• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I just picked this up last week on sale and I'm actually having a blast this time! I heard they patched the handling model and thought I'd give it another go, yeah, it's so much more fun now. It feels more arcade centric than the awkward simcade middle ground it was at before, it's just more involving and exciting.

I've been a pretty heavy vocal detractor in the past but this is the good shit. Love it!
Yeah I remember you. You talked a lot of shit. Now you realize it's fun, eh?

<snip>

I've been a pretty heavy vocal detractor in the past but this is the good shit. Love it!

Yeah I remember having a run in with you when you were slagging it off on here many months back, I've seen you in various other DC threads having a pop too - still glad you've finally seen the light...

Does anyone know if there's a solution for the trophy not unlocking when you level up all the bikes? Skillet just did it tonight and no platinum!

Recently created a Driveclub Australia community and we had our first private lobby session last night which was great fun. We had 10 show up which was excellent and we're hoping that next time we get a full lobby. Had a few issues that put a slight dampener on the night though. One particular race most of us were copping corner penalties when we were right smack bang in the middle of the track. Later on in the night we had some team races and for whatever reason the game kept setting it to 3v5 and no matter what we did we couldn't rectify it. Lastly, we kept losing a couple of people after each race which had to be re-invited to the lobby but this could have been connection issues rather than the game? Their connection seemed fine while racing however.

What's the best way to contact Rushy? Have tried twitter, this very thread, private messages, etc but without any response it's hard to know if my suggestions/questions are getting through. He's probably busy I know but I have so many questions! Should be greatful he's even here to start with I suppose :)

One suggestion which I think would be excellent: Rather than the host having to manually select a new track, car class, etc after each race, how about a vote screen option (which can be toggled on/off) where everyone in the lobby can vote between two randomly selected track/car/time/weather combo chosen by the game? Similar to how random event works in single player, I guess.

Thanks!

farmerboy

He has responded to PMs from me in the past so I gather that if he hasn't he's just too busy. Or he might think you're a stalker seeing as you've contacted every which way possible ;-)

By the way I've sent out a FR and joined the Driveclub Aus Community if that's ok. Don't play as much as i used too but would love to join in on one of these race nights if you do one again soon.

Cheers

You a Deere man or New Holland? :)

Rushy

Recently created a Driveclub Australia community and we had our first private lobby session last night which was great fun. We had 10 show up which was excellent and we're hoping that next time we get a full lobby. Had a few issues that put a slight dampener on the night though. One particular race most of us were copping corner penalties when we were right smack bang in the middle of the track. Later on in the night we had some team races and for whatever reason the game kept setting it to 3v5 and no matter what we did we couldn't rectify it. Lastly, we kept losing a couple of people after each race which had to be re-invited to the lobby but this could have been connection issues rather than the game? Their connection seemed fine while racing however.
Thanks!
Corner Penalties - Have you got any videos of this issue occurring? And what setting did you have Penalties set to; Standard, Relaxed, Strict or Off?
Team - You can manually adjust which teams players are on. Simply select yourself in the player list and use the option 'Change Team'.
Connectivity - Seems very odd that players are fine during the race but then being kicked out of the race. First thing I would do is make sure that everyone checks their network connection status and ensures that no-one has NAT Type 3, as that is very bad for p2p gaming.

Shaneus

Not new DLC! Not when I don't have internet at home! :(

Wish there was a way I could download the update at work and apply it at home. Boo-urns.

Rushy, I have this weird bug that happens from time to time.

The control gets locked for a second and the game doesn't answer to my commands with the controller. I have a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdw7id9YEo

In second 0:04 you can see it happening. The car goes straight accelerating to the wall. I tried turning and pressing the brakes (L2) but the car didn't respond.
I have 2 DS4s and it happens with both of them, so I don't think it has anything to do with the controllers.

It doesn't happen too often, like once every 5 hours, but it's annoying. I think it started happening like 2 months ago. Is this a known bug?

It hasn't happened to me in any other game, but Driveclub is my most played game by far so, I don't know.

Makikou

The control gets locked for a second and the game doesn't answer to my commands with the controller. I have a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdw7id9YEo

In second 0:04 you can see it happening. The car goes straight accelerating to the wall. I tried turning and pressing the brakes (L2) but the car didn't respond.
I have 2 DS4s and it happens with both of them, so I don't think it has anything to do with the controllers.

It doesn't happen too often, like once every 5 hours, but it's annoying. I think it started happening like 2 months ago. Is this a known bug?

It hasn't happened to me in any other game, but Driveclub is my most played game by far so, I don't know.

Happens to me also, sound cuts out and you lose control. Sometimes it's only for 0.5s-1s.. but it has happened for 3-4s

Corner Penalties - Have you got any videos of this issue occurring? And what setting did you have Penalties set to; Standard, Relaxed, Strict or Off?
Team - You can manually adjust which teams players are on. Simply select yourself in the player list and use the option 'Change Team'.
Connectivity - Seems very odd that players are fine during the race but then being kicked out of the race. First thing I would do is make sure that everyone checks their network connection status and ensures that no-one has NAT Type 3, as that is very bad for p2p gaming.

Corner Penalties - We had the penalties set to Relaxed. I saved the replay and I'm uploading a short video now where you can see several of us turn ghost and are all hit with the penalty at the same spot. Note that in the saved replay, it doesn't show that it was a corner penalty but the text did appear across our screens when it happened. It happened to me and others several times in the same race.

Video - https://youtube.com/watch?v=vQrFkFERUCs

Team - I didn't know that so thanks. I was only thinking about it today but we had 10 players when we started team races and 2 dropped after a couple of races so I'm going to assume the 2 that dropped were from the same team and the game didn't auto balance the teams going forward. Not a big deal now that I know about the switching teams!

Connectivity - The players were fine while racing but they would drop immediately when returning to the lobby after a race. The rest of the time was perfectly fine and that was the only issue we had connection wise.

Thanks for the wisdom Rushy. Appreciate it.

Rushy

Happens to me also, sound cuts out and you lose control. Sometimes it's only for 0.5s-1s.. but it has happened for 3-4s
Is your audio running via the Dualshock 4 with headphones? If so it sounds like the Bluetooth signal is getting interference.

Also whilst I'm here, the DRIVECLUB BIKES Original Soundtrack has just been released on iTunes (EU/US/JPN) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/driveclub-bikes-original-soundtrack/id1067499897

sAP5wjPm.png

And be sure to download the free AMG Tour to unlock the AMG GT3:

rJXs49lm.png

It never lasted more than about 1s for me. And the sound isn't affected.

Next time it happens to you, try recording a video. When you watch it, if the sound is ok in the video, then it may very well be what rushy said about bluetooth interfernce.

Has this problem ever happened to you in any other game?

I figured the AMG Tour DLC drops today for NA but I keep checking and it's not on the store yet. Should it already be playable or do I just need to wait a bit longer?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the entire NA store has yet to be updated.

NewDust

Done with AMG tour! Man, there are some difficult objectives... Took me six hours or so, but I haven't touched driveclub really for the ladt few months (except all*stars, which was easy) The person who came up with the combination of lap/sector times and clean racing should get both a raise and a smack in the face.

a harsh battle for licenses between EA, turn10/microsoft polyphony digital and evolution studio ?

Some brand have exclusivity deals with some studios.

In short it's a big mess.

The more you know. I had no idea this type of thing was even going on. I still think Driveclub is an amazing product, but you guys already knew that. I also love that the game keeps my miles driven for each car as a stat. I'm a fan of these menus. The game does an excellent job of making me want to play more it feels very refined and hassle free.

Just got my final star on this expansion. That was a really nice and at times quite challenging tour (for me at least)! Winning all the stars with the GT3 on the Trotternish and The Kyle events took a bit of patience and a lot of restraint on the throttle. :) As always the track/time of day/weather combos look beautiful.

A great way to end an exciting and eventful year in Driveclub and i'm looking forward to everything the guys and gals at Evolution have in store for us next year!

Yeah I have had this issue since launch, only happens when headphones are connected. I just put it down to some interference but maybe it's actually the game causing it?

Also it's never happened in any other game, always Driveclub.

The control gets locked for a second and the game doesn't answer to my commands with the controller.
I've had this happen with MGS V and its either that game or some kind of interference. I noticed it starting after I bought my Surface Pro 3 and a dock on my coffee table. Once I disabled bluetooth on it I never saw the interference again. Not positive if that was the fix though.

I've never had that happen in DriveClub though.

newjeruse

I'm done playing any of these add-on's that involve weather elements. It looks beautiful, but it takes so much fun out of the pure racing aspect of the game. My stomach sinks when I boot up an event and see rain.

Shaneus

I'm done playing any of these add-on's that involve weather elements. It looks beautiful, but it takes so much fun out of the pure racing aspect of the game. My stomach sinks when I boot up an event and see rain.
I'm almost in the same boat as you. They're fun, but I remember how much I loved DC when there was no weather and you could give the cars plenty of stick. I like weather, but sometimes I just want to race in perfect conditions (in career/tour mode).

The more you know. I had no idea this type of thing was even going on. I still think Driveclub is an amazing product, but you guys already knew that. I also love that the game keeps my miles driven for each car as a stat. I'm a fan of these menus. The game does an excellent job of making me want to play more it feels very refined and hassle free.

If there is any consolation, Ford is definitely coming at some point in this season of DLC. Generally Ford is very kind in lending licenses to racing games (Only game I know of other then DC that didn't have them was Midnight Club 3, but they were added in for Midnight Club LA)

In fact, I can bet this is going to be the car list for the Ford expansion pack if Evolution decides to do it:

2016 Focus RS (Slots in perfectly into Sports)
Shelby Mustang GT350R (Completes the American pony car collection in Performance)
Fiesta ST (Hot Hatch)
2005 Ford GT (I believe the 2016 version is exclusive to Forza 6)

T_Exige

Completed the AMG tour, the clean sector (2x) on Trotternish took me a few tries, I don't like the last sector, I am always losing time on the part with the strange corners.
I can see this event being a challenge for most players. (throttle + rain + one of the harder tracks)

Just finished it myself. Loved every minute of it. Gotta say the GT3 is a handful in the rain but once you get the throttle under control it's quite exhilarating.

Denur

Completed the AMG tour, the clean sector (2x) on Trotternish took me a few tries, I don't like the last sector, I am always losing time on the part with the strange corners.
I can see this event being a challenge for most players. (throttle + rain + one of the harder tracks)
Got those two clean sectors on the very first try, but having had an unclean first sector and still being in 2nd place at entering the last sector, it was quite a thrill trying to win and to keep it clean. That took a lot of concentration and indeed, didn't feel easy at all.

Rushy

If you've yet to try out BIKES but have DRIVECLUB or the PS+ Edition you can now try out the KTM 1290 Super Duke R!

You can either unlock it in-game by reaching Level 10 of the KTM Owners Club Driver Accolade or choose to instantly unlocking it via the PlayStation Store.

This way you can sample the BIKES experience before buying the full game :)

OOiezJWl.png

knavish

Apparently I'm a cheater and use cheat codes according to someone called "THE MUTTS NUTZ"

he is adamant that I'm cheating, erm not sure what to say about that but apparently everyone knows and he's posted my cheating online...eeek!

how would one cheat at driveclub?

Apparently I'm a cheater and use cheat codes according to someone called "THE MUTTS NUTZ"

he is adamant that I'm cheating, erm not sure what to say about that but apparently everyone knows and he's posted my cheating online...eeek!

how would one cheat at driveclub?

Being good I guess?

Driveclub remains the gift that keeps on giving. Awesome, Rushy.

Apart from the option to fully customize the Dualshock controller (especially steer with the right stick and accelerate/brake with the left stick) there is another thing that maybe could improve my favorite game of this gen:

I really appreciate the option to drive with in car camera with the sounds from outside the car, but I am more of a bonnet-cam and hood-cam driver. Could you maybe also add an option to:

listen to the in-car engine sounds while driving with an outside cam?

Also Sony should pre-install this game on every new PS4 sold like Sega did with Alex Kid in Miracle World.

gfs_88038_2_8.jpg

krioto

The AMG GT3 car is a beast to drive in the rain

complete the new tour and level25 challenge - nice to have full stars and levels again.

also - I'm really liking the joint-star requirements - like clean sector + time limit

Sirenty

While trying to do the Level 25 challenge again after DC crashed on me, I noticed the arrows on the Nilgiri Hills maps are wrong. I kept starting the wrong time trial because the normal map shows the direction of the challenge, while the reverse map shows the opposite direction. Kept starting up the first map and it would put me at the wrong end.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Forgive me for the probably dumb question, brand new PS4 and PS+ owner... if I buy the 19.99 game plus season pass bundle, is that the most complete edition I can buy right now? Any difference from buying the disc? If I buy the disc do I still need the season pass? Thanks.

desu

Forgive me for the probably dumb question, brand new PS4 and PS+ owner... if I buy the 19.99 game plus season pass bundle, is that the most complete edition I can buy right now? Any difference from buying the disc? If I buy the disc do I still need the season pass? Thanks.

Game + season bundle gives you everything (except the new Driveclub Bikes Addon) and a few cars that can be unlocked by playing the game.
The disc only gives you the main tour and misses all the season stuff content (extra cars, tours, liveries), so yes you would still need the season pass.

Unless you are total physical fan, I would totally recommend the Game + season pass bundle.

Fox Mulder

Just got this game and it's amazing. Looks great and I love the added rush you get with the side goals during the race. I enjoyed this element in NFS Shift, have been shocked more racing games don't do it.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Game + season bundle gives you everything (except the new Driveclub Bikes Addon) and a few cars that can be unlocked by playing the game.
The disc only gives you the main tour and misses all the season stuff content (extra cars, tours, liveries), so yes you would still need the season pass.

Unless you are total physical fan, I would totally recommend the Game + season pass bundle.

Alright I think I'm gonna need to pick this up. Haven't seriously played a racing game since the first Forza... or maybe Burnout 3.

dr guildo

If you've yet to try out BIKES but have DRIVECLUB or the PS+ Edition you can now try out the KTM 1290 Super Duke R!

You can either unlock it in-game by reaching Level 10 of the KTM Owners Club Driver Accolade or choose to instantly unlocking it via the PlayStation Store.

This way you can sample the BIKES experience before buying the full game :)

OOiezJWl.png

That shot, we can't tell if it's real life or videogame...

4 events, nearly 3 million xp. :eek:

Them new accolade bonuses. I really appreciate the significant increase in accolade rewards with the addition of levels 6-10, some of the bonuses you get for the first 5 levels are a bit low. Saved me some effort carrying my club mostly by myself to level 50. :)

Top Bottom