• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

GcRayden

So, when playing while laying down, I've noticed the vita slips around and makes the game extremely difficult to play. I was wondering if any of you use a vita grip and which one would you recommend?

I feel like I need more room to hold it, because even though I have small hands, I just can't hold the vita tight while playing this game otherwise it will make it impossible to hit circle.

I only been getting Great/Excellent on songs since the stars has been screwing me over :<
I still have the habit of using the analog stick like I do in ps3 version xD Between practicing on Normal Mode of Cat Food 'till I get the star = touch screen complete memorize on my brain

Pangya

I don't like Kaito so I've been using him on other songs to unlock the modules, and this happened to me :(

2014-03-06-152129.jpg

Pangya

Nice! Why so sadface?

Tell me that you wouldn't be disappointed with 1 safe on a song. It happens to me a lot more than I'd like. In my initial run of doing all the songs on normal/hard, I only perfected 30% of them while the rest were 1 or 2 safes. Very annoying.

pariah164

Tell me that you wouldn't be disappointed with 1 safe on a song. It happens to me a lot more than I'd like. In my initial run of doing all the songs on normal/hard, I only perfected 30% of them while the rest were 1 or 2 safes. Very annoying.
On Normal or Hard? Sure. On Extreme? I'd be like CLOSE ENOUGH. The only reason I'm even attempting Extreme is for an item.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Picked up a $50 PSN card this morning on the way to work in preparation for Miku. Hopefully the store will be updated and ready to go by the time I get home.

I want to give a big "Thank You" to SEGA for doing the Vita version. For those of us who do most of our gaming on a handheld this is a really nice gift!
We're really happy to finally be releasing it for you guys!

Huge thanks to all of you in this thread and here on GAF who picked it up to support Miku in the west - we really appreciate it.

And likewise, a big thanks to people like Starcreator for always being such strong champions for Miku and being so helpful for people new to the series. Kudos!

Now then, did you guys send in your pictures to the Mikustream yet? :)

http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/ar.html

P.S. - If anyone lives near Kansas City, we'll be out in your neck of the midwest soon! Stay tuned...

Pangya

On Normal or Hard? Sure. On Extreme? I'd be like CLOSE ENOUGH. The only reason I'm even attempting Extreme is for an item.

All the songs on Extreme seem pretty doable to me, except for Negaposi and Sadistic Factory. It doesn't help that I always use my right hand for presses instead of alternating between left and right.

With that said...

Took me 5 tries after I did that 1 safe run. I also unlock Kaito's Yukata module, great timing :D

Perona

We're really happy to finally be releasing it for you guys!

Huge thanks to all of you in this thread and here on GAF who picked it up to support Miku in the west - we really appreciate it.

And likewise, a big thanks to people like Starcreator for always being such strong champions for Miku and being so helpful for people new to the series. Kudos!

Now then, did you guys send in your pictures to the Mikustream yet? :)

http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/ar.html

P.S. - If anyone lives near Kansas City, we'll be out in your neck of the midwest soon! Stay tuned...

Does it have to be with Miku? Luka is my one true love.

macklelol

Alright, finished all the Diva room stuff. Now it's time to work on the worst trophy in the game, getting all the damn artwork.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Knowing Sega, this'll probably be on sale sooner or later, so think I'll wait until it's $20 or so, considering my backlog & budget.

Just want to also comment on this while I'm here... you won't find us doing any notable discounts for either the PS VITA or the PS3 version when it comes to Miku. We don't want to condition fans to simply wait for a price drop a little ways down the road - we want to reward people who jump in early and support the launch of titles like this.

You can see part of that strategy via what we did with the PS3 physical copies - we made a limited run available and then stuck with our release price, even as places like Gamestop and Amazon sold out. In the long-term, those copies become rare and get some nice added value for the people who supported us from Day 1.

Different from what you may expect, but please get used to that - in a good way - when it comes to Miku.

pariah164

Just want to also comment on this while I'm here... you won't find us doing any notable discounts for either the PS VITA or the PS3 version when it comes to Miku. We don't want to condition fans to simply wait for a price drop a little ways down the road - we want to reward people who jump in early and support the launch of titles like this.

You can see part of that strategy via what we did with the PS3 physical copies - we made a limited run available and then stuck with our release price, even as places like Gamestop and Amazon sold out. In the long-term, those copies become rare and get some nice added value for the people who supported us from Day 1.

Different from what you may expect, but please get used to that - in a good way - when it comes to Miku.
In regards to the bolded area... does that mean more Miku games are coming? F2nd, perhaps?

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
In regards to the bolded area... does that mean more Miku games are coming? F2nd, perhaps?
It does not, sorry! But, it does mean that we believe firmly in this brand, and that's why we brought out both the PS3 and (subsequently) the VITA versions to consumers here in the west.

This all started as a Facebook image asking for likes and shares, and looking back on that now is a really amazing feeling.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Understandable. I've just noticed over the years how many times your digital games on XBLA/PSN/Steam get discounted (which I don't see as a bad thing, I completely welcome sales & neat to see you guys do them so often) & my financial situation and college schedule make it difficult to buy more expensive games, especially digital-only, so I tend to wait on sales to happen.

Maybe one day, I can work things things out to get this, because I enjoyed the demo and think I could get into this, even though I barely listen to Vocaloid music.

....plus it's got the Nyan Cat song. I want to get this one day so I can listen to Miku sing Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya.

Storm360

It does not, sorry! But, it does mean that we believe firmly in this brand, and that's why we brought out both the PS3 and (subsequently) the VITA versions to consumers here in the west.

This all started as a Facebook image asking for likes and shares, and looking back on that now is a really amazing feeling.

Can you try get some more information on the Vita version for Europe? At it's pricing it's pretty much sure to fail, and i'm worried it will affect future localisations, I've tried posting on the forums, contacting you and the official SEGA twiter account, and even going as far to find the SEGA UK PR rep and attempting to contact him via email but had no reply.

At £30 it's going to put alot of people off, even more so when you see the American release is $30

Thanks
Matt

ramyeon

Can you try get some more information on the Vita version for Europe? At it's pricing it's pretty much sure to fail, and i'm worried it will affect future localisations, I've tried posting on the forums, contacting you and the official SEGA twiter account, and even going as far to find the SEGA UK PR rep and attempting to contact him via email but had no reply.

At £30 it's going to put alot of people off, even more so when you see the American release is $30

Thanks
Matt
The American price is $30? Man, the price disparity between Australia and America just gets more and more ridiculous... I assume this will be $55 in Australia like every other new release on PSN.

Kind of considering picking it up, even though I suck at it for the moment, definitely improving though. At closer to $40AU it would've been a no brainer for me, but if it's around $55 I'll have to consider.

Storm360

The American price is $30? Man, the price disparity between Australia and America just gets more and more ridiculous... I assume this will be $55 in Australia like every other new release on PSN.

Kind of considering picking it up, even though I suck at it for the moment, definitely improving though. At closer to $40AU it would've been a no brainer for me, but if it's around $55 I'll have to consider.

Yeah, $30 in America with $10 DLC

For £20 or so with the current DLC price it's getting into impulse buy territory, but for me, no point in purchasing considering I have the Japanese Vita and PS3 versions, when stuff is priced like this though it just puts a bad taste in my mouth, and the fact that no matter who I attempt to reach out to at SEGA appears to be completely ignoring me makes that taste worse

Flandy

As a newcomer to this series I'm really glad I purchased it day 1. Not only is it a really good game but it shows that I'm willing to support these types of localizations :)

It'd be nice if you guys threw in the Snow Miku DLC for people who bought it during the first week though :p

Marche90

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to hunt a Physical copy of this. Shame it's damn expensive for me (thanks, import taxes), but it's one of those "now or never" situations; I remember seeing the game in most game shops during december, but nowadays I haven't seen a single copy in-store... Worst-case scenario, buying the game online.

