• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

farmerboy

There are three killer apps for me so far. Rez, TxK and DC. Any of which on their own would sell it for me, but all three is just... holy shitballs. Hoping people start thinking about making "classic" titles compatible, I'd love to see Daytona USA in VR, either with a virtual cabinet or actually being in the game.

Honestly don't know if I could handle these. Maybe too trippy/psychedelic for me.

ZalXII

Does leaning forward on a bike actually do something speedwise or am i just a victim of the placebo effect? It feels like it because my brain tells me it's logical but when i look at my tachometer there seems to be no difference on straights.

kie25

So, is the McLaren P1 GTR the best car in the game?
I'm literally crashing every opponent in all the races that I can bring this car; it's simply perfect on any aspect :O

No the Ferrari Fxx is faster on more tracks over a race, due to the always active kers, P1 GTR good for TT but the one:1 wins on the majority tracks, the car handles really good and destroys every other cars in straight lines. But in the end it comes down to personal choice, I pick the GTR over FXX as the FXX understeers like a bitch with a wheel not sure why, I'm probably faster with the la Ferrari which is just baffling as the Fxx is a race version basically, I just struggle with understeer, been same on every game I play, I always set my project cars setups for a positive front end as I'd rather deal with oversteer.

Rushy

Does leaning forward on a bike actually do something speedwise or am i just a victim of the placebo effect? It feels like it because my brain tells me it's logical but when i look at my tachometer there seems to be no difference on straights.
Placebo I'm afraid.

It is beneficial however to lean forward at the start of race when going through the early gears to avoid a wheelie, and also when going over crests to keep the bike as level as possible.

drotahorror

Placebo I'm afraid.

It is beneficial however to lean forward at the start of race when going through the early gears to avoid a wheelie, and also when going over crests to keep the bike as level as possible.

I asked this question a while back and got a different answer. Good to know!

Does holding UP on the stick make you faster on bikes? For instance on straightaways hold up, and then on some turns you can hold up/turn at same time to gain speed? Been wondering this for a bit. It makes sense that it would increase speed but I sort of wish/hope it doesn't.

I've actually had numerous accidents since this post since I always hold up whenever possible, even when trying to do tight turns.

Auctopus

Placebo I'm afraid.

Wow, that's really surprising. I thought leaning forward was borderline essential.

ZalXII

Placebo I'm afraid.

Thanks for your answer. I also did it do avoid wheelies like you said, good to know that really has an actual useful effect, not only at the start but everytime when the front wheel goes up usually. Like on bridges or similar bumpy surfaces. Actually, i think i've won a very hard fought race because of that online.
Last seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73-BnHg-LI#t=6m12s

My oppenent didn't lean forward from the look of it. Ouch, that poor BMW driver at 1:07, i'm very sorry :).

Can't believe DC has been out for over a year already, and I'm still playing it a couple times a week. Well I can actually, it's like a drug! Got to say I've improved a lot over those 14 months, which is what I love about the game. Practice actually pays off and you know it's because of the hard work and time spent with the game. There's not many games these days that give you that feeling.

So what is next for Driveclub Rushy? Where to in 2016? There's talk of new tracks correct? Can you give us any info on what we can expect going forward? Please ;)

Tommi84

Placebo I'm afraid.
I'm not sorry to be honest. I tried few races with leaning forward as often as possible and I ended up having worse times as I couldn't turn as sharp so fast ;)

Avoiding wheeles and coming from the bridges is enough :)

Feels like more than a year, that's probably a testament to how much content there's been!

For bike starts I noticed I have better starts if, whilst leaning forward still, give it full gas then as your bike pulls up come off the gas then when it falls again give it full gas again.

Seems to give me an advantage versus just leaning forward when I compared against my ghosts in time trials when I had just leant forward.

Hey Rushy! If you read this, can you confirm that all cars have their engine start up sound in the game because I saw this video and didn't know if it was fake. Also, are you guys still working on implement the feature which will allow us to open the doors for the cars like you told me on twitter. Thanks!

Hey Rushy! If you read this, can you confirm that all cars have their engine start up sound in the game because I saw this video and didn't know if it was fake. Also, are you guys still working on implement the feature which will allow us to open the doors for the cars like you told me on twitter. Thanks!
They do.

It happens at the start of an event, but you'll miss it if you've already got your foot on the gas!

Chome in RL looks tacky, but in DC.......

xTk9ZxKy5gUpwPUFI4.gif

:)

Chome in RL looks tacky, but in DC.......

:)

The rainbow tunnel does help with that.

Few questions, you can answer too Rushy ;)

Have the actual wheels on the cars actually changed recently? I have noticed more, what is the word, concave wheels on some cars. Might be my imagination though.

