• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOMG FAMITSU DELIVERS THE TRUTH OF JESUS!

Today I do not feel like a Juinor...A.C.E. news = my GAF balls dropping :D
but when ZOE3 is anounced I fear for my underpants that day

Linkzg said:
Another Century's Episode games are basically mech anime fan service with great action gameplay

It's Gundam vs Macross vs Eureka 7 meets ZoE. YOU CAN'T LOSE.

Ah OK, great. Got it. So... what are those things?

Kidding. I get it: Robots fighting each other (in space?).

Whaaat? No Eureka Seven? I want my surfing robots back! At least Geass is in. That should be neat.

My only knowledge about ACE comes from ACE3 youtube clips I found when looking for information on the shitty E7 games

Also, screw Konami for having the Gurren Lagann game rights. That series needs to be represented in a super robot game!

_dementia said:
so is ACE easy to play if you don't know japanese?

As duckroll said, they're action games so they're easy to play. You won't understand the story but you don't really need to in order to really enjoy the games.

xero273

_dementia said:
so is ACE easy to play if you don't know japanese?

It's pretty easy to play. You won't understand the dialog, but the game is easy. Most of the time it is defeat all enemies.

Luigiv

Zengar said:
Who cares about that? We control the mechs, not the characters. The Valkyries of that show ARE awesome.
Granted I don't know anything about the ACE series, so I could be wrong but I've never seen a Anime mecha game that doesn't feature Pilots for plot elements.

Bebpo

Banned
How I feel:

Orgus - eh, this games Dunbine. Small, plain unit. Will be boring to play as but going by SRW, the story is alright.
Zeta - NEXT-GEN THE-O
CCA - NEXT-GEN Nu
Crossbone - looks sick. Will be great to play as
SEED-D - well, since they took out G, it'll be the fun physical fighter to replace God Gundam
Overman - ehhhh, was just ok in ACE3
FMP - lol, wtf. I like FMP a lot, but the mecha are tiny plain guys that can't even fly. I don't even understand how this will work. Regardless these units are gonna be zzzzzzz to play as
Geass - lollolololol, dumb shitty designs but they are so overpowered ridiculous that they might be fun to play as like the SEED units in ACE3
Aquarion - FUCK YEAH. Will be like the Shin Getter from ACE3. Multiple forms, awesome super attacks. PUNCHING PEOPLE TO THE MOON
Macross Zero - cool, but all the macross ships play the same and the plane controls are :\
Macross Frontier - same

Overall a decent roster. Some potential greats, a lot of middleground solid units, and some boring small units. I just wonder if it'll be arcade-y like ACE3 or story/action-sim like ACE1/2, I didn't care for ACE3 as much. Also it would be cool if it had decent online with coop & vs. But since it's a Japanese game not coming to the US, I dunno how much they will bother with online options. Online gaming in Japan is still pretty niche.

duckroll said:
Yeah well, that's too bad. I make threads for myself and people who care about the content of the threads. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a Famitsu news thread!

All jokes and hyperbole aside, I do like that I'm very excited for this* while everyone else is confused. I like it a lot. But Segata is right on with that comment :lol

*again, it was because you jerks said another ACE wouldn't happen! keeping the faith!

duckroll

Luigiv said:
Granted I don't know anything about the ACE series, so I could be wrong but I've never seen a Anime mecha game that doesn't feature Pilots for plot elements.

Pilots and mechs are individual elements in ACE games. You can swap pilots around. :)

eggandI

Banned
Max said:
japanese robot game with licensed mechs from anime, or something

from software.

From software makes these games? surely not the same team that handles the AC games cause the Another Century game I played controlled and looked like shit. Makes a great fan service game though.

Jonnyram

Naked Prime said:
Today I do not feel like a Juinor...A.C.E. news = my GAF balls dropping :D
but when ZOE3 is anounced I fear for my underpants that day
Yeah, ZOE3 will be fucking awesome. I long for that day. But I will not accept diluted substitutes in the meantime. Mind you, I wasn't raised on a diet of Gundam, Macross and so on. I was more into Dungeons & Dragons, Transformers and Thundercats :lol

Bebpo

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh great another ACE game that will never see release in the US.

Thought about importing the first games once. Then I realized I don't give a fuck about licensed mecha games and the licenses are the biggest reason why they'll never see a localization.

At least this one is on a system that's region-free!

Luigiv

duckroll said:
Pilots and mechs are individual elements in ACE games. You can swap pilots around. :)
Oh ok. That makes things more palatable (I still wish Macross Frontier would just flop, die and be forgotten forever).

