• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Have people been struggling there or was it just some people trying to get out ASAP because of the 3ds bug?

Personally for me, the Crew Quarters was the hardest. It was also the first damn room I did.

That was probably the same for me. I think some of it might have just been because it was the first room, though. Treatment center also frustrated me some.

Easiest room was the final one. What a cakewalk.

Midou

I struggled the most in the treatment center because
I was putting the pieces on the square that had a giant arrow saying 'START' and since they went out of their way to mention it was a board game so many times, I treated it like a board game, if you move 1 spot, you leave the starting spot and go in that direction. I was one off for the answer for so long, I tried a million different alternatives until I found out I had the right answer but was always just one off

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Replaying 999 last night.

Going to the door number 4 (iirc, the right one at any event) with June/Akane--the one with bedroom, bathroom, etc etc.

Goddamn the way Akane acted there numerous times was.................. painful to see, when you know the truth ;____________;

Goddamnit Junpei.

Jintor

Biggest problem room for me was definitely the Treatment Centre. It was the one puzzle I simply couldn't figure out the rules for at all on my own.

cj_iwakura

Replaying 999 last night.

Going to the door number 4 (iirc, the right one at any event) with June/Akane--the one with bedroom, bathroom, etc etc.

Goddamn the way Akane acted there numerous times was.................. painful to see, when you know the truth ;____________;

Goddamnit Junpei.

It's scary how easily she played him.

Almost sad we never got a 'surprise, suckers' June sprite like we did for Ace.

Jintor

Well, it's not like
she could possibly have failed, since her continued existence is a result of a timeline where she succeeded

To Akane, plans aren't so much hopes for the future as they are checking things off a list

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am. Just realize it was the PES room with that puzzle where you connect the dots (need some insane stylus precision btw).

where is that aksys pr guy? Has he responded to this bug yet?

Just do what I did, use a guide--not worth it racking up your brains only to be faced with crashes from that room.

As for the pr guy: he didn't show up and answer my concerns earlier about the crashing issue and he never did and I doubt he ever would--just grit your teeth and plow on, my friend.

fubarduck

They all have to be on the bottom row.... :/ Or something.

Did you read all of the spoiler text in my original post? That's exactly what I did every single time. That's why it was a glitch.
I put "She Knows Everything.", in the bottom row only with every other TV off. I did the exact same thing 6 or 7 times in a row and it didn't take until the very last time I did it.

I think it was intentional.

I gathered. I just don't get how the idea to intentionally misspell the word somehow passed by everyone without someone saying "hey, maybe people spell things like this for a reason" or "putting out a game where the word 'donno' is written makes it look like it was a rushed project".

Torraz

Well,
ok for the sob story, but there are some neat revelations (or at least innuendos) in Tenmyouji's ending. Starting from Akane's picture to Zero's ologram. Plus the recording midway through the path...

Well,
the picture was nice, but I was mostly referring to the very end of the Tenmyouji path that irritated me. Still. because I have only seen 3 endings so far I don't have a proper ranking yet in any event...

Jintor

Well,
the picture was nice, but I was mostly referring to the very end of the Tenmyouji path that irritated me. Still. because I have only seen 3 endings so far I don't have a proper ranking yet in any event...

That path definitely has one of the lamest 'end events', but the path to get there is more filled out than a lot of other ones I think.

Videoneon

That path definitely has one of the lamest 'end events', but the path to get there is more filled out than a lot of other ones I think.

I guess that's how it is for the ending paths (Luna, Tenmyoji, Phi) where you actually go through a White door.

Been replaying this game and taking a look at more of the archives recently...

lol I don't remember much of anything :)

Why can't yall stop stabbing each other for 1 novel scene!

And something about the 3d models in the static cutscenes remind me of Star Ocean 4 :X

Venfayth

Did you read all of the spoiler text in my original post? That's exactly what I did every single time. That's why it was a glitch.
I put "She Knows Everything.", in the bottom row only with every other TV off. I did the exact same thing 6 or 7 times in a row and it didn't take until the very last time I did it.

I didn't see you said you did put it in the bottom row. :/

I think I may have done the same thing, now that you mention it. I wasn't able to get it the first time I was in the room, had to come back and try again later.

Jintor

Been looking at some of the 2d art from 999. I honestly think moving to 3d models removed a lot of the impact, especially for 'cinematic' scenes.

Been looking at some of the 2d art from 999. I honestly think moving to 3d models removed a lot of the impact, especially for 'cinematic' scenes.
Some of the models like K and Alice were pretty close I think, but I agree that the move to 3D probably wasn't the best decision. Kinu's art style is very distinct and graphic, and I think it matched perfectly with 2D sprites.

My dream for Vol. 3 is HD sprites.

Torraz

Related to this, what I also think is a bit "weird", is how some characters will strike a pose, or perform a certain facial expresssion, and will then inappropriately hold it for what seems like way too long.

Also no
Ace / Hongou style crazy face
yet.

Jintor

Some of the models like K and Alice were pretty close I think, but I agree that the move to 3D probably wasn't the best decision. Kinu's art style is very distinct and graphic, and I think it matched perfectly with 2D sprites.

My dream for Vol. 3 is HD sprites.

hnnnngh

tumblr_m8ti2cDkkg1qexdrg.gif

Lusankya

Yeah, the 2D sprites from the first game looked nothing like the art from Kinu.

For the 3rd game I would prefer them making better 3D models, like in PlvAA or AA5. I also hope or better 3D cutscenes.
Or actually I don't really care, Uchikoshi should just do what he thinks works best.

Top Bottom