• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Ebolarama

Banned
Maybe just give them some pointers, like not hold r2 in corners

I find myself agreeing with you, mainly with the statement that practice will make you better. I am definitely not that good and I suck at project Cars (though I'm playing at Pro/unbeatable in Forza). And don't get me started with online (I rarely even make podium).
But I platted DC and I've got all original 1035 stars and some events like the Venom hot lap took me 3-4 hours of straight practice. So it's possible for an average skills guy to do it.

Separate topic: have they improved the superficial damage modeling? I wrecked my car up (haven't played car DC in over a month) and I did a double take and even exclaimed aloud about how much better the damage seemed to look. When I played the game at release I thought the scratches looked like someone glued tin foil to the car (i.e. looked bad).

Btw, are there actual colours in the chrome section?
No. You have the choice of chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome, chrome.

Though on the list of chosen colours for the design it does actually show the colour that would normally be in the position on the colour selection screen :p

Jamesways

Because he has a hard time realizing when it's time to throw in the towel.

The fact of the matter is, that people are basically parroting 'git gud' and acting like DRIVECLUB is some super hardcore sim when in reality, it's a simcade racer, is fucking pathetic. You want true hardcore racing, go fucking play Project CARS or rFactor and bitch about the dirty casuals there. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the game with the rest of DRIVECLUB-GAF.

Though I shouldn't be surprised, DRIVECLUB threads bring out the worst of Gaming side, first for it's graphics, and now for a supposed Easy mode.

The funny thing is I'm a heck of a lot better at pCARS, Race Pro, MotoGP, sims in general than DRIVECLUB.

I welcome the easy mode, now I can beat some of those tough DLC tours. Yeah, some were frickin' tough.

Can't wait for the Super Duke. Absolutely love the bikes. Personally prefer them to the cars right now.

drotahorror

It took me 1 time trial with a Merc to unlock the first new one.

I still have 40 miles left and I'm only on Mercedes Benz Owners accolade level 2. So I'll definitely have to drive well over 100 miles to unlock the new Mercedes.

I still haven't unlocked the level 6 Ferrari, I'm on level 4. I drove a track 10x or so this morning and only gained 17 or 18 miles out of the 30+ I had left.

To unlock some of these vehicles it does take forever of doing monotonous tracks with little pay off. I'm half tempted to spend the couple bucks since I don't want to drive certain cars for hours just to unlock a car I probably won't use.

I don't understand why some of these manufacturer accolades are all different mileage and rewards either (even cars of same class have diff rewards)

I still have 40 miles left and I'm only on Mercedes Benz Owners accolade level 2. So I'll definitely have to drive well over 100 miles to unlock the new Mercedes.

I still haven't unlocked the level 6 Ferrari, I'm on level 4. I drove a track 10x or so this morning and only gained 17 or 18 miles out of the 30+ I had left.

To unlock some of these vehicles it does take forever of doing monotonous tracks with little pay off. I'm half tempted to spend the couple bucks since I don't want to drive certain cars for hours just to unlock a car I probably won't use.

I don't understand why some of these manufacturer accolades are all different mileage and rewards either (even cars of same class have diff rewards)

The more cars in the game by a manufacturer the higher the mileage required to rank up, makes sense having lower milage for the Marusia or Lykan etc

As for the time taken to rank up, I guess that's the whole point, that there is content to unlock in the weeks & months ahead...

If you want to get mileage the quickest then do either The Kyle or BHR, I think BHR 01 is the quickest of the three, and I typically choose that as you can just go round and round no waiting to restart like with The Kyle.

Pachimari

I'm slowly working my way through the main tour, and I have still not touched online or liveries, or any of the other tours. So much content. Definitely the best game this generation so far. And I'm very surprised I feel this way.

If you're only driving to unlock stuff then of course it will feel monotonous and like a chore. Instead of repeating the same track over and over, why not go back to some old tour events, that way you can improve your old times while working towards accolade completion.Earlier this week i wanted to unlock the new KTM bike, so i went back to some multi-race tour events which i originally did with a Catterham or BAC Mono and redid them with the X-Bow. It was a nice new challenge, i earned a ton of fame towards my club, and worked towards the manufacturer accolade all at once. It was fun and didn't feel like work. You could also compete in challenges that feature that manufacturer.