Regarding the weather, does it affect the handling in a clear dry-light-heavy "settings" or does the water that is left on the track when it changes from heavy to dry in a "dynamic" way. As in if the straight is really wet but the corner looks like it's mostly dry, will the grip be different?

It might be weird thing to ask since I have played more than enough that I should have noticed that but I still would like to know.

Also, regarding liveries/paints.
I got an idea, could we mix the new paint types together (got some ideas on my mind), as in use flake / chrome / flip paints in the same colour scheme?

The rainbow tunnel does help with that.

Few questions, you can answer too Rushy ;)

Have the actual wheels on the cars actually changed recently? I have noticed more, what is the word, concave wheels on some cars. Might be my imagination though.

Regarding the weather, does it affect the handling in a clear dry-light-heavy "settings" or does the water that is left on the track when it changes from heavy to dry in a "dynamic" way. As in if the straight is really wet but the corner looks like it's mostly dry, will the grip be different?

It might be weird thing to ask since I have played more than enough that I should have noticed that but I still would like to know.

Also, regarding liveries/paints.
I got an idea, could we mix the new paint types together (got some ideas on my mind), as in use flake / chrome / flip paints in the same colour scheme?
They were adding what they had with bikes where when you corner the tyre will deform, if that's what you mean.

They were adding what they had with bikes where when you corner the tyre will deform, if that's what you mean.

Not that, I mean the actual wheels/tyres, instead of being [ ], they are like ) |.
Most likely I've been paying more attention to the tyres since the addition of the bikes and I'm just imagining things.

- edit -

The easy question would be : Did they change tire / wheel models on some / all cars in recent patch(es).

- edit 2 -

Another idea.

Since cars also have their own levels now, I would love to have an option to do random event with specific car (or bike if you are a crazy person).

If Rushy or any of the DC team see this, I have a minor request:

Is it possible that we could have an (albeit unrealistic) "Attached All" for tracking in photomode? I'd love to have shots where everything is evidently in motion, but without the AI's cars being affected by it. I can switch cars and focus on individual ones, but I couldn't have a clear picture of a pack of moving cars.

I'm still just learning the ropes with this game, but man I'm having a blast. I think I've clocked in about 6 hrs playtime thus far and I have no major complaints. I've yet to try multiplayer. This game is indeed scratching my itch for MSR and PGR.

drotahorror

When you guys are controlling the bikes, Are you turning with the stick pushed forward?

Like Forward left Forward right?

I used to until I read what Rushy posted a few posts up. GG not wrecking anymore while holding Up and trying to turn. I'm glad holding up has some use but having to hold it nearly the entire race was getting tiring to me.

kie25

If Rushy or any of the DC team see this, I have a minor request:

Is it possible that we could have an (albeit unrealistic) "Attached All" for tracking in photomode? I'd love to have shots where everything is evidently in motion, but without the AI's cars being affected by it. I can switch cars and focus on individual ones, but I couldn't have a clear picture of a pack of moving cars.

I asked that Q when I was last at evo, and the guy in charge said it's not possible, he explained it at the time, can't remember exactly why, but he said only way to get it to focus properly on all cars is if there all going same speed, which works as I've had it with about 3 cars but you will never get more unless you stage it.

Rushy, any chance of an option in private lobbies to select lightweight or specific manufacturers only? At the moment we can select Hot Hatch, Sports, Super, etc but it would be great to have that extra layer of customisation. Thanks!

I'm just completing the rookie portion of Tour Mode, I really like the way they have this portion of the campaign designed with objectives. The interface and menus are nice to navigate. Loving all of this. So far I feel this game is very underrated.

desu

I've been playing a lot of games on other consoles in the last weeks since I got myself a Xbone/WiiU. I also played a lot Forza 5/Horizon which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would.

However I saw Broken Joystick posting a DC gif in another thread and yeah, I just cannot get over how amazing Driveclub looks compared to everything else thats out there. About a year since I got the game and it still amazes me, incredible job Evolution! I am really really looking forward to what you have in store for 2016.

I asked that Q when I was last at evo, and the guy in charge said it's not possible, he explained it at the time, can't remember exactly why, but he said only way to get it to focus properly on all cars is if there all going same speed, which works as I've had it with about 3 cars but you will never get more unless you stage it.

It will be due to camera simulation as well as system resources because you would need another mode for it to work. The aperture and the shutter speed when dealing with speed determine what has motion blur and in the case of a blurred background the movement a photographer does to get the blur, so effectively the DC photomode camera simulates this to a degree. You can do it in 3D though as you aren't restricted by reality but would require an entirely rebuilt camera system which is a massive job, essentially you want the camera to have no focal depth so everything is in focus then have a mask for each car by using some sort of compositing tag and apply a post effect to everything that isn't masked to create a motion blur.