Hex

Banned
I sometimes find myself wondering why people come into Famitsu threads saying things like "nobody in the western world cares"-
It is a JAPANESE magazine for JAPANESE releases.

I personally am happy for robot goodness and really want to see what they bring to this

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Duckroll, remind me why I'd want Snake to fight Moster Hunter Monsters in Peace Walker?
to show those village people on MH game how it's done of course, giant sword and hammer is so ancient. now it's time to show those dinosaur wannabe for some rocket launcher and rail gun. =P :lol

panda21

the whole castlevania thing makes this far more confusing than it should be.

capcom - monster hunter, some other stuff
konami - metal gear solid, castlevania

right? right?

and still why is blinx involved? do microsoft make castlevania now?

hxa155

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

I've got Munster Hunter in my Metal Gear? *faints*

*wakes up* *realizes that it's probably for Japan only*

UraMallas

OP could definitely use some more info. I've gone through 100+ posts and still don't know what's going on. That's a pretty shitty thread.

So... what the hell?

Hex said:
I sometimes find myself wondering why people come into Famitsu threads saying things like "nobody in the western world cares"-
It is a JAPANESE magazine for JAPANESE releases.

I personally am happy for robot goodness and really want to see what they bring to this
I'm the only one who said anything resembling that, and in my defence, I said it directly in response to a comment about people being ignorant about ACE.

I'm pretty aware of Famitsu's place in the world. I often use it for toilet paper when I run out and don't want to run to the local Family Mart.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
LeoStenbuck said:
Peace Walker vs Episode R would have been better.

Dinosaur-dragon things in Metal Gear is dumb.
Dinosaur dragons are very popular in Japan.

hxa155 said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

I've got Munster Hunter in my Metal Gear? *faints*

*wakes up* *realizes that it's probably for Japan only*
I would assume it's for the West also. This would help Monster Hunter get more exposure here.

KTallguy

Banned
Tigrex in Metal Gear Peace Walker!!!!! WTF!!!

That actually sounds pretty damn fun :D

And I've still never played Another Century, which is really a sin I need to repent for.
Jumping straight into ACE3 isn't a bad idea no?

Thread title delivers!

But only because this is the second straight week of Sengoku Basara 3 info!

NOW SOMEONE MUST TELL ME WHAT THAT INFO IS!

When you see Monster Hunter bosses will appear in peace walker, we talking separate mode or, like, right before making it to the final area, the boss unleashes his monster pets? Because as long as it's a separate mode I never have to deal with, fine.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
I don't see how hard to understand it is. I pretty much said what it is.

"PEACE WALKER WILL FEATURE BOSSES FROM MONSTER HUNTER!"

Is that really hard to understand? Peace Walker will have monster bosses from the MH series in it. It's a collaboration. Peace Walker is a PSP game, how hard to understand is that?
Downhill series features bosses from yawn-inducing series? Most excellent news, my friend!
Segata Sanshiro said:
I'm the only one who said anything resembling that, and in my defence, I said it directly in response to a comment about people being ignorant about ACE.

I'm pretty aware of Famitsu's place in the world. I often use it for toilet paper when I run out and don't want to run to the local Family Mart.
Check your PMs, dammit.

Mrbob

From has had a good run on PS3 so far.

Are these ACE games all out action games like Dynasty Warriors with guns? I wonder if this one will come to the west looking at the recent success of Demons Souls.

To hopefully cut back on the "What's ACE?" posts here's this.

Give it a read then talk about how uninterested you are in it. That's what I did.

Bebpo said:
At least this one is on a system that's region-free!

Which changes nothing for me since I own a modded PS2.

xero273

Mrbob said:

Are these ACE games all out action games like Dynasty Warriors with guns? I wonder if this one will come to the west looking at the recent success of Demons Souls.

Won't come to the west. Licensing will keep it in Japan.

Tamanon

Banned
Mrbob said:

Licenses are too split, same reason most Super Robot Wars games never came here.

Snapshot King said:
When you see Monster Hunter bosses will appear in peace walker, we talking separate mode or, like, right before making it to the final area, the boss unleashes his monster pets? Because as long as it's a separate mode I never have to deal with, fine.

I assume separate mode like Metal Gear X Ape Escape cross over, then again from Peace Walker demo, Peace Walker is a mission based game, so they could just have specific mission feature Monster Hunter bosses.

I doubt it's part of the story or mandatory mission.

DiscoJer

-WindYoshi- said:
PSP owners like Metal Gear.
PSP owners LOVE Monster Hunter.
Smart business decision.

How is it going to make sense in the game, though? Some sort of Jurassic Park thing?

Unless it's a separate deal (which I hope).

Top Bottom