• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

jett said:
You know, this is what I'm talking about, look at what we have to do to find out if there's damage in the demo. Goddamnit Polyphony. :p

Yeah, at least they're doing something right. :lol Fucking hell.

jett

D-Member
ashbash159 said:
People saying the thing on the car is damage...

it's not, it's reflections!

A reflection of what exactly? During the first half of the replay it isn't there. There's scraping on the hood and on the frontside of the vehicle during the last 30 seconds of the video, it's not just a random frame. :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
ashbash159 said:
People saying the thing on the car is damage...

it's not, it's reflections!
Nah, definitely not. The marks are on the same place in different parts of the track.

31696ar.gif

2mi0yec.jpg

spwolf said:
someone threw rocks at it!

:D
With the decal that high up on the hood, and the game incorporating physical items on the track which can ride up on top of the vehicle's surface, it's probably the mark left behind by a pylon or a tarped hay bale or some other smaller trackside object. Snoopers from Gamersyde probably was talking about a lack of geometric damage shown in TGS version.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Played this today -- both the sit down pod and the controller station with the Benz SLS.

Although the menu UI had other icons (GT Mode, show room, etc), you couldn't actually access any of them. Going to arcade mode took me straight to the Subaru rally car so this was strictly demo material.

I did a normal race as well as a race where all I did was crash the Subaru. Damage model looked the same as Gamescom build. Doors and hood popping open and falling off if you abuse the car enough, but surprisingly going full speed into a barrier the first time produced no discernible damage. Damage started creeping in after multiple crashes.

The 458 Italia wasn't playable but I did see it in the screensaver mode on a big monitor and it looked damn good. I tried the SLS build and crashed the car repeatedly with incremental damage texture results (scratches and scrapes on fender and hood) but no model deformation that I could see and no doors and hood popping. I could be wrong and this car could have full damage but I crashed the hell out of it for a few minutes and all I saw were textures for scratches. The SLS did have a cockpit view. Makes me wonder whether or not it'll be like this for the full game where there will be 1000 cockpits and some cars (race cars) will have 3D damage while the remainder will just have texture damage with no deformation.

That said, it felt like pretty early code to me and I'm surprised PD showed it in its current state. In 3rd person view, the rear tires of the WRX disappear into a weird motion blur glitch when you're driving. Also, cubemaps on the hood were extremely blocky and low res. I don't remember if that's what they look like in GT5P but now I'm curious to go find out when I'm back.

It was really about the only game I saw today as I was stuck in a hotel room the rest of the day. :lol

Firewire

Banned
jett said:
A reflection of what exactly? During the first half of the replay it isn't there. There's scraping on the hood and on the frontside of the vehicle during the last 30 seconds of the video, it's not just a random frame. :p

So I should put the hammer, nails and cross down then? C'mon I was just about to crucify GTPlanet!

iam220

New physics? As in from scratch? In either case that is by far my most anticipated feature. They did an OK job with GT5P (spec II and up) so I can't wait to see what they deliver for the final game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
chespace said:
I could be wrong and this car could have full damage but I crashed the hell out of it for a few minutes and all I saw were textures for scratches. The SLS did have a cockpit view. Makes me wonder whether or not it'll be like this for the full game where there will be 1000 cockpits and some cars (race cars) will have 3D damage while the remainder will just have texture damage with no deformation.
I didn't think the remainder cars would even have texture damage. So that's pretty interesting.

Never thought I'd say this in the GT5 thread, but thanks Che! :D

cryptic

chespace said:
Played this today -- both the sit down pod and the controller station with the Benz SLS.

Although the menu UI had other icons (GT Mode, show room, etc), you couldn't actually access any of them. Going to arcade mode took me straight to the Subaru rally car so this was strictly demo material.

I did a normal race as well as a race where all I did was crash the Subaru. Damage model looked the same as Gamescom build. Doors and hood popping open and falling off if you abuse the car enough, but surprisingly going full speed into a barrier the first time produced no discernible damage. Damage started creeping in after multiple crashes.

The 458 Italia wasn't playable but I did see it in the screensaver mode on a big monitor and it looked damn good. I tried the SLS build and crashed the car repeatedly with incremental damage texture results (scratches and scrapes on fender and hood) but no model deformation that I could see and no doors and hood popping. I could be wrong and this car could have full damage but I crashed the hell out of it for a few minutes and all I saw were textures for scratches. The SLS did have a cockpit view. Makes me wonder whether or not it'll be like this for the full game where there will be 1000 cockpits and some cars (race cars) will have 3D damage while the remainder will just have texture damage with no deformation.

That said, it felt like pretty early code to me and I'm surprised PD showed it in its current state. In 3rd person view, the rear tires of the WRX disappear into a weird motion blur glitch when you're driving. Also, cubemaps on the hood were extremely blocky and low res. I don't remember if that's what they look like in GT5P but now I'm curious to go find out when I'm back.

