• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: "we're preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, ever expect..."

El Papa

Man, I don't think you guys should try and squash all the games together. I think it's pretty obvious that some of the Zeldas weren't ment to be related when they were made. LttP is Zelda 1 re-envisioned. OoT was LttP re-envisioned for N64 in 3D, MM was it's sequal. WW was a semi sequal to OoT using the whole "Hero of Time" crap that didn't exist in LttP and earlier Zeldas. Wether or not TP will be based on the OoT / WW mythos... well, I have a feeling it's going to be another 're-envisioning' since there's an actual Princess Zelda in the game, but who knows, they might throw in some tie-ins for fans ala WW.

AniHawk

El Papa said:
Man, I don't think you guys should try and squash all the games together. I think it's pretty obvious that some of the Zeldas weren't ment to be related when they were made. LttP is Zelda 1 re-envisioned. OoT was LttP re-envisioned for N64 in 3D, MM was it's sequal. WW was a semi sequal to OoT using the whole "Hero of Time" crap that didn't exist in LttP and earlier Zeldas. Wether or not TP will be based on the OoT / WW mythos... well, I have a feeling it's going to be another 're-envisioning' since there's an actual Princess Zelda in the game, but who knows, they might throw in some tie-ins for fans ala WW.

TP will be based in the OoT-TWW series. FACT.

And TWW was pretty much a direct sequel to both MM and OoT due to more than just references to OoT. It relies pretty heavily on characters, locations, and events from OoT, MM, and soon TP (
Fado
).

El Papa

AniHawk said:
TP will be based in the OoT-TWW series. FACT.

And TWW was pretty much a direct sequel to both MM and OoT due to more than just references to OoT. It relies pretty heavily on characters, locations, and events from OoT, MM, and soon TP (
Fado
).
Yeah, I had said that OoT and WW were related and based on the same mythos. I have a hard time calling it a direct sequel in videogame sense though, but that's just semantics I guess.

I haven't been keeping up on all the TP stuff because I kinda want to play it unspoilerized. I did that with WW and RE4 and was really happy. Anyway, is there an interview or something somewhere relating the TP story with OoT/WW? Everything I've read on it makes it seem to me like OoT Reduex. Is it supposed to be before WW or after?

AniHawk

El Papa said:
Yeah, I had said that OoT and WW were related and based on the same mythos. I have a hard time calling it a direct sequel in videogame sense though, but that's just semantics I guess.

I haven't been keeping up on all the TP stuff because I kinda want to play it unspoilerized. I did that with WW and RE4 and was really happy. Anyway, is there an interview or something somewhere relating the TP story with OoT/WW? Everything I've read on it makes it seem to me like OoT Reduex. Is it supposed to be before WW or after?

TP will be set before TWW and "decades after" OoT.

conker

Banned
Fado??? Explain without spoiling too much - start with the references to Fado in WW, I don't remember those.

olimario

Banned
It wasn't bad in WW.

Anyhow, where did HYRULE.NET get the E3 demo and exclusive footage?
It hardly seems fair since the site is so poorly done.

olimario said:
It wasn't bad in WW.

Anyhow, where did HYRULE.NET get the E3 demo and exclusive footage?
It hardly seems fair since the site is so poorly done.
Umm... When hitting more than one enemy in one strike, it was horrible...

Hmm..seeing that video reminded me that I have like 40 minutes of video from Nintendo's Zelda booth and from watching people play. Never bothered to take it from the digital tape into the computer because a) I don't know anything about compressing video (so it'd be in the GB size) and b) GA (main site) wouldn't be able to host it anyway. It's probably nothing that hasn't been seen already anyway :)

olimario

Banned
Craig Majaski said:
Hmm..seeing that video reminded me that I have like 40 minutes of video from Nintendo's Zelda booth and from watching people play. Never bothered to take it from the digital tape into the computer because a) I don't know anything about compressing video (so it'd be in the GB size) and b) GA (main site) wouldn't be able to host it anyway. It's probably nothing that hasn't been seen already anyway :)

I've always said that the best E3 media isn't what devs release, but rather pictures and video taken from people playing. You should try uploading some to youtube or google video. I'd love to see it.

Umm... When hitting more than one enemy in one strike, it was horrible...

It kept battles from feeling rushed and generic. Everything stood out and felt satisfying.
If Nintendo knows one thing it's how to make a game FEEL satisfying.

Mugen

Banned
I would really be pissed off if Zelda has some kind of "catch" on having to own Revolution kinda like how FF Chronicles would be better if it has GBA connectivity also.

Top Bottom