• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda U/NX promo image leaks from Amazon.com

KooopaKid

Banned
424d3tk.jpg

Ha, a bigger image now. We see one of the tents on the far left near the "church".
I need to see the game in action to determine if the world will feel empty or not.

kizmah

Zero²;206700227 said:
Like watchtowers? We playing a tower defense game now?!
:)

Or something to activate in order to "open" that eye in the middle and reveal the truth. That in turn could of course be a gateway to another dimension or time.

R00bot

I'm almost as hard as the rocks link is climbing. Idec if it's male or female I am incredibly sexually aroused right now.

Zero²;206702559 said:
Are you new to this? I remember that lovely January 2013... Well at least we got XenoX already!

Xenoblade X is exactly why I shouldn't get hyped. At all. Thanks for the reminder, I'm calm now.

Two-character dungeons in Spirit Tracks were highlights of that game to me :(

I am okay with them caling the game "The Legend of Zelda"; however, they should make a badass new logo for that title in this case. Something like this:

The_Legend_of_Zelda_(logo).png

That logo is badass only if you are +30 and you put nostalgia googles on. I imagine the game will have some classic Zelda influences though.

vareon

The "towers" look like a sword, I hope Link grows to that size, grabs it, and face the final boss as a giant across the actual map.

Luigiv

The "towers" look like a sword, I hope Link grows to that size, grabs it, and face the final boss as a giant across the actual map.

Instead of just growing bigger in size, I'd prefer something more along the lines of this:

i22IrK1.gif

That said, I really don't think the towers look much like swords at all.

maxcriden

Didn't see there are several Zelda threads. I'll post my question here too:

How would you feel if this new Zelda was very multiplayer oriented? (like Triforce Heroes but much more expanded)

Here's my theory:

- Triforce Heroes concept expanded (you need several players to complete a dungeon, beat a boss... etc.)
- Link is an NPC not the traditional hero of past games (this could explain several heroes like female Link)
- The climb thing is going to be a main theme on the game (I'm jokingly calling the game "Triforce Climbers").
- The Treehouse demo will be multiplayer focused (that's where I think resides the main novelty... maybe something related to the interaction between them? getting ítems, beating bosses... etc.?)

And yeah, the reaction from the gamers would be a repeat of the Wind Waker reveal hahaha

Edit: hahaha relax guys! It's just my opinion ;D

Hahaha yep, I expect these kind of reactions if that's the case :) And I know some of you are joking but I also expect the word Climbers to be in the title of the game (Triforce Climbers for example).

It sounds insanely different from what we're used to. But I trust Nintendo to do something like this well. I'd be very surprised but... TFH was excellent in a lot of ways and could be much, much better depending on the online experience and the console Zelda aspects present that weren't on hand in TFH (i.e. an overworld). Certainly TFH had inspired and unique dungeon design sensibilities in many areas, not to mention a higher difficulty bar that would make many pleased.

BTW, here's my GOTY thread write-up on the game for those who haven't played it:

5. The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes ; As a massive Zelda fan, I didn't know exactly what to expect from TFH. I've never been super into MP Zelda and I just didn't know how much replayability the dungeons would hold. The answer, honestly, is not that much. Patches have improved this some but the purest experience the game has to offer is when a team of three adventurers totally unfamiliar with what a level has to offer struggle and succeed together. That's a great, great feeling. There are trolls though, and poor connections (maybe my fault at times, I'm honestly unsure), and the loot system while mostly genius is a bit too reliant on replaying levels and if you know the solution to a level and don't have all the time in the world to play games...or honestly even if you do...it's just not that exciting to replay a 2D Zelda level unless you missed some significant area your first time through and that's just not something that's going to happen in this game the way it's structured.

But! "Noooooo!!!" is hilarious. Cheering is hilarious. All the emojis are amazing. Those two are my faves. When teamwork works, it really, really works. The bosses are ridiculously on point and a lot of the levels themselves off new mechanics heretofore unseen in the series as far as I remember. The costumes are super clever and creative and often very cute. No point spoiling any of those here, but I will say that if I jumped into the game again I might consider SP just for my own peace of mind. Because when you get a lot of trolls or bad runs--that coupled with the frustrating voting system with levels--it really feels a bit aggravating. You can tell I'm torn about the game. There's a lot of quality there. I just wish there was a consistently great way to experience it. If you have access to two other people with 3DS's who want to play it with you, that's gotta be the best way to go. I've heard polarizing things about SP but I think I'd consider it before strongly recommending online with randoms, depending on your level of frustration tolerance. Oh, and the OST is supremely awesome.

This .gif encapsulates some of the kind of fun to be had in the game:

zelda_tri_force_heroes.gif

Wow, you know, I wonder whether voice chat would be a thing in an online MP Zelda. Unsure if Nintendo would suddenly be OK with voicechat--did XCX have it? If not, perhaps they'd use the chat buttons again. Hmm!

That logo is badass only if you are +30 and you put nostalgia googles on. I imagine the game will have some classic Zelda influences though.

I am 20 and was a PC kid for all of the childhood, yet I think this logo is awesome. The typographic and the cursive writing are stylish and laconic, and the logo in general oozes the adventure.

Dascu

I think the enormous open world already poses enough of a design challenge to Nintendo. Would be madness to also try to get multiplayer/co-op in the same game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's not gonna be full-on multiplayer. There's gonna be some social element, but not straight up co-op or whatever.

Meesh

I remember them saying Zelda WiiU will be like going from Japanese food to Western, obviously talking about influences, ect. Now I know it's been discussed that it'll be more open, perhaps a little like Skyrim, but they could also be talking about story and to a greater extent, what Western flavoured combat and dungeon crawling could mean for the game. I'm assuming we'll still get all the Zelda puzzles, but combat could be more open to strategic or more confrontational, receiving and dealing damage differently? Instead of Z target to party and strike, which could be optional. And after playing through some heavy doses of Fallout4 I could almost imagine a lot of side quest puzzles(helping NPCs and such) could or might have branching consequential outcomes, unlocking different story possibilities to a degree, even changing your "hero status?" I'm not saying their next game will actually be Fallout or Skyrim with Zelda paint, but borrowing from those games would really make things different in some ways. World exploration, traversal, combat, story, dungeons...it's crazy that quite literally everything as we know it could be dramatically affected. All the more crazy when you look at that amazing art and realize that's probably the one aspect that's still "traditionally" Zelda. Just a rambling.

Nickovic

Ha, a bigger image now. We see one of the tents on the far left near the "church".
I need to see the game in action to determine if the world will feel empty or not.

Is it just me or is there a second one on the snowy cliffs to the left? The very edge of the cliffs.

Top Bottom