It was really about the only game I saw today as I was stuck in a hotel room the rest of the day. :lol

Thanks.

jett

D-Member
Firewire said:
So I should put the hammer, nails and cross down then? C'mon I was just about to crucify GTPlanet!

Seems so. :/

Also, cubemaps on the hood were extremely blocky and low res. I don't remember if that's what they look like in GT5P but now I'm curious to go find out when I'm back.

Is this what you are talking about?

3050.jpg

LugNut74

chespace said:

Thanks for the update Che.

InsanezX2

chespace said:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but do you know if the demo was set up for Professional physics, or standard or if there was an option to change it? I just wonder if the performance damage is lessened when you play with standard physics vs. pro.

chespace said:

Man, you know your PR and media plan sucks when the community manger of the other team is the best source of information.

Thanks Che.

ShapeGSX

Afrikan said:
why are some scenes in this 60fps game looks sooo much smoother than other "60fps" games.....

this reminds when I first played Turbo Prop Racing for the old PSX...that game was way more smoother than anything out at the time.

these GT5 videos just look and move real.....mainly cockpit cam.

That is a Sony LCD TV with motionflow frame interpolation. It is possible that they have it turned on. But I'm not sure how that would interact with a 60fps camera.

chespace said:

Guess the delay is needed then,Thanks Che.

I guess there are other games to play now.

Goldrusher

SolidSnakex said:
Finally, Gran Turismo 5 now has a solid Japanese release date – March 31. An American and European release date will be announced soon.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/tgs-09-motion-controller-details-other-new-info/

They changed the blog:

Finally, Gran Turismo 5 now has a Japanese release window – March 2010. An American and European release date will be announced in due course.

old: solid Japanse release date - March 31
new: Japanese release window – March 2010

old: American and European release date will be announced soon
new: American and European release date will be announced in due course

-x.Red.x-

Goldrusher said:
They changed the blog:

old: solid Japanse release date - March 31
new: Japanese release window – March 2010

old: American and European release date will be announced soon
new: American and European release date will be announced in due course
oh man...

I really want to know what Sony/PD are thinking...

October 24 - November 4
thanks

jett

D-Member
-x.Red.x- said:
oh man...

I really want to know what is Sony/PD doing...

thanks

Yamauchi is busy jetsetting all over the world. I wonder just how of much of GT5's budget has been spent on plane trips and hotels. :p

So basically the whole "it's done and we can release it anytime we want" was just BS? Because I took that to mean they were intentionally waiting for $299 ps3 and the Christmas season to get the most out of GT5.

I'm still optimistic about a December release for NA/EU though. Didn't a reliable French retailer leak a 250gb GT5 bundle already?

Angst

I would of course like a December release, but that's quite unlikely unfortunately. If TGS ends with no more info about GT5 I will be quite sad. :'/

For a while I've realistically thought GT5 wouldn't be out until next year...but then I've boarded the GAF hype train (aka "Believe." =P) and got caught up thinking it'll be out by the end of the year...dang it :lol

If anything I'll be able to log in a good number of hours into GT PSP and Forza 3 for the time being...but it won't be the same...

Thanks a lot GAF...good times :lol

Goldrusher

-x.Red.x- said:
09/15 - 09-27 Frankfurt Motor Show
Thanks to that, we got the Ferrari 458 and Mercedes SLS footage.

10/24 - 11/04 Tokyo Motor Show
01/16 - 01/24 Detroit North American International Auto Show
03/04 - 03/15 Geneva Motor Show

offshore

H_Prestige said:
So basically the whole "it's done and we can release it anytime we want" was just BS? Because I took that to mean they were intentionally waiting for $299 ps3 and the Christmas season to get the most out of GT5.

I was guilty of thinking that.

Though now it just looks like Sony are putting a lot of their chips into 2010; God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, Gran Turimso 5, MAG, launch of PS Motion Controlller all coming in 2010....that's a solid line up however you look at it.

But it's strange though as Sony now don't have a "big" game planted in December that I can see.

Goldrusher

Site update. New list.

グランツーリスモ5
『グランツーリスモ5』発売日と最新情報を公開
更新日 : 2009年09月24日

9月24日(木)、東京ゲームショウ ビジネスデイに開催されたSCEプレスカンファレンスにて、『グランツーリスモ5』の発売日が「2010年3月予定」と発表になりました。

また、10月1日に発売される『グランツーリスモ』PSP®版で入手したクルマを『グランツーリスモ5』に引き継ぐことができる機能についても紹介されました。

会場で発表された『グランツーリスモ5』に関するその他の最新情報は以下の通りです。

●クルマ
・950台以上

●コース
・20ロケーション以上
・70バリエーション以上

●物理シミュレーション
・新自動車物理シミュレーション
・車両の転覆
・ダメージ
・コース内可動オブジェクト
・新世代ハイブリッドカー、EV対応

●アーケードモード
・シングルレース
・画面分割対戦

●GTモード
・マップ
・ガレージ
・自動車ディーラー
・チューニングショップ
・チャンピオンシップレース
・ライセンス試験

●オンライン機能
・ロビー
・テキスト・ボイスチャット
・プライベートロビー
・オンラインフォトアルバム
・オンラインリプレイアルバム
・YouTubeへのリプレイ映像のエクスポート

