• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

Say no more, fam:
f43651e14d.png

That young enough for you? (also went ahead and fixed the lack of transparency between his fingers, shit like that drives me crazy)

Thank you so much! It's beautiful!
Although it can be a little spoilery for the keen eye!
But until I receive criticism, I'll keep it!

Did Aksys announce exactly when they will reveal ZTD completely this week or not? Uchikoshi arrived in San Francisco, so it can't be that long any more, can it?

It would at least make sense to reveal it at the same time as the Japanese trailer on ZTD's official Japanese website appears.

Any day now I guess. All we know is GDC is March 14th - 18th, the real escape room starts tomorrow and the trailer lands in 2 days!

Also there's a high chance I might die from excitement at any moment. If I stop posting soon you can all assume I'm dead.

i'm at least going to watch the trailer for a few secs to get a sense of how the game art/characters are animated. i hope the characters don't look floaty like i felt w/ VLR

Dee Dee

I'm gonna watch the trailer hundreds of times and dissect every second.
I'll just be wrong anyway so I could never be spoiled. :p

I'm with the crocodile on this one.

...until someone finds that split second footage of the true ending, spoiling Q's and Zero's identity (clearly Ace/Snake/Clover). Then we riot!

yami4ct

Given the side view my avatar has, I kinda doubt someone can make it work, but if someone can Zero-Escape mine in some way I'd happily use it.

Two Words

I'm the guy a few pages ago who was reading 999 through the iOS version. I finished it, or at least I think I did. I'm not sure what qualifies as the true super duper ending

Akane was saved and Junpei, Lotus, Snake, Seven, Clover were escaping in a jeep with Ace in the trunk. They stop when they run into Alice. I know it is her because I already played VLR. Akane and Junpei are having a goodbye talk on a hill through it and it ends there. Junpei did say he didn't understand how June was Akane and still alive if he saved her, so that makes me think there is something I am missing.

Rojo

I'm the guy a few pages ago who was reading 999 through the iOS version. I finished it, or at least I think I did. I'm not sure what qualifies as the true super duper ending

Akane was saved and Junpei, Lotus, Snake, Seven, Clover were escaping in a jeep with Ace in the trunk. They stop when they run into Alice. I know it is her because I already played VLR. Akane and Junpei are having a goodbye talk on a hill through it and it ends there. Junpei did say he didn't understand how June was Akane and still alive if he saved her, so that makes me think there is something I am missing.

Sounds like the true ending to me

Two Words

Sounds like the true ending to me

I see. I think I get what people mean about the DS version being the better way to play it because of the two screens.

I'm going to take a guess that at the end, when you are switching perspective between present day Junpei and young Akane, it just keeps the two on their own screen. There's a line in there that suggests it, but obviously doesn't happen on the iPhone. The writing felt like it didn't give enough obvious cues on which perspective was which too.

Though, I don't think I could have really stuck through playing those puzzles over and over again or reading the crappy DS font. Felt nice to be able to burn through the story in a couple of days.

Leezard

I see. I think I get what people mean about the DS version being the better way to play it because of the two screens.

I'm going to take a guess that at the end, when you are switching perspective between present day Junpei and young Akane, it just keeps the two on their own screen. There's a line in there that suggests it, but obviously doesn't happen on the iPhone. The writing felt like it didn't give enough obvious cues on which perspective was which too.

Though, I don't think I could have really stuck through playing those puzzles over and over again or reading the crappy DS font. Felt nice to be able to burn through the story in a couple of days.
Pretty much, yeah.
Essentially Akane has the bottom screen while Junpei has the top screen. In the final puzzle everything is upside-down, so you flip your DS upside down to see it from Akane's perspective.

Hylian7

That's the true ending.

The morphogenitic field was how she survived. She jumped to the future timeline where she lived, and had to get Junpei to help her solve the puzzle in the past so it didn't mess the timeline up. I don't know how this is explained in the iOS version, but basically in the DS version, the entire game, the top screen was Junpei's point of view, the bottom was A kane's point of view. In the final Sudoku puzzle, the touch screen shows the sudoku puzzle upside down, and a crying Akane on the top screen. You're supposed to flip the system upside down to understand this.

I highly recommend reading the FAQ on 999. There's a lot of interesting stuff in there. Keep in mind, VLR was probably in development at the time it was written, but it wasn't announced yet. There is talk about Alice in there too.

Two Words

That's the true ending.

The morphogenitic field was how she survived. She jumped to the future timeline where she lived, and had to get Junpei to help her solve the puzzle in the past so it didn't mess the timeline up. I don't know how this is explained in the iOS version, but basically in the DS version, the entire game, the top screen was Junpei's point of view, the bottom was A kane's point of view. In the final Sudoku puzzle, the touch screen shows the sudoku puzzle upside down, and a crying Akane on the top screen. You're supposed to flip the system upside down to understand this.

I highly recommend reading the FAQ on 999. There's a lot of interesting stuff in there. Keep in mind, VLR was probably in development at the time it was written, but it wasn't announced yet. There is talk about Alice in there too.

I guess it's just one of those "Hey, time-related things are always gonna have paradoxes in stories. Just ignore them." situations.

Hylian7

I guess it's just one of those "Hey, time-related things are always gonna have paradoxes in stories. Just ignore them." situations.
It isn't though. It explained this. The timeline where Junpei solves the puzzle is the one that had to happen to be able to have her survive from before. She gets the fevers because some events could be wrong and could result in her death from the incinerator.

takoyaki

Given the side view my avatar has, I kinda doubt someone can make it work, but if someone can Zero-Escape mine in some way I'd happily use it.

I think the hat looks pretty good

220vkz5.png

the mask looks like a flat mask with your side view avatar, but you could totally own it

12s5j95.png

edit:

I know the collar wouldn't match, but wouldn't it still look better if you stuck the mask over the side of the face?

330zjpp.png

44y6kek.png

you really want everyone to go "full Zero" Tricky, don’t you ;)

sticker,375x360.png

I will report back. This one's a big one.

EDIT: IT IS DONE!! (wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be)
793bb38374.png

Enjoy :)

EDIT2: Here's a variation where you can see the eyes:
8b2ff7cbc0.png

EDIT3: I needed to touch up the shading.

I want in on this avatar craze! Could someone help me out?

here you go :)

normal2guj7g.png
normal78piz.png
funnypmkf7.png

I tried a variation on your third one:
11af72e66a.png

Eyebrows are really important, mate.

Top Bottom