I've been playing a lot of games on other consoles in the last weeks since I got myself a Xbone/WiiU. I also played a lot Forza 5/Horizon which I enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would.

However I saw Broken Joystick posting a DC gif in another thread and yeah, I just cannot get over how amazing Driveclub looks compared to everything else thats out there. About a year since I got the game and it still amazes me, incredible job Evolution! I am really really looking forward to what you have in store for 2016.

Tell me about it. I took this the other day because it blew me away how "right" everything looked in the shot.

PaulLFC

Does anyone know how many miles you have to drive to reach KTM level 10?

Unless it's a ridiculous amount I'd like to try out the free bike before deciding whether to buy DC Bikes. Currently setting up a 25 lap race in Scotland, not sure how many of those I'll have to do to unlock it but hopefully it isn't a huge amount. I'm currently at level 2 - 8 to go!

Does anyone know how many miles you have to drive to reach KTM level 10?

Unless it's a ridiculous amount I'd like to try out the free bike before deciding whether to buy DC Bikes. Currently setting up a 25 lap race in Scotland, not sure how many of those I'll have to do to unlock it but hopefully it isn't a huge amount. I'm currently at level 2 - 8 to go!

I don't know know exactly how many km the KTM manufacturer accolade requires, but i just played a handful of multi-race tour events with it and that was it.

PaulLFC

I don't know know exactly how many km the KTM manufacturer accolade requires, but i just played a handful of multi-race tour events with it and that was it.
I just unlocked it a few minutes ago, took 2 25 lap races (although there's probably better / faster ways to unlock it) - the bikes handle really well I find. Bought the expansion after a few laps on the test bike.

I just unlocked it a few minutes ago, took 2 25 lap races (although there's probably better / faster ways to unlock it) - the bikes handle really well I find. Bought the expansion after a few laps on the test bike.
The Kyle is the quickest (as in highest average speed to rank mileage the quickest) track, though as you have to go through more menus I prefer BHR 01, which is the second quickest and just over 2.5 miles long, and just slap it on Time Trial.

Anyone know a faster way to grind fame than drifting around Los Pelambres? It's about 10k fame / lap if you keep it clean, atleast on hot hatches, roughly 1 minute / lap.

Anyone know a faster way to grind fame than drifting around Los Pelambres? It's about 10k fame / lap if you keep it clean, atleast on hot hatches, roughly 1 minute / lap.

Single lap race on Tamil Nadu 02 in a double fame car (currently any Nissan, take the fastest one). Set the difficulty to whatever is comfortable for you, if you win you'll earn around 40k in under a minute.

Single lap race on Tamil Nadu 02 in a double fame car (currently any Nissan, take the fastest one). Set the difficulty to whatever is comfortable for you, if you win you'll earn around 40k in under a minute.

Sadly the Nissans don't allow custom paintjobs (I'm grinding car levels) so them being double won't help this time, going to give it a try on other cars though.

I've noticed the game is a little light on manufacturers. I was hoping to see a wide variety of brands. Does anyone know why it seems like on the different brand types? Where is Toyota, Ford, Honda etc?

I've noticed the game is a little light on manufacturers. I was hoping to see a wide variety of brands. Does anyone know why it seems like on the different brand types? Where is Toyota, Ford, Honda etc?

a harsh battle for licenses between EA, turn10/microsoft polyphony digital and evolution studio ?

Some brand have exclusivity deals with some studios.

In short it's a big mess.

Blue Lou

I picked this up yesterday for £13. One 12GB download later, I have no complaints. It looks gorgeous and it's fun too. I'm not very good at it though. I'm in the top 34,000 on the leaderboard.

NinjaBoiX

I just picked this up last week on sale and I'm actually having a blast this time! I heard they patched the handling model and thought I'd give it another go, yeah, it's so much more fun now. It feels more arcade centric than the awkward simcade middle ground it was at before, it's just more involving and exciting.

I've been a pretty heavy vocal detractor in the past but this is the good shit. Love it!

-Amon-

I just picked this up last week on sale and I'm actually having a blast this time! I heard they patched the handling model and thought I'd give it another go, yeah, it's so much more fun now. It feels more arcade centric than the awkward simcade middle ground it was at before, it's just more involving and exciting.

I've been a pretty heavy vocal detractor in the past but this is the good shit. Love it!

Placebo effect. They did not change the handling that much.

But everything is fine, you saw the light at last.

krioto

Are you playing with brake assist?, as the handling has not changed

Vaga

They didn't change anything handling wise just added brake assist.

You and the rest of the whiney bunch just had no clue back in the day, most of you still don't. Oh the irony :)

Makikou

Uhh.. Uhh.....

It hasn't changed at all? It's still the same Driveclub i launched in October 2014 in terms of handling model.

I guess that placebo effect is workin for ya :p

Top Bottom