• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First PS4 crossplay test for Paragon (Epic's MOBA) coming up this Saturday

update: 2016.02.26. - OT9 this weekend

https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/47l1sf/online_test_9_coming_this_weekend/

Hey everyone,

We know this is later than normal, but here's the update for this weekend's test.

Online Test 9 begins Saturday, Feb. 27th and ends Sunday, Feb. 28th. There are a number of major changes we're trying to include in the next build of the game, however we're still trying to get those changes in for this weekend. Tomorrow (Friday) we will evaluate the status of the build and determine if we can use it for OT9. We are sending out new invites to the Alpha testing later today, so be on the lookout in those emails!

Rather than hold the test for a new build, we want to make sure you can play this weekend and have more time with the game. So, even if the new build isn't ready tomorrow, you'll be able to play the current build all weekend. We really want to give a big thanks to everyone helping us make Paragon better!

Here are the list of times for the Online Test:

* US East Coast: Sat 9am - Sun 10pm EST
* US West Coast: Sat 6am - Sun 7pm PST
* London: Sat 2pm - Mon 3am GMT
* Berlin: Sat 3pm - Mon 4am CET
* Paris: Sat 3pm - Mon 4am CET
* Moscow: Sat 5pm - Mon 6am MSK

sign-up is in the upper right corner: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/ which is basically making an Epic account for their launcher

to link your PSN account: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/linkPsn
but they'll send out emails too probably

There's an NDA. On the 18th the NDA for the people who attended last month's community event will be lifted, but for the people in the OT it will still apply.

If you have problems accessing the forums try logging out and logging back in or clear chache or change browser.

Paertan

I hope they test putting only PS4 players on one team against only PC players. To see if there is enough advantage from Mouse and Keyboard.

Btw anyone know if PS4 and PC players can start a party? I know you can't in Rocket League.

migh_and_highty

Neo Member
Microsoft boasted about windows 10 bringing better tools for cross-play between pc and x1 but hell, seems ps4 is getting the edge up with rocket league and paragon and sfv

And I won't be able to play it. They've had a ton of PC only tests over the past few weeks, so hopefully this is just the first of many PS4 tests as I really want to check it out.

Microsoft boasted about windows 10 bringing better tools for cross-play between pc and x1 but hell, seems ps4 is getting the edge up with rocket league and paragon and sfv
Last I checked, MS bitches a lot when it comes to crossplay. They're the WCW to PC's ECW and Sony's WWE (?). Is Nintendo TNA? I don't know... BAH GAWD this analogy is a slobberknocker!

LordofPwn

signed up and linked an account a month ago, still haven't received an email but one of my friends did. interested to give this a try.

RdN

They only allow cross play inside their confined Xbox Live eco system.

There will never be cross play between a Steam game and an Xbox game, like it happens with the PS4.

OT8 this Saturday: https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/46bcm2/online_test_8_coming_this_saturday_additional/

Online Test 8 will be happening this Saturday, Feb. 20 for PC and PlayStation 4! If you haven’t already, please make sure to link your PSN account with your Epic ID here.

We know many of you have asked for a longer playtest and we’re planning to make Online Test 9 significantly longer! Thanks so much for helping us improve the Paragon experience with each Online Test.

Additionally, we also wanted to let you guys know that there will be Paragon gameplay videos released tomorrow from media and community members who attended our recent events.

We know many Alpha players are excited to create content for Paragon. We’re excited about this too! We’re not quite ready for that and will keep you updated on when the NDA lifts. In the meantime here are some things we’d like you to know:

• We will release raw Paragon gameplay next week that anyone can use to create content, even if you aren’t currently playing in the Alpha.
  • The content posted tomorrow by people who attended our events is limited to their experience playing Paragon during those events.
  • When we do lift the NDA, it will be lifted for all players at the same time. Everyone playing Paragon will be able to create content immediately once that happens.
Be on the lookout for more information soon.

Official Play Times for Online Test 8:

February 20th
* US East Coast: Sat 11am - Sat 7pm EST
* US West Coast: Sat 8am - Sat 4pm PST
* London: Sat 4pm - Sun 12am GMT
* Berlin: Sat 17:00 - Sun 01:00 CET
* Paris: Sat 17:00 - Sun 01:00 CET
* Moscow: Sat 7pm - Sun 3am MSK

Pif

Banned
I hope they test putting only PS4 players on one team against only PC players. To see if there is enough advantage from Mouse and Keyboard.

Btw anyone know if PS4 and PC players can start a party? I know you can't in Rocket League.

Of course Keyboard and mouse has an advantage on a shooting game.

studyguy

Crossplay is always great, just hoping it doesn't go the way of every other cross play FPS console/PC match up and people get salty despite the fact that they can finally play together.

wapplew

So I got the PS4 code today, I redeemed it, but it show I purchase Image Viewer or something Unreal 3D viewer.
Anyone got the same message?

Ok, apparently it was code name for Paragon, downloading now.

hesido

For crossplay to not impede patches and updates to the PC version, does Sony have a streamlined patch certification method for such cross play games? So far I think there are two games including this that support cross play.

Top Bottom