• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Well, Evolution Studios are just top notch! They have shown amazing support for their game through 2015 and they aren`t stopping there! They listen to their fans and you can tell that they are really passionate about Driveclub!

Driveclub - Game of the Generation

EDIT: And it doesn`t stop here

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/679054233342230528

Plus we've got a little #DRIVECLUB gift coming your way on Christmas PlayStation Store update this week ;)

desu

south-park-i-just-came-500x375_medium.jpg

Dayum!

Shiiieeeet, didn't expect that. I was kind of hoping for that pre-release Antigua mention to be realized with the next batch of new tracks/locations, but city tracks are a great (and often requested) addition as well! Hopefully Antigua or a similar location is still on the cards down the road though. :)

I'm feeling a Brazilian southeast vibe in that Jaguar pic. Are there new countries or just new tracks on old countries, Rushy?

Could it be Chile?

Shaneus

Shaneus

No :p

Telegraph poles means it is going to be somewhat rural, I would say.

If they are existing locations then I would take a stab at Scotland, Canada, India, Chile/Japan.
Fuck you, it totally does ;P

Wasn't saying it was Quebec, but it does look like it. Doesn't matter though, because it means the DC engine can handle buildings and more intimate street circuit racing. This is the last thing I was hoping for, graphics-wise (other than tweaked AA/AF) and they've done it. So pumped!

desu

come on International GAF......can anyone recognize these locations? look out your windows people!

the top pic looks like a track I raced in GT5... I think with the mini carts?

or was a location from Metal Gear Solid 4...lol.

edit- oh I see some are already trying... cool.

Well 1&2 could be in lots of places in Europe (England, Germany, Poland).

3 could be Chile, Italy or India.

4 could be anywhere.

Auctopus

First one: Could be Rome or Paris. Or even London, the yellow parking lines are a clue.

Second one: As I said, Eastern Europe. Possibly, Tallinn or Prague.

Third one: This looks similar to Chile, so possibly city tracks based in countries we've already been to are a thing? Road markings look American.

Fourth: No clue.

I seem to lose my disc so I bought the digital version instead, but it seems I can't use my old save??? Just got a new PS4 so things are starting from scratch, but when I try to download my save from the cloud it tells me the app isn't installed despite that I do already have the full game installed. The disc is Asian version and digital is from NA.

I think I know where the 1st pic is! I'm a motorcycle courier in London so know it like the back of my hand.... Will try get a pic to show (on mobile so gimme a min).

I don't think they're 1:1 copies of real world cities? Would Sony have to license to include the real buildings?

Cobbled Cockburn inspired
lok24sdv.jpg

Building looks different (licensing dodging?) but it has that blue standout front with centre gold signage, downhill cobbled road.

7G2vBni.jpg

K9zQkSP.png

I'm fkin calling it!

It's BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Pl, London W1A 1AA.... It's the building on the right behind the bike.

You can buy my silence rushy by giving me a freebie for my 50th birthday, lol.

Tommi84

Really? REALLY? you're doing this now? We'd be hyped if we could get more of that Christmass present, Rushy ;).

Please give us more ;(

DD

I don't think it's India, since one of the buildings is a church and it looks like a small town.

Makes sense.

I still think it looks A LOT with some small towns in rural areas in the southeastern region of Brazil. Somewhere around the states of Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro and Espírito Santo (the state I live in. That would make me go nuts, since not even Brazilians acknowledge the existence of this little place, lol). The road marks, the old colonial architecture mixed with more recent stuff like that tiled glass balcony, the lamp posts, the catholic church, that rounded old geological type of mountains, the type of tree...

Looks good except for the background colour on the settings screens, browser, etc is that god awful default blue colour. I usually have my dashboard set to the grey colour. Much better on the eyes.

I assume this is the surprise that Rushy tweeted about? :)

Duallusion

I don't even care that they're city-based or which city it is; DC getting brand new tracks is all that matters to me. These people know how to lay down a track so they can set it wherever they want, as far as I'm concerned.

Just gimme asap, along with a new season pass.

AMG

Neo Member
I don't even care that they're city-based or which city it is; DC getting brand new tracks is all that matters to me. These people know how to lay down a track so they can set it wherever they want, as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly!! Evo defiantly knows how to create awesome tracks. You learn something new everytime you drive on any of their tracks. Real depth in them for those that enjoy getting in the zone!

Mokubba

Great Theme. Installed.

Maxed out the Weekend Warrior but no trophy. Got scared for a sec
Now finding out a fix needs to be patched in.

farmerboy

Amen to that. Best fictional tracks I've ever played, great use of elevation and elevation changes.

Which gets me thinking, city tracks would generally be a bit flatter, wouldn't they?

Either way, new tracks = more awesome. Best post game support ever?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've come around on the bikes a bit, but I still really dislike how quickly the rider/bike bounces back to nuetral position/gravity when you take pressure off the stick. It's just way too twitchy. DC is really remarkable for its sweet spot between arcade and sim. But with the bikes, the handling, imo, is too far to arcadey, twitchy play. And I think it's primarily down to the way the game pulls the bike and driver back to center in such an abrupt, unnatural manner. Otherwise, bikes feel pretty damn good, like everything else in the game.

Bikes are soooooo close to being as awesome as the cars, if not for this one issue.

I will say though, if you race perfectly, you hardly notice. It's most prevalent when I'm learning a course, or when asshole AI does asshole shit in a race.

Fox Mulder

Amen to that. Best fictional tracks I've ever played, great use of elevation and elevation changes.

Which gets me thinking, city tracks would generally be a bit flatter, wouldn't they?

They don't have to be. Prague in forza has great elevation changes and sweeping corners.

krioto

I don't think it's India, since one of the buildings is a church and it looks like a small town.

I'm betting that the top 2 are Edinburgh, and the bottom 2 from a Chilean city (Santiago?).

I think we'll get a city track/reverse per existing location to begin with

Almost completed all of bikes, just the final series of events to go.

881/1080 stars with cars too, slowly getting there. It's fun, but I wish it felt like there was more purpose in it sometimes. I liked how on games like GRID, you worked towards becoming the world champion. Driveclub doesn't really culminate in anything, you do a final series, but aside from being one race longer, it's no different to the rest, and the outcome doesn't really mean anything, stars aside.

xrnzaaas

Thanks for the dashboard link, already installed it. God dammit I don't have any time to play Driveclub. Maybe I'll find some time during the holidays (assuming PSN won't go down ;)).

Top Bottom