●フォトモード
・フォトドライブ
・フォトステージ

●グランツーリスモTV
・新ユーザーインターフェース
・PSP®へのムービー書き出し
・プログレッシブ・ダウンロード
Pretty much the same as the one that "leaked" last month, except:

old list:
1000 cars (730 standard, 170 premium (or something like that))
20 tracks, 60 variations

new list:
950 cars
20 locations, 70 tracks

Oh, and no mention of head tracking anymore.

offshore said:
I was guilty of thinking that.

Though now it just looks like Sony are putting a lot of their chips into 2010; God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, Gran Turimso 5, MAG, launch of PS Motion Controlller all coming in 2010....that's a solid line up however you look at it.

But it's strange though as Sony now don't have a "big" game planted in December that I can see.

Sony is calling in the rest of the year and leaving everything up to 3rd parties. Yay.

belvedere

Junior Butler
From GT Planet.

New list from official site.

●クルマ - Cars
・950台以上 - 950+ vehicles

●コース - Courses
・20ロケーション以上 - 20+ locations
・70バリエーション以上 - 70+ variations

●物理シミュレーション - Physics Simulation
・新自動車物理シミュレーション - New vehicle physics simulation
・車両の転覆 - roll over
・ダメージ - damage
・コース内可動オブジェクト - Moveable objects on the track
・新世代ハイブリッドカー、EV対応 - New generation hybrid car, EV support

●アーケードモード - Arcade Mode
・シングルレース - Single Race
・画面分割対戦 - Split screen

●GTモード - GT Mode
・マップ - Map
・ガレージ - Garage
・自動車ディーラー - Car Dealers
・チューニングショップ - Tuning
・チャンピオンシップレース - Race Championship
・ライセンス試験 - License Test

●オンライン機能 - Online Features
・ロビー - Lobby
・テキスト・ボイスチャット - Voice/text chat
・プライベートロビー - Private lobby
・オンラインフォトアルバム - Online Photo Album
・オンラインリプレイアルバム - Online Replay Album
・YouTubeへのリプレイ映像のエクスポート - Youtube upload

●フォトモード - Photo Mode
・フォトドライブ - Driving Photo Mode
・フォトステージ - Stage Photo Mode

●グランツーリスモTV - GT-TV
・新ユーザーインターフェース - New User Interface
・PSP®へのムービー書き出し - PSP export
・プログレッシブ・ダウンロード - Progressive download

Rollover and damage.

Note that damage isn't mentioned to any specific type of car this time.

-x.Red.x-

Goldrusher said:
Site update. New list.

Pretty much the same as the one that "leaked" last month, except:

old list:
1000 cars (730 standard, 170 premium (or something like that))
20 tracks, 60 variations

new list:
950 cars
20 locations, 70 tracks

Oh, and no mention of head tracking anymore.
oh yea... Kaz didn't mention that...

BTW
just 950 cars?
damage on all cars confirmed?
good find

Goldrusher

Quoting a fellow from GTplanet who seems to have translated it himself:

●クルマ - Cars
・950台以上 - 950+ vehicles

●コース - Courses
・20ロケーション以上 - 20+ locations
・70バリエーション以上 - 70+ variations

●物理シミュレーション - Physics Simulation
・新自動車物理シミュレーション - New vehicle physics simulation
・車両の転覆 - roll over
・ダメージ - damage
・コース内可動オブジェクト - Moveable objects on the track
・新世代ハイブリッドカー、EV対応 - New generation hybrid car, EV support

●アーケードモード - Arcade Mode
・シングルレース - Single Race
・画面分割対戦 - Split screen

●GTモード - GT Mode
・マップ - Map
・ガレージ - Garage
・自動車ディーラー - Car Dealers
・チューニングショップ - Tuning
・チャンピオンシップレース - Race Championship
・ライセンス試験 - License Test

●オンライン機能 - Online Features
・ロビー - Lobby
・テキスト・ボイスチャット - Voice/text chat
・プライベートロビー - Private lobby
・オンラインフォトアルバム - Online Photo Album
・オンラインリプレイアルバム - Online Replay Album
・YouTubeへのリプレイ映像のエクスポート - Youtube upload

●フォトモード - Photo Mode
・フォトドライブ - Driving Photo Mode
・フォトステージ - Stage Photo Mode

●グランツーリスモTV - GT-TV
・新ユーザーインターフェース - New User Interface
・PSP®へのムービー書き出し - PSP export
・プログレッシブ・ダウンロード - Progressive download

Xater

So damge on all cars after all? Why can't they just tell us? ARGH!

Seriously the game is out in 6 months, tell us something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom