• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChryZ

matthsv said:
You're welcome. Good pick.

For the new page: first come, first served:

ih1n2p.gif

2n9kdtw.gif

4iko3t.gif

6oer1h.gif

2ptcrxs.gif

11sp7x4.gif

9kxro5.gif

e1dfef.gif

2n0k7pd.gif

2cwq1dw.gif

x6cyh4.gif

cameltoe

Woo-Fu said:
that was another groupthink from the gaming media back when F.E.A.R. came out, namely that it had great AI.

I played F.E.A.R. It didn't have great AI. Example: I see a guard, he sees me, he comes for me, I drop a mine and back up, guard steps on mine.

The guard could see the mine as easily as I could and the guard had a ranged weapon, yet he still decided to a) close to melee with me while walking over a mine, instead of b) using his ranged weapon on the mine or on me.

I can come up with more examples all day long. People who think the AI in FEAR was anything special should go back and play Half-life, specifically the parts where you face the marine squads.

HL is still the king as far as FPS AI is concerned...and the game is over 10 years old!

Played the FEAR 2 demo yesterday...I think it looks pretty good, and it plays like the first. Even though I was more impressed with the first game the first time I saw it...FEAR 2 does look good though...controls are weird, the sensitivity at max is crazy slow...I hope this is fixed before release.

Doc Evils

PRESS RELEASE
Future’s Official PlayStation® Magazine UK scoops Killzone 2 exclusive!

Holographic wallet as magazine celebrates first UK review of PS3TM blockbuster

19/01/09 – Future’s Official PlayStation Magazine UK is celebrating its exclusive review of Killzone 2, with a special collectors’ holographic wallet for the February issue.

Created by Guerrilla Games, Killzone 2 is a PlayStation3 exclusive game, published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) on Friday, 27th February, and is eagerly awaited by gamers and critics alike.

On sale Tuesday 20th January, the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK is the first place gamers will get the definitive verdict on the game. Showcasing the true next-gen power of the PlayStation3, Killzone 2 gets a comprehensive 6-page review, thanks to the Official magazine’s unrivalled access.

To mark the event, the February issue comes encased in a highly collectable holographic wallet, emblazoned with an image of a Helghast trooper which shifts colour, as the light catches it.

Tim Clark, Editor in Chief of Official PlayStation Magazine UK, said:

“Killzone 2 is without doubt the best looking game on the PlayStation 3, and we wanted to come up with a treatment that mirrored the visual voodoo which the development team at Guerrilla Games has pulled off. We couldn’t be happier with the finished results.”

David Wilson, UK PR Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment UK, added:

“Killzone 2 has been a long time in the making, and best showcases why PlayStation 3 is the only console powerful enough to deliver a ground-breaking title of this nature. Who better to partner with than the Official PlayStation Magazine, in order to offer the readers a special collectors edition issue. It’s a great way to celebrate the launch of this milestone game”

Alongside the exclusive review of Killzone 2, the February issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK also features the 20 best new games for PlayStation 3 – including God of War III, Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves and Mini Ninjas. The magazine also reveals its Game of the Year for 2008, as voted by the readers. The package is completed by the world’s only Blu-ray demo disc, which contains 21 playable games including Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Bioshock and Valkyria Chronicles – for £5.99.

THIS IS MINEZ TAMARA

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Endless said:
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_209505.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They're dealing with the most beautiful console game ever created and that's their cover? Yuck.

Rez>You said:
Awesome contribution. I can't wait to see what your second post in this thread holds.
It'll likely be something along the lines of:

:lol :lol

or

:lol :lol :lol

and if they are REALLY ambitious.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just watched the Eurogamer link Hoffman provided a couple pages ago, that vid looks mad. The way the grenades blow up and then seeing that wind pick up the smoke is something that elevates this game to another level. It's things like that which make me go from saying KZ2 looks really good to seeing the reason it gets such high praise with the visuals. I can't wait to see that on my own TV.

And good on TTP for continuing to give is some impressions. Almost everything points to this game playing as good as it looks and that's saying a lot considering the scrutiny GG's has been under.