If you're only driving to unlock stuff then of course it will feel monotonous and like a chore. Instead of repeating the same track over and over, why not go back to some old tour events, that way you can improve your old times while working towards accolade completion.Earlier this week i wanted to unlock the new KTM bike, so i went back to some multi-race tour events which i originally did with a Catterham or BAC Mono and redid them with the X-Bow. It was a nice new challenge, i earned a ton of fame towards my club, and worked towards the manufacturer accolade all at once. It was fun and didn't feel like work. You could also compete in challenges that feature that manufacturer.
Between the tour events and challenges and elite challenges there is seriously no shortage of events.

Dinged 79 last night and I really don't see this game getting boring for me anytime soon. Keep the good stuff coming Evo.

Denur

I did not expect this, but fot the first time I'm not happy with Driveclub. I would have preferred that cars and bikes would have stayed separated for progressing in the elite levels.

I did not expect this, but fot the first time I'm not happy with Driveclub. I would have preferred that cars and bikes would have stayed separated for progressing in the elite levels.
If you don't own BIKES you can still get that bike so you can still progress.

Obviously you won't be as versed in bikes. I actually found it the toughest of the new levels (though I still easily achieved it), and it's also my favourite track, albeit in reverse. Doesn't have a great flow for bikes.

drotahorror

Didn't mean for my post to sound sort of whiny. I worship Evolution and DC is the best racing game with normal cars I've ever played (Motorstorm series wins as best ever). I'm just not a big fan of Mercedes and I'd rather drive other Hypers than Ferrari's. But at the same time I wish I had both of the unlock cars. I will get them in time, I make the game what it is, so if it's monotonous to grind for these cars, it's because that's the way I chose to do it. I shouldn't have even said anything. This is honestly the worst thing I've ever said about any Evo game hah.

Denur

If you don't own BIKES you can still get that bike so you can still progress.

Obviously you won't be as versed in bikes. I actually found it the toughest of the new levels (though I still easily achieved it), and it's also my favourite track, albeit in reverse. Doesn't have a great flow for bikes.
Oh, I already have BIKES since the day it was released. I'm just not good yet at riding bikes and didn't plan on learning this skill any time soon. But now I will. Gave the challenge a shot last night, after a decent visit to the pub, and got into 5 seconds of the goal. Because the way the bikes lean into corners, I can't get a good view of the corners, which makes it a bit awkward (I won't do 3rd person). I wish VR was already here. :)

Kalentan

I just got the full game/season pass and Bikes today... holy shit. Driving your bike through the Canadian wilderness with heavy rain is fucking exhilirating.

Though I do admit I need to use the break assists for corners. I have it set to medium and I still crash in corners from time to time. Getting better though.

Kalentan

I just went 1 v 1 against a guy online, my 2nd online match. I was behind (quite a bit far too) for like 2/4 laps of the match but then I suddenly got into a grove and began to catch up. Then for laps 3 and 4 we kept switching between first and second place. I lost but by a fucking hair. It was so intense!

Also I just realized you can customize your rider! Anyway to get more colors?

I hope Sony will announce a Season 2 Pass at tonight's PlayStation Experience.

Rushy said in that interview recently that while a second season pass in the future isn't out of the question, it's currently not in the cards. He mentioned how important it was that they laid out their first season pass so far in advance, but also how difficult it was to do that and stick to it. Unless he was just playing coy in order not to spoil a surprise, i wouldn't get my hopes up. For now it sounds like we're getting new tracks and some smaller updates.

I am so confused by this game. I downloaded the free ps plus version...there is a version in the store for 15 dollars, and it tells me I already own it....where do I buy the real game?

Gong

I've had a real up and down relationship with Driveclub until recently. I bought it at launch, found it ok but I ended up leaving it as for the life of me I just couldn't get into the groove of the game once it ramped up in difficulty. I would always go back but inevitably I would hit the same problems and again would depart frustrated.

When Bikes arrived I decided to take a chance as 1) I love them 2) there are so few bike related games worth a damn out there, it had to be worth a punt at the reduced price of entry for Driveclub owners surely?

Best decision I've made in a long time.

I just instantly clicked with it, this imperceptible block I had with the game went and I was enjoying the thrill of throwing these lovely two-wheeled beasts around the tracks and having so much fun. Going back to the four-wheeled section of the game was enlightening as I was able to compete, hit in game objectives and generally enjoy the game I'd had suxh a standoff relationship with for so long. I for the life of me don't know what it did but it worked and I've been enjoying picking it up now and then and that great feeling of progression, and crucially enjoyment.

I'm really happy with Driveclub now and appreciate the care and craft that went into it and hope that folks like me who couldn't get on with it before find a way into it like I did. Make Bikes free for a weekend or something similar as it turned my opinion of this game completely round, hope it does the same for others.

