• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ever happened to that poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wrath2X said:
Seriously!? What happened?

My favorite of the last batch of juniors was Plywood, that cool motherfucker.

And I fucking miss crushed, the guy was a gaf staple. Same thing goes for fistful, I miss that pedo motherfucker :_(
Check his post history, it doesnt make any sense:
Mario Ate My Burger

The guy was super nice and then BAM! Gross post on a gaming thread.
The PSN ID on his profile exists but he never accepted me as PSN Friend.

EDIT: Yeah, Plywood is cool too.

Belfast

GoodCow's GAF archive is always a trip. Ssooooo many posters I forgot about. Heck just the other notable women. Catzgirl, Lady Kaede, frickin Tazznum! Didn't she end up having a meltdown?

wRATH2x

Banned
Fersis said:
Check his post history, it doesnt make any sense:
Mario Ate My Burger

The guy was super nice and then BAM! Gross post on a gaming thread.
The PSN ID on his profile exists but he never accepted me as PSN Friend.

EDIT: Yeah, Plywood is cool too.
What the fuck is wrong with that post? Your right doesn't seem like him, was he perma'd

Oh and I remember gaffers would know how long a guy would be banned for by clicking on his username or something, how did you guys do that?

wRATH2x

Banned
What happened to elektrikluv?

She isn't banned but she hasn't posted in a good long while, could she have been finally have been turned off by gaffers lust for her curves?

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Milpool said:
2exx0fb.jpg

*tear*

nickflauntsforgaf8yj.gif

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have this theory that GAF rewards mediocrity.

Posters who make notice of themselves and run a schtick, provide obvious amusement. But they always meet the banhammer. Maybe the mods grow tired of them. Or they grow tired of GAF. It doesn't matter.

It's the guys who don't have anything special to say who last forever. There are a few notable exceptions, tho.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bitmap Frogs said:

Posters who make notice of themselves and run a schtick, provide obvious amusement. But they always meet the banhammer. Maybe the mods grow tired of them. Or they grow tired of GAF. It doesn't matter.

It's the guys who don't have anything special to say who last forever. There are a few notable exceptions, tho.
Im gonna live forever! YAY!

ZombieSupaStar said:
I miss surfer hurley dude, terrapin, dominus defunctorium, opa, and MAF!

i predict maybe 4 posters will know the others, other than MAF

(I used to be SnapdDragN btw).
I remember you and every one you've mentioned. Man, those were the days...

eXistor

I don't always follow GAF as closely as I would like sometimes, but I feel it's those guys that give GAF its flavor. I can see why they would be banned sometimes, but I don't get why mods would permaban them. They can come back under a different name (can they?) but it's never the same.

I suppose when they get permabanned they reach legendary status sometimes. And, while I certainly don't wish this to be true, they might as well be dead as far as GAF is concerned. I mean they're gone forever in a way.

/fake edit:
what Bitmap Frogs said.

Fersis

Kurtofan said:
You have a tag.
You're special.
Not at all, im an idiot who posted on the wrong thread.

Bitmap Frogs said:

Well 'playing it safe' is the only way to ensure your account longevity, I agree. Personally I would argue 'don't be a prick' is an oversimplification to what is subjective judgement calls made by the moderation team. Better to error on the side of over moderation though. This site is what it is because it manages to weed out the idiots better than any other videogame community website. Everytime I read the comments below GT videos or browse GameFAQS for guides it makes me gratefull for GAF. Sure we loose a few favourites as collateral damage but its worth it, even if I know I'll inevitably be perma-banned myself sooner or later.

El Papa

I remember Ploid as an old school poster, and when Neogaf came his handle was Ploid 2.0. Hadn't seen him post for years, then some time last year I saw Ploid 3.0. Haven't seen him post lately though.

TheRagnCajun said:
Sure we loose a few favourites as collateral damage but its worth it, even if I know I'll inevitably be perma-banned myself sooner or later.
Now why would that be?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
TheRagnCajun said:
Well 'playing it safe' is the only way to ensure your account longevity, I agree. Personally I would argue 'don't be a prick' is an oversimplification to what is subjective judgement calls made by the moderation team. Better to error on the side of over moderation though. This site is what it is because it manages to weed out the idiots better than any other videogame community website. Everytime I read the comments below GT videos or browse GameFAQS for guides it makes me gratefull for GAF. Sure we loose a few favourites as collateral damage but its worth it, even if I know I'll inevitably be perma-banned myself sooner or later.

Striping all flavoring makes for boring dishes, but truth be told it's a matter of taste wether neutered or rotten is preferred.

