoft & Sony will have multiple games to show off while Nintendo will only have 1. That's like Microsoft focusing it's whole event on Halo and Sony focusing it's whole event on Uncharted.

ReyVGM

Same with Smash Bros. for Wii U, but they didn't use E3 just to talk about it. They gave it it's little direct, focused a little bit of it in E3 and then placed focus on everything else they have. Nintendo could have used E3 to focus more on:
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Dragon Quest Games
Pokemon Sun & Moon
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Monster Hunter Generations
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Or anything else they have cooking right now, but no, just Zelda. It's great for Zelda fans but for everyone else it's gonna be a complete bore.

I'm not complaining about the floor stuff, I'm talking about in terms of a presentation. They are just going to get lost between everything else going at E3 at the time. Microsoft & Sony will have multiple games to show off while Nintendo will only have 1. That's like Microsoft focusing it's whole event on Halo and Sony focusing it's whole event on Uncharted.

Yeah well obviously if they show all the stuff they have in the pipeline it would be great, and it is weird that they are choosing not to show any of it.

But it's definitely not a waste to show Zelda.

Look at it this way, Nintendo is skipping a turn to gather strength and deal a critical hit for next year :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I already started on Zelda countdown!

SdtAzyf.png

sinxtanx

demo predictions:
-expansive area fully explorable in demo, centered around one or two dungeons
-full bow and arrow functionality explained
-Epona is the item box, Link can only carry X items in adventure pouch
-trailer
-trailer shows story elements
-story elements involve Shiekah
-Treehouse will show several distinct ways to clear the demo, highlighting playstyle choice
-it's dangerous to stay out at night, take this (lantern)
-SUBTITLE: MAIN STORY OBJECT
-pipe dream: precision swordplay from Skyward Sword with right analog when Z-targeting
-pipe dream: setting to make enemies more aggressive and/or smarter

a fucking month-ish

Tomita

Haha. Sometime countdown can be educational like this. I'm not sure how many people know that there is Zelda Game and Watch!

ZzGIVmQ.png

One day I'll buy the Game and Watch off ebay....One day........

Or at least Nintendo could put the Game Boy Gallery version on virtual console with the Zelda G&W on it .):

-pipe dream: precision swordplay from Skyward Sword with right analog when Z-targeting

a fucking month-ish

Yes to both of these, I could see people getting upset over the first one though.

Guys, let's wager at which number the thread will get locked.

#Team24

#Team16. But don't worry, someone will open another thread asking a generic Zelda U question and the process will repeat itself.

ika

demo predictions:
-expansive area fully explorable in demo, centered around one or two dungeons
-full bow and arrow functionality explained
-Epona is the item box, Link can only carry X items in adventure pouch
-trailer
-trailer shows story elements
-story elements involve Shiekah
-Treehouse will show several distinct ways to clear the demo, highlighting playstyle choice
-it's dangerous to stay out at night, take this (lantern)
-SUBTITLE: MAIN STORY OBJECT

a fucking month-ish

pipe dream deluxe: this demo available at eShop for free or 1000 miitomo coins after Treehouse stream show...

:(

pipe dream deluxe: this demo available at eShop for free or 1000 miitomo coins after Treehouse stream show...

That was always my dream for Nintendo, and they kind of did it last year when they did Nindies @ Home. It'd be a great way to get people excited and talking about Nintendo after their Treehouse show is finished.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Guys, let's wager at which number the thread will get locked.

#Team24

Haha, please don't jinx it. If this thread actually got locked then you could find the countdown pictures at E3 Prediction and Discussion thread or my twitter.

Blues1990

I hope this game will be playable at PAX Prime later this September, but even if it is, the line-ups for the demo are going to be incredibly long.

http://www.nintendon.it/groups/nintendo/forum/topic/skullception-lerba-di-zelda-e-sempre-piu-verde/

Take this with a grain of salt, but on the website nintendOn.it, Skullkid is sharing some info about the new Zelda.
His rumors about NX were reported on many other websites and apparently his source is solid. I know the guy personally, I think that we could somehow prove his source with the mods and open a thread, but for now I'll just leave this here.
It's an open thread, I'm sure you can post questions in english, he can speak without problem. He said he saw a demo of the game, a dungeon. I'm sorry if I can't translate right now, I'll update tomorrow if needed.

http://www.nintendon.it/groups/nintendo/forum/topic/skullception-lerba-di-zelda-e-sempre-piu-verde/

Take this with a grain of salt, but on the website nintendOn.it, Skullkid is sharing some info about the new Zelda.
His rumors about NX were reported on many other websites and apparently his source is solid. I know the guy personally, I think that we could somehow prove his source with the mods and open a thread, but for now I'll just leave this here.
It's an open thread, I'm sure you can post questions in english, he can speak without problem. He said he saw a demo of the game, a dungeon. I'm sorry if I can't translate right now, I'll update tomorrow if needed.

Sounds like he talks about the dungeon mainly?

Trying to run this Italian forum thread through Google Translate right now, so take this loosely. He appears to say that:

- the combat is "classic Zelda"
- confirms that the Sheikah have a strong role in the plot
- has not seen any evidence of an accompanying character
- Link can run but he hasn't seen a stamina meter like in SS
- That WWHD, Tri Force Heroes and Majora's Mask 3D set back development

TheJoRu

Total BS. WWHD was made by just a few EAD members and outsourced to other companies to do the bulk of the asset work, and in part experimenting with HD development and art styles to help making the new game. MM3D was made by Grezzo and EAD Tokyo, not EAD in Kyoto. Tri Force Heroes, sure (though it didn't involve that many people during not that long of a time), but since EPD Kyoto is so intertwined with a lot of people being able to jump between projects one could argue any other game Nintendo makes there sets back development of Zelda, by that definition.

Total BS. WWHD was made by just a few EAD members and outsourced to other companies to do the bulk of the asset work, and in part experimenting with HD development and art styles to help making the new game. MM3D was made by Grezzo and EAD Tokyo, not EAD in Kyoto. Tri Force Heroes, sure (though it didn't involve that many people during not that long of a time), but since EPD Kyoto is so intertwined with a lot of people being able to jump between projects one could argue any other game Nintendo makes there sets back development of Zelda, by that definition.

exactly. anyone with any knowledge of WWHD's development and use should be able to tell this "rumor" is BS.

lol who cares about zelda wii u when we know there's a superior version being developed for another platform

and a zelda only show... wow... they have a lot of quaility 3ds games that people want to know more about, what the hell

Trying to run this Italian forum thread through Google Translate right now, so take this loosely. He appears to say that:

- the combat is "classic Zelda"
- confirms that the Sheikah have a strong role in the plot
- has not seen any evidence of an accompanying character
- Link can run but he hasn't seen a stamina meter like in SS

Wow, a whole bunch of nothing

Top Bottom