Apologies for the wall of text.

AMG

Neo Member
Hi Rushy, Now that we have the S65 AMG coupe & AMG GT3 2016 (with many thanks!!) any chance we can get an AMG with the 5.5 V8 biturbo engine? Maybe the CLS63S AMG or E63S AMG? Or introduce some SUVs like the AMG GLE63S SUV or coupe version? Or G63 AMG 463 Edition!! Thanks!

Denur

Once I realized that bikes have two wheels (duh), they aren't that hard to ride. In fact, I enjoy them now a lot with the wheel. Finished the first four of the new elite challenges quickly and now first need to get a dozen or so more stars to be able to be eligible to do the last elite challenge. Haven't checked yet, but I guess that means getting all the remaining BIKES stars.

drotahorror

Dunno why I never thought of this sooner but I figured out a really easy way to rack up the hundreds of miles I need for the new Mercedes. It involves a rubberband. Now I can go about my day doing whatever.

Rushy , well i'm sorry to say thisss after i asked for more slot for customisation last month but ....

I need 5 more secs to choose when i play online!!

Just 5 secs... There is so many too choose from and , well you know ...

Just 5 more secs ?Please ? Pretty Please ?

Kalentan

Just played a car event after playing nearly exclusively with Bikes. Holy shit it went bad. I could barely keep my car in check and it slammed into so much stuff. I felt like I lost so much percision going from Bikes to cars.

I know I'm probably just talking to myself with how much I've complained, but the United In Speed trophy really highlights my problems with the AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUNIyYv_iOI&feature=youtu.be

You can see I got around the corner with ease, nothing technical that they had to brake extra hard for.

Something like that would probably never happen if they weren't braking so hard and unwilling to push their car. The LaFerrari (and especially the FXX K) have so much power and downforce that the 458 shouldn't have even seen them once the race had started. Instead, they let me pass easily and don't even manage to catch up on the long straight the track has, despite having over double my horsepower.

If Rushy or anyone sees this, can we please hear that a harder/"non-AI-handicap" difficulty is being worked on in some form? We got an easier one so it must be possible in some way.

I downloaded update 1.24 weeks ago, but now when I want to update DC, it says you should download 12gb again. Please help!

The console should ask you for 12gb of free space , but it should only download 400mb
( the pS4 is not perfect with their incremental update for background content.

I downloaded update 1.24 weeks ago, but now when I want to update DC, it says you should download 12gb again. Please help!

Although it says that the total download is 12gb the actual download is much smaller. It will only download the incremental change which is a few 100mb.'s.

I've had the download problem three times and was forced to download all previous updates. In your notifications> download, it starts you back at 0 and doesn't continue from the previous update.

Rushy said it's a system error and to cancel the download and keep trying, but this never worked for me.

The console should ask you for 12gb of free space , but it should only download 400mb
( the pS4 is not perfect with their incremental update for background content.

Although it says that the total download is 12gb the actual download is much smaller. It will only download the incremental change which is a few 100mb.'s.

Just go to your notifications and look at your downloads. It should say 11.---- out of 12gb.

I've had the download problem three times and was forced to download all previous updates. In your notifications> download, it starts you back at 0 and doesn't continue from the previous update.

Rushy said it's a system error and to cancel the download and keep trying, but this never worked for me.
Thank you friends. I tried some ways (like cancel and start again more than 10 times) but it starts from 0. I downloaded more than 1gb but nothing happened and it seems that I should download all 12gb with my very slow speed. but this amazing game worth it without a doubt and I cant wait to see new colors! :)

I know I'm probably just talking to myself with how much I've complained, but the United In Speed trophy really highlights my problems with the AI:

You can see I got around the corner with ease, nothing technical that they had to brake extra hard for.

Something like that would probably never happen if they weren't braking so hard and unwilling to push their car. The LaFerrari (and especially the FXX K) have so much power and downforce that the 458 shouldn't have even seen them once the race had started. Instead, they let me pass easily and don't even manage to catch up on the long straight the track has, despite having over double my horsepower.

If Rushy or anyone sees this, can we please hear that a harder/"non-AI-handicap" difficulty is being worked on in some form? We got an easier one so it must be possible in some way.

I was expecting the harder difficulty option to be included with the last update seeing as easier options were patched in. Rushy has said they're also coming, it's just a matter of when. Really hope it's not too long from now, I've been holding off playing for so long because the game just isn't enjoyable for me when it's easy. Which is most of the time, truth be told.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/621981974643740672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

krioto

As NewDust mentioned above, the actual AI difficulty has not been altered, rather:

None of all that... "Easy mode" means you can collect silver stars, with easier requirements than the golds stars. So finish first, becomes finish top 3, or a lower laptime, etc, etc. This is completely separate from the braking assist. And setting ai difficulty is only possible in single races, not tour mode.

So, the AI difficulty options, for single races, remains as per current (i.e. SemiPro, Pro, Legend) - there was no 'easier' AI added, just different requirements to assist tour-mode progression.

Also, you example seems to cherry-pick one particular race to prove a point, where that race is obviously not a 'real-life' scenario - the FXX and LaFerrari would certainly catch the player in the 458.

I would also like a more difficult option for the AI, so I am not dissing the idea, just reiterating that an easier AI has not been added already, so we don't know how much work would be involved in implementing a more 'harder' option, as you seem to suggest.

farmerboy

Some very positive feedback of DC in VR coming out of PSX. This game would definitely be the killer app for me.

Anyone here tried it? Thoughts/impressions?

Kie, would you care to expand on your time with it?

Sirenty

Rushy, can you please add a way to skip point accumulation at the end of a race? Especially for sprints. Being forced to wait as 2 or 3 or 4 scores get added in before you can do anything is a real flow and mood killer, especially when the points have no impact or emotion tied to them.

Personal example: I have millions of points. I don't care if I made 5000 points or crested 6000 on a 30 sec sprint. I just care about the time and making it better, so I want to get back to trying again as fast as possible.

drotahorror

Rushy, can you please add a way to skip point accumulation at the end of a race? Especially for sprints. Being forced to wait as 2 or 3 or 4 scores get added in before you can do anything is a real flow and mood killer, especially when the points have no impact or emotion tied to them.

Personal example: I have millions of points. I don't care if I made 5000 points or crested 6000 on a 30 sec sprint. I just care about the time and making it better, so I want to get back to trying again as fast as possible.

A simple touchpad push would be a nice way to skip and get right to the restart/leaderboard/etc menu.

Also, you example seems to cherry-pick one particular race to prove a point, where that race is obviously not a 'real-life' scenario - the FXX and LaFerrari would certainly catch the player in the 458.

I would also like a more difficult option for the AI, so I am not dissing the idea, just reiterating that an easier AI has not been added already, so we don't know how much work would be involved in implementing a more 'harder' option, as you seem to suggest.

Just one thing to note, my video certainly isn't cherry-picked, it's just the most obvious example to see what I'm talking about.

There are plenty of times where I'm either faster off the line or way quicker around corners/braking than identical cars, but of course a race where the AI cars are supposed to be overpowered is going to highlight it better (because seeing a LaFerrari overtake a LaFerrari could easily just be skill - a 458 should rarely, if ever, overtake an FXX K. I should never have been near enough to even attempt it).

Either way, I didn't realise that Easy doesn't actually change the AI, so it's not as "bad" that we don't have a harder mode yet I suppose.

T_Exige

I have 2 spots left in my club: Le Mans Racing
Looking for some active people, prefer singleplayer/time trial/challenges
Multiplayer not necessary.

drotahorror

When editing a Club Badge, is there any way to have no shield? I just want my graphic to be displayed, I don't want a shield. You can turn off the other things but I can't find it for the shield.

Kaname

So, is the McLaren P1 GTR the best car in the game?
I'm literally crashing every opponent in all the races that I can bring this car; it's simply perfect on any aspect :O

Makikou

So, is the McLaren P1 GTR the best car in the game?
I'm literally crashing every opponent in all the races that I can bring this car; it's simply perfect on any aspect :O

One of the best yeah. If you can drive a Koenigsegg One:1, that is faster on tracks that have less corners/long straights where you can keep it floored all the way.

Shaneus

Some very positive feedback of DC in VR coming out of PSX. This game would definitely be the killer app for me.
There are three killer apps for me so far. Rez, TxK and DC. Any of which on their own would sell it for me, but all three is just... holy shitballs. Hoping people start thinking about making "classic" titles compatible, I'd love to see Daytona USA in VR, either with a virtual cabinet or actually being in the game.

krioto

When editing a Club Badge, is there any way to have no shield? I just want my graphic to be displayed, I don't want a shield. You can turn off the other things but I can't find it for the shield.

I made my club's shield the same colour as my background (i.e. black on black) - choose a shield that has no outline and it should work

Top Bottom