That magazine cover is kinda neat. I'd imagine it would look a lot better if it was sitting in your hands. I would buy 2 copies if I were you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I get it the rainbow shine over everything probably reflects light or something.

That's... better. Still not great. ;)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Loudninja said:
Its not that bad, I bet it looks better in motion!
I'm not sure if your joking or not, but yeah, it probably does :lol

OPM Spain (sorry for the tanslation):

+ Amazing graphics, specially the helghast's deaths and the environments
- Some stupid reviewers are going to say that there are few colors in the game... I suppose they thought that Helghan was going to look like Disneylandia...

Graphics: 96 The best on ps3
Sound: 94 Good spanish voices
Gameplay: 95 It's a hard game
Lasting appeal: 93 10 long missions and a great multiplayer
Online: 94 32 players
Global: 95 I will give the game a higher score... however I'm completely sure that Killzone 3 will surpass this game.

Killzone 2 is a master piece.

Cruzader

Banned
Endless said:
This is a 'cool" looking cover? looks like crap! Sorry but it does. In game KZ2> any GC crap material. Not bashing on the game either. Some of you are really uptight too, that guy has the right to laugh at it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Cruzader said:
This is a 'cool" looking cover? looks like crap! Sorry but it does. In game KZ2> any GC crap material. Not bashing on the game either. Some of you are really uptight too, that guy has the right to laugh at it.
fyi that guy was laughing at me, not the cover ;)

GodofWine

Woo-Fu said:
Making the entire character part of the glowy thing ruins the impact of the eyes. -1

I think they went for what it would look like if the character was on the shiny side of a BR disc and the light was hitting it just right to show the colors that reflect...and they failed hard :D

Sales of KZ2 will now surely suffer!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :D :lol

Xater

GodofWine said:
I think they went for what it would look like if the character was on the shiny side of a BR disc and the light was hitting it just right to show the colors that reflect...and they failed hard :D

Sales of KZ2 will now surely suffer!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :D :lol

I'm sure it just represents one of those stupid shiny covers.

RavenFox

Banned
Dante said:
So where does all the "Shawm Eliott" AI praise come from, because what I played was pretty Mediocre at best.
Really? I thought the AI was pretty good. I mean compared to the beast of overall love that is KZ2 Fear2 limps into the corner but overall I had a pretty good experience with the demo.

Is it because I haven't played KZ2 yet? :)

DeZimatoR

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
You know what, I'm going to go out here on a limb and predict that GamesRadar gives KZ2 a 9 or a 10.

And here's why:

A) They don't underrate PS3 games. Sure, they may show signs of hyping 360 games differently than PS3 games (KZ2 double standards, LittleBigPlanet powerpoint tool, etc)....but, come review time, they seem to be pretty unbiased. LBP got a 10, and Resistance 2 got a 9.

B) The guy that's likely reviewing it loves it more than R2...and they gave it a 9 (obviously, it could be different reviewers but whatever).

Sure, I may not be a fan of the way they cover games in general, but in all honesty I don't hate GamesRadar at all. I just don't like some of their tactics and the way they cover things...but they do it for the lulz most of the time, and that's their schtick so whatever.

Well, its not like they get a chance to review exclusive games. Just take a look at who wrote the reviews of a few PS3 exclusives:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Words: Daniel Dawkins, PSM3 UK

LittleBigPlanet

Words: Mike Gapper, PSM3 UK

Resistance 2
Words: Dave Harrison, GamesMaster UK

MotorStorm: PR
Words: Jonathan Todd, PlayStation World UK

I guess GamesRadar's 'journalists' are stuck with making top 10 lists, previews and reviews of MP games. So they don't get to review exclusives. :)

Endless said:
http://item.slide.com/r/1/117/i/6CWrEBLXyT8DkmPEjsPsrlREL2ADdq3o/

Wow. Special Edition or no, I really hope there is at least a World of Killzone art book released. I really like everything I see. Something that looks at the development chronology for KZ thru KZ2 would be fantastic.

-viper-

Banned
Is that in game? It looks superb.

Doc Evils said:
THIS IS MINEZ TAMARA
There is a shop just a few minutes away from my house. They honestly better have this magazine. ;o

KZ2 demo all over my face!

edit: Does that mag include the KZ2 demo or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom