• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 New trailer - IT IS HERE

Azzurri

rockman zx said:
5clsgx.gif

Almost a dragon punch :lol , awesome.

Cyber Upper Cut.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
For those of you on racism watch:

"I knew it from the moment I arrived. There's no reason here. No humanity."

Pojo

Banned
Htown said:
For those of you on racism watch:

"I knew it from the moment I arrived. There's no reason here. No humanity."
The question is, was that before or after getting mauled by a chainsaw from a man wearing a potato sack on his head?

Because that tends to leave a negative impression on people.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Pojo said:
The question is, was that before or after getting mauled by a chainsaw from a man wearing a potato sack on his head ?
Well, unless he got mauled by a chainsaw on the plane on the way over, I'm guessing before?

NotWii

Banned
5clsgx.gif

Ok, this looks much better at this speed than it does in the trailer.
I hope they just accidently sped up things in the trailer.

Someone brought up an interesting point earlier. By this time in RE4s hype train, we had seen other baddies. We saw El Gigante and Del Lago.

Considering how much crazier looking the average grunts are going to be, I have high hopes for the others. Hopefully we'll get some bosses as great as Verdugo in there.

Pojo said:
The question is, was that before or after getting mauled by a chainsaw from a man wearing a potato sack on his head ?
I think Chris said it as two guys were cramming that insect thing down another guy's throat.

Once I heard RE5 was going to be on next gen consoles I said I'd wait for it to come out before jumping in. I'm getting a next gen console (360) the week this game comes out

Great trailer, and it's good to see a black protagonist in there

fernoca

Interesting..
New female character (Resident Evil 5) said:
Betty (played by Ashanti in Resident Evil: Extinction) said:
Not saying they are identical, neither the same character but there's something in the eyes/faces that looks similar....

Then again, Capcom has taken stuff from the moves and added them to the games (like the Red/White Queen, Laser Rooms, etc..)

Well, if it is a variant, that'd explain the instant possession. Los Plagas were tiny I got the impression they were microscopic, and had to grow eggs. These things are gigantic in comparison, they look like fleshy wriggling oranges or something.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the leech at the end....T-Virus.

las plagas+t-virus=awesome.

i pretty much yelled "HOLY FUCK" out loud in those underground scenes with what looks like 20+ enemies in the tunnel.

Yo, can anybody get a decent screencap of the guy on the right, with his back to the camera, in the scene right before the pillar almost falls on Chris? He comes into focus for a split second and the left side of his head looks like it's severely deformed and covered in eyeballs.

Ganondorfo

Oh no there are these dogs again, they are in every resident evil game, very annoying enemies.

But it looks amazing, too bad we didn't see a villian yet (I remember that we saw mendez in a third resident evil 4 trailer).

TTG

fernoca said:
Interesting..

Not saying they are identical, neither the same character but there's something in the eyes/faces that looks similar....

Then again, Capcom has taken stuff from the moves and added them to the games (like the Red/White Queen, Laser Rooms, etc..)

First person I thought of was Rosario Dawson.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ganondorfo said:
Oh no there are these dogs again, they are in every resident evil game, very annoying enemies.

But it looks amazing, too bad we didn't see a villian yet (I remember that we saw mendez in a third resident evil 4 trailer).

The dictator guy who was speaking is probably a villain, and I think we saw him in the very first trailer as well.

Yoboman

I don't like that they're keeping the same animations but one thing I hope they DO keep is the merchant. Exact same guy, and don't give any explanation for why he's there again

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lol at EA "needs new IP's to stay ahead."

...fast-forward

...fast-forward..

....Damn.

That is all I can say right now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
HomerSimpson-Man said:
I don't care what people say about the contrive premise of exploding barrels laying about in many games, exploding barrels in videogames are a beautiful thing. :O

Not as beautiful as Resident Evil bolt action rifles.... :D

FIREBABY

BlockBastard said:
Now that the trailer has sunk in a little..

OH GOD WHERE'S CLAIRE
Claire shows up to get Chris out of a jam caused by the new chic who has double crossed him. She turns out to be working with Wesker In order to capture Sherry Birkin. Who ironically holds the cure to the super T-virus Thats has infected her people. She is double crossed by Wesker,who on the other hand wants the girl so that he can control the infected in order to rule the world under the newly reborn Umbrella corp.

Something like that.

that was pretty fucking cool. Only thing that kinda disappointed me is that it looks like the pseudo-tank controls are back, which is fine, they weren't horrible in RE4 or anything, but i was hoping we'd get a more agile (and able to strafe) main character this time around to liven things up a bit, and to coincide with what looks like a massive upgrade in enemy count. And :lol capcom adding in white zombies.

So the parasite is a different species but the idea is exactly the same as Las Plagas. This game is most definetly RE4 with new paint. Luckily they went with the MORE MORE MORE approach so it looks like we get way more enemies, some screens had like 15 guys at once. Bigger areas to move around. More plagas like mutations from nearly everyone.

I was most surprised at the moment where Chris is in the dark chamber and you are holding a lantern, looks to be a freaky moment. Later you see some enemies and one of them has their head rip open to reveal a giant parasite, much like the bigger form of Plagas.

I am happy to see that almost all the footage was Chris ALONE. This game is definetly not co-op all the way through, at least not in single player. Besides being too familiar I am loving it. The settings they showed were creepy, the animation on the enemies is fantastic and the big set pieces seem to return like the sniping on the bridge. This game will succeed or fail on how well they can make each area feel unique, like how RE4 did. If they think that just having a ton of enemies in an area is enough it will fail.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yoboman said:
I don't like that they're keeping the same animations but one thing I hope they DO keep is the merchant. Exact same guy, and don't give any explanation for why he's there again
I like that.

raYne

Yoboman said:
He'd probably be hot as hell under that cloak and with all that clothing on.

You are aware, in terms of the co-op, that these could be from the parts in the game before you get her (this could all be the first half hour for all we know). Or that cave segment could be a split up point.

Or she could actually be just behind the cameras view in those shots.

Snapshot King said:
You are aware, in terms of the co-op, that these could be from the parts in the game before you get her (this could all be the first half hour for all we know). Or that cave segment could be a split up point.

Or she could actually be just behind the cameras view in those shots.

Well I am hoping shes not. I dont mind help in certain sections, even Luis helped, but not the entire game. In a seperate co-op version fine, but not the main game I hope.

Top Bottom