Also, while I'm here... F 2nd! Would make for a great birthday gift in August. Just sayin' :p

pariah164

If I accomplish nothing else in this game, I can at least say I did this:

I know. It's on Normal but I don't even CARE. Just. So happy.

EDIT: Just tried Secret Police on Extreme... Ahahahahahaha. So terribly boned.
I'll never get that item.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is this the same as the Japanese import? I loved that while I had it, but I sold it because that game was crazy expensive to import.

pariah164

NOPE. /flips table

I am never passing all these Extreme courses. How do people do it? In before 'Practice' and 'Suck less, scrub'.

Pangya

Does anyone else that Project Diva 2nd has a pretty good chance of being localized in 2014? Bushiroad announced that they would do a simultaneous Japanese and English release of the Weiss Schwarz Project Diva 2nd set sometime in 2014. The translations of the English Project Diva card set basically match the translations in the game.

pariah164

Does anyone else have issues with Black Rock Shooter on Normal? I can never get a Perfect on it because of a sequence of circle notes at the end. No matter what I do, I always get a Safe on the last one. I watch, I think I have the timing right aaand nope. Safe. I'm annoyed.

EDIT: Highest ever grade I ever got on an Extreme level song that wasn't the easiest:

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Hey RubyEclipse, do you know if the European price (€36.99/£29.99) is correct? Compared to the US price ($29.99) it's not really in line with Europes pricing of the DLC and the PS3 version, and I think charging that much is kind of pushing it for most people.

Also tried the demo and it looks and plays very well, except models in the menus, they look awful at that blurry resolution, but it's barely noticeable while playing, thankfully.

Storm360

Hey RubyEclipse, do you know if the European price (&#8364;36.99/£29.99) is correct? Compared to the US price ($29.99) it's not really in line with Europes pricing of the DLC and the PS3 version, and I think charging that much is kind of pushing it for most people.

Also tried the demo and it looks and plays very well, except models in the menus, they look awful at that blurry resolution, but it's barely noticeable while playing, thankfully.

I think it is

I have now contacted

Offical SEGA twitter
Ruby Eclipse over twitter
Posted on here
Posted on SEGA's forum
Emailed Peter Oliver (SEGA UK PR from what I can tell)
Emailed SEGA's offical support team (UK)
Peter Oliver over twitter

Never had a response from any of them so far, which if it was incorrect, I'd assume they'd want to clear up the misconception.

EDIT: Finally a response

Peter Oliver Twitter said:
@Storm360 SEGA Europe will be announcing EU pricing next week alongside the game's launch.

https://twitter.com/PeterPanoSan/status/442254719747387392

Gives hope. Sad it took so much effort though

pariah164

Sorry for the double, but I gotta ask: what's your top ten songs in this game? Not that you're good at; just that you like hearing and can play over and over.

My top 10:

10. Kagamine Hachihachi Flower Fight
9. Remote Controller
8. Secret Police
7. Unhappy Refrain
6. Stay With Me
5. Weekender Girl
4. Freely Tomorrow
3. World's End Dancehall
2. Nostalogic
1. Senbonzakura

We're gearing up for a new score challenge to celebrate the worldwide Vita release! Look for it later this week.

I have a song in mind for it, but unlike the last one, this one isn't going to be one of the songs available by default. In fact... assuming no unlocks are done yet, you have to play 5 or 6 songs just to get to the one I have in mind. Does anyone think this is a problem?

pariah164

No. Really, clearing 5-6 songs is a matter of maybe 20 minutes? That's not too much to ask. Probably everyone participating has most if not all songs unlocked anyway.
Unless it's EU GAF; the game comes out this week, right? Unless they have the imported version of course.

Top Bottom