The Bore is a weird place. I like what they call themselves now, "Massive Action Forum".

El Papa said:
Now why would that be?

Why would I get banned? Well just by judging from old threads it seems inevitable for most members :lol . I'm one of the more outspoken members on religion and religion being the hot topic that it is I could see myself getting perma-banned.

sky

Verano said:
wtf happen to Jarosh. His gif were that of gold!
He pops in on the gaming side sometimes.

alr1ghtstart said:
we need a gaf graveyard with threads linked to the reason for the banning.
This is a great idea :lol...
It should look like an old-school point and click adventure game.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Wrath2X said:
Seriously!? What happened?

My favorite of the last batch of juniors was Plywood, that cool motherfucker.

And I fucking miss crushed, the guy was a gaf staple. Same thing goes for fistful, I miss that pedo motherfucker :_(

Plywood isn't banned, he posts in damn near every thread like Theseks (or whatever his name is)

Originally Posted by ZombieSupaStar:
I miss surfer hurley dude, terrapin, dominus defunctorium, opa, and MAF!

i predict maybe 4 posters will know the others, other than MAF

(I used to be SnapdDragN btw).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember you and all those guys, i've been around a long long time, with various names. I miss the old GAF sometimes.

McLovin

I still remember hitlerstolemypotatoe. That guy always complained about psn updates... even if like 10 good ones came out in a row and a bad one came out he'd be like "PSN doesn't have shiiieeet". I thought it was amusing :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
TheRagnCajun said:

Agreed (except for the last part).

Coming from GameSpot, I find GAF's mods to be extremely lenient. Go to 4chan if you want lawlessness

El Papa

TheRagnCajun said:
Why would I get banned? Well just by judging from old threads it seems inevitable for most members :lol . I'm one of the more outspoken members on religion and religion being the hot topic that it is I could see myself getting perma-banned.
Ah, ok. I don't go into religion threads.

Fersis

neoism said:
wow was he perma'd?
Yeah, i still dont know why though.(Wollan response was kind of silly)

Chinner said:
pretty sure he was, but i wouldn't put money on it
Perma.

:(

Prine

Banned
And Cockles.

He and Gahiggidy were like 2pac and Biggie of gaming during early Xbox and GC period.

Cockles coined so many Gaf Memes, "Sell you GC it all over" and "Creatively bankrupt" and so on.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
FWIW I'm still here :lol

Damn, I thought I posted a shit ton, but clearly not enough.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Cool to see someone remember Tazznum... whatever happened to her? And does anybody remember someone named belgurdo? He was big in the RPG threads for a while, but he just went up and left.

jaypah

RubxQub said:
FWIW I'm still here :lol

Damn, I thought I posted a shit ton, but clearly not enough.

i think it's just because you change your avatar sometimes. i always see you around though.

the GAF today is a lot different than the GAF that i followed for years as a lurker while trying to get approved. it's fun to watch modship get passed around. the first time you see a name go from red to normal it's like a mind fuck.

also, i just checked my join date and it has to be wrong. was the last "great reset" in november 06? i surely remember posting here before that and i don't recall ever getting banned or having an alt.

Fersis

jaypah said:
i think it's just because you change your avatar sometimes. i always see you around though.

the GAF today is a lot different than the GAF that i followed for years as a lurker while trying to get approved. it's fun to watch modship get passed around. the first time you see a name go from red to normal it's like a mind fuck.
Oh i never saw that, must be like an eclipse.

Dont worry i will become a mod this or next year. :lol

Woodsy

Banned
Maybe GAF should have an amnesty and let some of the perma-banned members back in. I know that mods and admins operate on their own free will, but I have seen some specious reasons for banning.

Never gonna happen, though.

:lol , you guys really miss some GAF "personalities."

The mods should really hold pardoning sessions for posters that were banned but could be reformed, like three at a time and let GAF vote them back on the island. :lol

Edit - beaten :lol

bengraven

Sometimes they disappear and reappear at the "B" and it's all good.

If they reappear at the "O", I tell myself they weren't worth it in the first place.

Posters I miss who were banned:

Guybrush Threepwood (thought he was cool, unfortunately, he posted some crazy stuff and was probably perma'd. Somehow, I think it was a misunderstanding on his part.)
mario ate my burger
sometimes
Greatness Gone
soultron (though he asked for it, apparently. Nobody knows how long, though...)
Whitehawk (He'll be back, most likely)

I don't know if the following were banned:
Sentry
Ingnis Fateus (?)

Posters I like who just don't post too much:

The guy with the Rubik's Cube
BowieZ (who posts, but not as much as he used to, I guess?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom