• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snesfreak

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Wow, Community fans are awful, no wonder they like Community.
egon-yourmother2.gif

Son of Godzilla said:
One vote for deleting this thread and pretending the series premieres next september. Possibly with an all-male cast.

co-sign

except change Chevy Chase's character to a woman, then kick him off the show for breaking the new rule. Put Annie in Chevy's old role and hire Jon Voight to play Annie.

Linkzg said:
co-sign

except change Chevy Chase's character to a woman, then kick him off the show for breaking the new rule. Put Annie in Chevy's old role and hire Jon Voight to play Annie.

"We try not to sexualize him."

big ander

Shaneus said:
Wait, so they're not screencaps of Dan Harmon's Twitter? Then why did he block everyone?

Edit: I think because of that most recent tumblr entry?
They're screencaps of Medalion sending messages to Dan Harmon, Gillian Jacobs, and more.

cabottemp

Banned
I've always wanted to watch this show and it's always saddened me that like, the last 4 episodes are on hulu and on demand.

Today I finally got tired of waiting for the dvd so I watched 'em anyway, and man am I pissed I wasn't watching since day 1. It's fantastic, and absolutely hilarious.

My favorite quote hands down was "They're making us walk around with pretzels in our butts. I put mustard on mine like an idiot."

big ander

cabot said:
I've always wanted to watch this show and it's always saddened me that like, the last 4 episodes are on hulu and on demand.

Today I finally got tired of waiting for the dvd so I watched 'em anyway, and man am I pissed I wasn't watching since day 1. It's fantastic, and absolutely hilarious.

My favorite quote hands down was "They're making us walk around with pretzels in our butts. I put mustard on mine like an idiot."
Fucking LOVED that line. Troy has some of the best lines in the show.

cabottemp

Banned
big ander said:
Fucking LOVED that line. Troy has some of the best lines in the show.

All the characters seem pretty cool. I predict that when I do get to see the full season, my favorite things about it will be Ahbed (sp?) and Troy's banter, and Alison Brie. Over the past few hours I've realized that so many of the hot avatars I've seen around Gaf are her.

big ander

cabot said:
All the characters seem pretty cool. I predict that when I do get to see the full season, my favorite things about it will be Ahbed (sp?) and Troy's banter, and Alison Brie. Over the past few hours I've realized that so many of the hot avatars I've seen around Gaf are her.
Yup, Alison is hot. Abed and Troy make for the great end-tags for sure.

snesfreak

Banned
Alison's Twitter said:
Shot two segments for CityTV this morning and THEN someone told me everyone could see my panties thru my dress. You're welcome Toronto.
I'm real tempted to tweet something to Ken about seeing his "mom's" panties :lol :lol

big ander

mj1108 said:
I haven't seen his interview on Leno yet, but I can guarantee it wasn't as good as his Craig Ferguson interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOdLnxlRXHI

Bless you, my child.
:lol great interview
snesfreak said:
Some Canadian TV station, hopefully someone will Youtube it.
Lets hope.
Letters said:
Damn, Brie is so beautiful.

Why was Costanza banned btw?
Some jackass tipped off a mod about posts he made in the Lost thread over a week ago. He was rightfully giving shit to people who didn't understand the ending but still came in the thread to bitch endlessly.

snesfreak

Banned
I wish they would just show another episode of Community instead of that horrible new show.
Oh hey The Goonies is on, I'll watch that instead.

Only just watched the episode (Ive been saving it, but Hulu is going to remove it this weekend).

I LOVED the references, Lost, team britta etc, and loved seeing all the characters again, especially "I got a real big penis and I drink lots of tea"

As for the ending....

Why does jeff get to hook up with every hot character?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
big ander said:
:lol great interview

Lets hope.

Some jackass tipped off a mod about posts he made in the Lost thread over a week ago. He was rightfully giving shit to people who didn't understand the ending but still came in the thread to bitch endlessly.
So he was banned for being in the right? Thats tragically hilarious.

KevinCow

Banned
jamesinclair said:
As for the ending....

Why does jeff get to hook up with every hot character?

Because he's the lead. He probably has it in his contract that he gets to make out with every hot female that ever comes onto the show.

beat

Not only is he the lead character, but he's kind of the stand-in for the exec producer. After all, the genesis of this show was that Harmon took some community college courses with his then-girlfriend more or less for fun and found he'd wound up in an ad-hoc community with his own study group...

(I kinda doubt Harmon was quite as successful with the ladies as Jeff, though...)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
mj1108 said:
Dan Harmon just tweeted:

Guys, don't kill the messenger, but sounds like S1 SVD will NOT be on blu ray. Release date not specific but Septemberish.

http://twitter.com/danharmon/status/15460448806

I don't know who we have to kill, but...... I want Community on Blu Ray. :(

I started to suspect this a couple weeks ago. After the season finale I went on Amazon to pre-order the Season 1 Blu-ray, and realized it hadn't even been announced yet. But the dvd had box art and was available for pre order These days that's a good indication they don't plan on making a blu ray version for awhile.

Also, this no blu ray for comedy series seems to be a trend for NBC. There isn't a blu ray released listed for Season 4 of 30 Rock either. Same thing for Parks and Recreation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom