• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Jintor

iirc for the infirmary
you plug the values of the numbers/symbols of the first cloth into the PIN for the drawer again and use the thing you find in there to figure out what to put into the ADAM

Dantis

So I started Phi's ending last night.

It's pretty amazing. K's was really cool too.

One thing I can say is that cast in this game is a lot weaker. I only really like Phi, K and Quark.

So I started Phi's ending last night.

It's pretty amazing. K's was really cool too.

One thing I can say is that cast in this game is a lot weaker. I only really like Phi, K and Quark.

Eh, I wouldn’t say 'a lot' weaker, but I do prefer the 999 cast. Not to say that this cast is bad.....they're still fantastic.

I might change my mind when I finish the game. Also, I feel like Clover is much better here than emo Clover in 999.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Huh, just got the Lab gold files. Either that's a typo, or it's a pretty damn big reveal.
2038? They go 10+ years into the future?

Don't read the files the moment you got them, strange as it may sound like. Many of them contain information that other characters will reveal to you further on, so it sort of lessen the impact quite a bit when those things are revealed.

I'd say you should read the golden files, only when you complete their route!
They only have spoilers for the ending you're going to get by going through a certain door.

Venfayth

;D First platinum ever.
UFLV3.jpg

It was mine, too :)

I want another game already. ):

REPLAY 999! ALL OF YOU SHOULD WHEN YOU FINISH!

All I'll say is that if you pay attention, you might find your mind to be blown again!

REPLAY 999! ALL OF YOU SHOULD WHEN YOU FINISH!

All I'll say is that if you pay attention, you might find your mind to be blown again!

Now I'm curious... Oh man, I really gotta finish this game soon! (This weekend, maybe?) I got 5 character endings left and am 20 hours in. I'm guessing I have another ~15 hours to go, correct?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've been going through the routes from left to right. Am I doing it right?

And the tree does make it very obvious which is game over lol.

Doesnt matter where you start. The game guides that.

iirc for the infirmary
you plug the values of the numbers/symbols of the first cloth into the PIN for the drawer again and use the thing you find in there to figure out what to put into the ADAM

The only gold file I've gotten stuck on so far.

Doesn't really matter. However I think it's best not to start with Alice's route, because you will hit more than half of the game's scenario locks there.

Hit a lock on Alice's path. Go elsewhere and get the solution to get past the lock. Hit a new lock immediately after.

Doesn't really matter. However I think it's best not to start with Alice's route, because you will hit more than half of the game's scenario locks there.

You don't see the complete tree, though.

you don't? oh that's good.

I do wish you have a better idea of if a path will lead to game over. Shit just seems out of your control (which works storywise, but not so much gameplay :S).

I do wish you have a better idea of if a path will lead to game over. Shit just seems out of your control (which works storywise, but not so much gameplay :S).

I look at the tree and see
what branch is longer. Typically, the shorter branches result in game overs and the longer ones are the character endings. Look for branches where there are two slots. From what I've seen so far, the first slot will be the novel section, and the second will be the "Game Over" ending slot.

If it helps, the left path for AB is Ally, the Right one is Betray.

Javier

Started playing this a few hours ago. I'm a quickplay type of gamer (usually sessions of no more than an hour), so the 3DS "low battery" thing never really phased me.

This is the first time I go from a fully loaded battery to the red light on a single game session. Holy fucking shit at this game.

THIS GAME, MAN.

UberTag

:O @ the plot point revealed in the Director's Office.
That one's great because it's a double whammy bomb drop that impacts the game in multiple ways...

A)
OMG! The girl in the picture. It's Akane!
B)
OMG! Tenmyouji is Junpei!
C)
OMG! He's been searching for her for his entire life and he's now an old man. How tragic! :(
D)
OMG! His whole life? But Clover and Alice are here. This can't be 2028. It's decades afterwards. They've been asleep in the treatment pods.
E)
OMG! But there are 3 of those. Who else was with them? It must be Sigma, right? We saw him get kidnapped. Phi must be lying about being from the past. She's lying, right?
F)
OMG! If we're in the future then that article about the Radical-6 pandemic must be real!
G)
OMG! But we saw Tenmyouji freak out when we discovered the old lady who was stabbed. She must have been Akane.
H)
OMG! If Akane's dead, then who is Zero?

<brain turns into goo> There are other noteworthy bombs dropped throughout the entire game but that's probably the most impactful.

Torraz

Hooray got my first character ending - Clover.

How does the flowchart adapt to changing my choice of ally or betray?

For instance at one point there is a choice between two doors after ally or betray. Does ally - door A differ from betray door A and ally - door B from betray - door B? Will the flowchart simply expand?

Hooray got my first character ending - Clover.

How does the flowchart adapt to changing my choice of ally or betray?

For instance at one point there is a choice between two doors after ally or betray. Does ally - door A differ from betray door A and ally - door B from betray - door B? Will the flowchart simply expand?

You will NEVER go into the same doors between the Ally and Betray routes. Generally it's one route offers you two of the doors, and the other route offers you the third door.

Oh, and regarding differences between Ally and Betray on the initial AB game:
It definitely matters. If you don't believe me, start a new game and go Alice's route. Betray her. She SLAPS Sigma and Phi several times for betraying her. Now if you Ally and then go to the Betray route again, Sigma instead is completely confused, and comments that she chose Betray last time. This disarms her and changes the entire mood of the post-AB-game conversation. Similarly, if you initially Ally without any prior knowledge, she laughs at Sigma and calls him an idiot, and is incredibly disparaging. If you Ally with prior knowledge, again, there's the confusion of the "But you chose Ally last time!" that takes precedence. If you want to see all of the dialogue, you've gotta save before making a decision for Tenmyouji/Alice and view both of the outcomes without prior knowledge. This is also true for some of the locks, and some of the later choices. Luna doesn't have this problem, because she has the same vote regardless. ...this also really annoys me, because I'd have killed for the ability to dismiss prior knowledge to see an outcome as though I didn't have it without having to play around saves (which is risky!) or start a fresh game, which comes with the wonderful benefit of being unable to fast forward.

I'll say it again, I feel that 999 did this sort of thing better. VLR has more options, but it's really not selling itself to me in part due to my dislike of the cast. The tree looked really promising initially, but it's actually starting to frustrate me more than 999's strategy of [/spoiler]"GUESS THE RIGHT PATH".[/spoiler]

No new endings yet. Looks like Dio's is coming up, as I've gotten a game over with his name on it. Also completed the Security room. Hrm...
Well, at least as a player I got to experience some Radical-6. Sheesh, is this the ONLY route that does that, save for some endings?

Vibed

That one's great because it's a double whammy bomb drop that impacts the game in multiple ways...

A)
OMG! The girl in the picture. It's Akane!
B)
OMG! Tenmyouji is Junpei!
C)
OMG! He's been searching for her for his entire life and he's now an old man. How tragic! :(
D)
OMG! His whole life? But Clover and Alice are here. This can't be 2028. It's decades afterwards. They've been asleep in the treatment pods.
E)
OMG! But there are 3 of those. Who else was with them? It must be Sigma, right? We saw him get kidnapped. Phi must be lying about being from the past. She's lying, right?
F)
OMG! If we're in the future then that article about the Radical-6 pandemic must be real!
G)
OMG! But we saw Tenmyouji freak out when we discovered the old lady who was stabbed. She must have been Akane.
H)
OMG! If Akane's dead, then who is Zero?

<brain turns into goo> There are other noteworthy bombs dropped throughout the entire game but that's probably the most impactful.

Doesn't even stop there if you continue along that ending. lol

I)
OMG! This guy is Zero? He's old...
J)
OMG! But Zero Jr. said Zero was one of us...then who? Was it a lie?
K)
OMG! What is this greater plan he's talking about? This game has a hidden meaning.
L)
OMG! A bomb?! There's a bomb here?! (Not mentioned before in middle routes.)
M)
OMG! Radical-6 is...from a test site? Junpei is involved?
N)
OMG! What a heartfelt story from Quark. :(

Funny, it was my second ending after Clover's, so I figured out a lot early on...

Vibed: That's funny, as I also has those two endings first, but I did Alice's door and route first. (Which possibly changed my perspective on that ending.)

Javier

While you guys are finishing the game, I just got my first ending. A bad one.

Alice is found dead and Clover goes nuts (why does this seem familiar?) accusing everyone of being a murderer. Fade to black and "TO BE CONTINUED" appears. Looks like I can find evidence she wasn't murdered on a different route.

Holy shit is this game intense. And it's only the first ending.

Jintor

I don't think you could play a proper AB game entirely online though... the time limits, being able to see people conferring with other people etc, it's all part of the psychological thingy.

Would be fun though!

Vibed

I don't think you could play a proper AB game entirely online though... the time limits, being able to see people conferring with other people etc, it's all part of the psychological thingy.

Would be fun though!

IDK, online schedules for AB game times, and PMs to confer with others and send in results could work. If both parties don't send their votes, both are
perma
banned. Mwahahahahaha

OMG Tenmyouji's photo reveal might have just connected so many dots! Firstly
Tenmyouji is Junpei!? "It was his first love." OMGGGGGGG! That old lady in the AB room is so June!
If that's the case then that could possibly make
K Junpei and June's son!
Further more, if you take into account that
Quark is literally Tenmyouji grandfather, then K is Quarks father!? Everyone is freaking related!
The later is kinda speculation, but
Tenmyouji and the old lady surely must be Junpei and June!
I was suspecting it from when I heard K's back-story. This is what I posted earlier in this thread:

Also, that
dead lady in the elevator = Tenmyouji&#8217;s wife?
He was so shaken up...

And OMGOMGOMG! After hearing K&#8217;s back-story is
that old lady they found dead June? And could Tenmyouji be the father? Making K&#8217;s parents June and Junpei!?

yoGqb.gif

OMG Tenmyouji's photo reveal might have just connected so many dots! Firstly
Tenmyouji is Junpei!? "It was his first love." OMGGGGGGG! That old lady in the AB room is so June!
If that's the case then that could possibly make
K Junpei and June's son!
Further more, if you take into account that
Quark is literally Tenmyouji grandfather, then K is Quarks father!? Everyone is freaking related!
The later is kinda speculation, but
Tenmyouji and the old lady surely must be Junpei and June!
I was suspecting it from when I heard K's back-story. This is what I posted earlier in this thread:

keikaku.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Why u laffing????

now im curious, gonna play more :D

I posted the EXACT same thing just like you.

And yes, people laughed at me too.

So now, it's MY turn to laugh at you!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Why is the game called zero escape? Don't someone escape like every route?

But for the rest of the people they left behind there'll be ZERO escape, hahaha.

Ah well, I don't think there's any real reason behind it besides it is a game about escaping stuff made by Zero.... or is it? Hohohoho.

Vibed

Why is the game called zero escape? Don't someone escape like every route?

Escaping from Zero's game, essentially. What I'm wondering is END GAME SPOILER
how that relates to the third ZE game, since the location hinted isn't someplace Zero could intervene.

Top Bottom