• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabanton said:
Wow,you can feel the rage bubbling under every word.:lol
That imbecile's idea that MGS requires the most advanced technology (as if the PS3, aside from Blu Ray, has actually proven to be beyond what the 360 can do) is ridiculous. If that was the case, why wasn't every MGS developed exclusively for PC? :lol

Why isn't news of the PC version in the thread title and op? That's the megaton people, 1080p/60hz MGS, who really cares about about some 720p/30hz version now?

Hopefully MGS4 gets ported over now as well, no reason not to if the engine is up and running.

brain_stew said:
Why isn't news of the PC version in the thread title and op? That's the megaton people, 1080p/60hz MGS, who really cares about about some 720p/30hz version now?
But but but... the PS3's untapped power!

:D

Knight77

Buckethead said:
I'll buy this game no matter what because I love Raiden (01 included) however will be pissed if they turn this into a DMC style game. They can add some new gameplay elements or even make it all swordplay, but "Tactical Espionage Action" isn't just some bullshit tagline.

So if they make it like DMC......

seinfield.gif

Just 100% agree with that. I really hope is not Metal Gear May Cry...otherwise I'll be the one crying...

Lord Phol

Nafai1123 said:
You need to clarify your statement. 3rd party exclusives are all but gone, which puts a greater emphasis on 1st party exclusives, and I'm pretty sure Sony has no shortage of those...

You're right, but the general rule seems to be that most PS3 3rd party exclusives end up on 360 one way or another, while the 360/PC ones ala Alan Wake and Mass effect (if I'm not mistaken) stays there.
So I'm not sure you can really draw that line just yet, though as you said, 1st party exclusives is really where it's at atm.
Still excited to see if Sony has anything up their sleeves for their upcoming conference.

Oh and a Raiden-ninja game sounds intriguing, but if going by how the last MGS games have been in the control/gameplay department they really need to shape things up. Hope they go a Tenchu/stealth/ninja gaiden-mixed style rather than straight up Devil May Cry action.
But with so little info who knows how this will turn out.

Knight77 said:
Just 100% agree with that. I really hope is not Metal Gear May Cry...otherwise I'll be the one crying...
Fuck this whole Metal Gear May Cry/Raiden May Cry meme that's developing. If they were to do an action game, they should imitate NG if they intend to imitate anything. It's all about Ninja Raiden.
I still think they should've brought Itagaki onboard if they intend to make it like an action game.

I wouldn't mind seeing action elements incorporated, but I'll echo the sentiments that I want this to still be a stealth game. What I'd like to see: NG-style combat, but mostly reserved for boss fights; make the enemy AI, responses, and damage so impressive that it would be impossible to play the entire game as an action game.

-Winnie-

It's really unlikely that it'll be a stealth game. It's lost the Tactical Espionage Action tagline, and Raiden has no need for stealth anymore. Not once in MGS4 do we see Raiden sneaking around, he's always right in the action fighting.

Besides, it'd be nice to see the franchise branch out into a new genre.

DihcarEM

I wouldn't mind seeing a more action kind of game. It wouldn't make much sense to simply stick ninja-Raiden in the role of Snake/Big Boss(stealth). As we saw in mgs4, Raiden has a whole different way of handeling things. It would be very cool if they mixed it up, have you sneak into a compound and when all hell breaks loose, you fight your way out...in style. I'm pretty sure it will be a different game in light of them having changed the subtitle.

Lord Phol said:
You're right, but the general rule seems to be that most PS3 3rd party exclusives end up on 360 one way or another, while the 360/PC ones ala Alan Wake and Mass effect (if I'm not mistaken) stays there.
So I'm not sure you can really draw that line just yet, though as you said, 1st party exclusives is really where it's at atm.
Still excited to see if Sony has anything up their sleeves for their upcoming conference.

Oh and a Raiden-ninja game sounds intriguing, but if going by how the last MGS games have been in the control/gameplay department they really need to shape things up. Hope they go a Tenchu/stealth/ninja gaiden-mixed style rather than straight up Devil May Cry action.
But with so little info who knows how this will turn out.

Alan Wake and Mass Effect were published by Microsoft. According to your logic Sony fans should be bragging that games like Resistance and Infamous stayed PS3 exclusive.

fortified_concept said:
Alan Wake and Mass Effect were published by Microsoft. According to your logic Sony fans should be bragging that games like Resistance and Infamous stayed PS3 exclusive.

Not much different to bragging that they are exclusive, which I've seen often.
I've just thought, who's publishing the iPhone Mass Effect? Edit: EA

-Winnie- said:
It's really unlikely that it'll be a stealth game. It's lost the Tactical Espionage Action tagline, and Raiden has no need for stealth anymore. Not once in MGS4 do we see Raiden sneaking around, he's always right in the action fighting.

Besides, it'd be nice to see the franchise branch out into a new genre.

100% agreed, well put :)

-Winnie-

Wait, has this been pointed out yet? I'm watching the teaser again, and I'm hearing a baby crying when the voice over is saying Metal Gear Solid Rising. Wonder what it could mean...

Binabik15

-Winnie- said:
Wait, has this been pointed out yet? I'm watching the teaser again, and I'm hearing a baby crying when the voice over is saying Metal Gear Solid Rising. Wonder what it could mean...

Raiden rescued Olga´s child, Sunny. So maybe the game starts right after MGS 2, when Sunny was still a baby.

Some art for MGS 4 had Raiden carry a baby...

Lakitu

st5fu
-Winnie- said:

Maybe you're Raiden rescuing Sunny?

-viper-

Banned
Lord Phol said:
Aye pretty much, it's just sneaky/smart marketing from MS once again, like the whole "GTA4 exclusive thing".
Guess this marks the end for exclusives, at least on the PS3-side. Will we really need 3 consoles next generation when every other game is multiplatform anyways?
Sony really needs to put up a spectacular showing on the conference floor if they wanna continue competeing in the race IMO.
There aren't many third party exclusives left, except Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell.

Lord Phol

fortified_concept said:

Yeah I was unsure about those two, didn't know they were published by MS, maybe I'm just seeing half the picture atm after the MS conference and all.
There's still 2 conferences to go and hopefully plenty of "oooo"s and "aaaa"s to be heard.

Graphics Horse said:
Not much different to bragging that they are exclusive, which I've seen often.
I've just thought, who's publishing the iPhone Mass Effect? Edit: EA

Actually it is very different in the context of this discussion. We're talking about third party exclusives not exclusives in general.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
brain_stew said:

Hopefully MGS4 gets ported over now as well, no reason not to if the engine is up and running.
lol chill, MGS:R is just "another" game on the PC. There is no need for us PC gamers to hype up this title, even if we get the best version, there are many other games to drool over. I believe it is the nature of multiplatform releases. No one gives a damn.

-Winnie-

Binabik15 said:
Raiden rescued Olga´s child, Sunny. So maybe the game starts right after MGS 2, when Sunny was still a baby.

Some art for MGS 4 had Raiden carry a baby...

That's what I thought at first, but there's the problem that Raiden's suit looks almost completely different to what it was in MGS4. Maybe the suit he's wearing in the teaser is an old prototype. Hmm... there's the eyes as well. Why would his eyes be blue, turn orange, and then blue again in MGS4? Arggh. :lol

Xun

-Winnie- said:
That's what I thought at first, but there's the problem that Raiden's suit looks almost completely different to what it was in MGS4. Maybe the suit he's wearing in the teaser is an old prototype. Hmm... there's the eyes as well. Why would his eyes be blue, turn orange, and then blue again in MGS4? Arggh. :lol
Raiden is a codename.

I still think it's someone else!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
godhandiscen said:
lol chill, MGS:R is just "another" game on the PC. There is no need for us PC gamers to hype up this title, even if we get the best version, there are many other games to drool over. I believe it is the nature of multiplatform releases. No one gives a damn.
Err I'd say when one of major console series is releasing a version on the PC it's something that should be noted. It might not be a huge deal, but until I read the E3 PC thread I had no idea.

godhandiscen said:

I must say I like the irony that its the PS3 holding back KojiPro's next project, after all the meltdowns over the possibilities of a 360 version diluting the experience. Those same people sure as hell better be playing this sequal on the PC or they're hypocrites of the highest order.

Ikuu said:
Err I'd say when one of major console series is releasing a version on the PC it's something that should be noted. It might not be a huge deal, but until I read the E3 PC thread I had no idea.

Sure there's been PC versions of Metal Gear games in the past, but they were late cheap ports. This seems to be a game that's targeting the platform from the start and getting a release at hopefully the same time, if not only a few months later. Something like this would have never have been a possibility last generation, so its pretty damn big news if you ask me, I'm hyped anyway.

jett

D-Member
eXistor said:
It would be cool if Raiden's games would be Microsoft exclusive and Snake's games Sony. Going on the title it's gonna be an action game first, so the games will be completely different genres anyway (I really don't consider MGS action games, not in the first place anyway).

No, no it wouldn't be fucking cool.

JimiNutz

Banned
As a 360 owner I don’t care one bit about the MG franchise (if I cared I'd have kept my PS3 right), however after reading the ridiculously funny comments on the Kojima blog I would be immensely happy if this game sold crap load more on 360 and caused Kojima to develop games exclusively for MS :lol

There really are way too many funny ones to quote.

Paracelsus

NutJobJim said:
As a 360 owner I don’t care one bit about the MG franchise (if I cared I'd have kept my PS3 right), however after reading the ridiculously funny comments on the Kojima blog I would be immensely happy if this game sold crap load more on 360 and caused Kojima to develop games exclusively for MS :lol

If it is indeed an action game, guess what? I highly doubt it would reach the almost 5mln worldwide as MGS4 did on PS3, especially if it's not exclusive.

BeeDog

NutJobJim said:

Sounds more like fanboy wishful thinking than pure spitefulness and lolling at stupid comments from your end. :p But on the other hand, I agree, some kids invest waaaay too much love into their respective consoles, and it's something to laugh at.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Another comment:

"MGS going to Microsoft. I've lost anyfaith I ever had in Gaming industry. If there is a god, andhe loves us this will be multiplataform"

wat?

JimiNutz

Banned
Paracelsus said:
If it is indeed an action game, guess what? I highly doubt it would reach the almost 5mln worldwide as MGS4 did on PS3, especially if it's not exclusive.

I meant if it sold more on 360 compared to PS3, you know like RE5.
Either way I doubt it'll sell that many more copies on 360 than PS3, I just thought that the notion would be funny after reading all those meltdowns on the blog :lol
BeeDog said:
Sounds more like fanboy wishful thinking than pure spitefulness and lolling at stupid comments from your end. :p But on the other hand, I agree, some kids invest waaaay too much love into their respective consoles, and it's something to laugh at.
I take it you haven't really seen me post much on GAF :lol
dgenx said:
Another comment:

"MGS going to Microsoft. I've lost anyfaith I ever had in Gaming industry. If there is a god, andhe loves us this will be multiplataform"

wat?
That's the quote that caused me to lol the most :lol
I mean the kid is probably 13 or something, but it's still pretty fucking funny :lol

spwolf

BeeDog said:

ehm, just look at playstation boards... batshit insane people rule over there.

LowParry

NutJobJim said:

Quotes like these always make me grin for some reason.

LowParry

Sleeker said:
Those comments on the Hideoblog are horrible.

What are these people?

~...Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people. So meet me at the mission at midnight, we'll divvy up there...~

jett

D-Member
Sleeker said:
Those comments on the Hideoblog are horrible.

What are these people?

These are people that sent death threats to Kojima to direct MGS3 or else.

I think he'll be recieving more death threats than ever now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom