• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

equap

Banned
RevoDS said:
abed-122avt2.gif

Alright, I'll put you out of your misery...there's no way in hell that they can throw 720p episodes on DVDs :lol
oh.

i think Vox-Pop got it...

Schrade

RevoDS said:
abed-122avt2.gif

Alright, I'll put you out of your misery...there's no way in hell that they can throw 720p episodes on DVDs :lol
That's not really true :) You can get like 4 episodes to a DVD using AVCHD format.

Plays in a Blu-ray player just fine, too. (They, of course, would never sell them this way though)

RevoDS

Schrade said:
That's not really true :) You can get like 4 episodes to a DVD using AVCHD format.

Plays in a Blu-ray player just fine, too.
Perhaps, but Community had a 25-episode season. That means it would require at least 7 DVDs, even assuming there's no hyperbole in your post and they used that format (which they likely wouldn't). Sure, it's technically possible, but it ain't happening.

noisome07 said:
shame you weren't banned instead amirite
Eh, I did one thing banworthy a few months ago and paid my penance. Yes, it is kind of a dick thing to say I wish he was gone longer, but I probably speak for a lot of people with that sentiment.

I like a lot of the same things as Costanza, but some of the stuff he talks about doing and the way he communicates his opinion just bother me to no end.

noisome07

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Eh, I did one thing banworthy a few months ago and paid my penance. Yes, it is kind of a dick thing to say I wish he was gone longer, but I probably speak for a lot of people with that sentiment.

I like a lot of the same things as Costanza, but some of the stuff he talks about doing and the way he communicates his opinion just bother me to no end.

30%

Firestorm

Lone_Prodigy said:
Likely old, but I was watching "The Informant!" yesterday and Joel McHale was in it. Recognized his voice first.
I think I would have enjoyed Ubisoft's press conference last year more if I'd known Joel McHale from somewhere beforehand.

snesfreak

Banned
alisonbrie
@MrDonaldGlover I used to ALWAYS sing that at karaoke nights. That was my jam.
responding to this
MrDonaldGlover
I Touch Myself - Divinyls (I heard this last night for the first time in a while. The pre-chorus bassline is fucking dope.)

I remember that song, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that :lol

fisheyes

Being Australian and therefore being a fair way behind on this series (quick check of wikipedia suggest we are on episode 14, so only just over halfway through the season), I haven't posted here before in fear of running into spoilers or whatever, but I would just really like to take the opportunity to say this series is easily one of the best new series of the last few years. I thoroughly enjoy every episode, and its amazing how in a groove they've already gotten (being able to do all those self referential jokes that would usually only coming in years later within the first season shows to me how good this is).

I would also like to take this opportunity to make a community post that isn't about how hot Annie is.
...Even if she is

Entropia

No One Remembers
Costanza said:
According to Harmon, EVERY episode on the DVD set will have commentary...awesome. :D

Although it's a bit late to mention, OT was closed and all, but they were taking fan questions over twitter to answer during the commentary recordings.

Shaneus

I don't remember reading it here, but the NBC store finally has Troy & Abed in the Morning mugs! But for some reason (argh) I can't get the 4th July discount code working. Can anyone else? If you're not purchasing if you could at least give the coupon a go, that would be very awesome :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shaneus said:
00265504-797636_275.jpg

Come on. You know you want to. Use 25JULY4TH in the next few hours (I think) to get 25% off.

I DO want.. but theres no money in my pay pal.. and sigh :( It takes a few days to move the money there... perhaps this weekend..

worldrunover said:
Why was Costanza banned?
He and a few others spammed a bunch of threads on the gaming side during E3. Mods wanted all big announcements for Rock Band 3 to be made into new threads so more people would see it without having to muddle through the MegaThread. One guy took it too far and made a thread for every little detail, such as "hey, did you know you can use plastic instruments with the game" etc. Costanza, GreatDave, and a few others posted in all the new threads and spammed them and incurred the wrath of mods.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
For those interested, NBC is having a Community marathon on Thursday night. 6 episodes back to back, starting at 8pm Eastern Time. The episodes being shown are:

Contemporary American Poultry
Romantic Expressionism
Modern Warfare
Physical Education
Comparative Religion
Debate 109

BJK

Grizzlyjin said:
For those interested, NBC is having a Community marathon on Thursday night. 6 episodes back to back, starting at 8pm Eastern Time. The episodes being shown are:

Romantic Expressionism
Modern Warfare
Physical Education
Comparative Religion
Debate 109

Per the commercials airing during "Last Comic Standing" last night, the marathon will also have some sort of commentary/in-studio audience thing tying the night together, co-hosted by McHale and Jeong.

Grizzlyjin said:

Romantic Expressionism
Modern Warfare
Physical Education
Comparative Religion
Debate 109
Most of the best episodes too. Very nice. Although, what was the Halloween episode called?

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
He and a few others spammed a bunch of threads on the gaming side during E3. Mods wanted all big announcements for Rock Band 3 to be made into new threads so more people would see it without having to muddle through the MegaThread. One guy took it too far and made a thread for every little detail, such as "hey, did you know you can use plastic instruments with the game" etc. Costanza, GreatDave, and a few others posted in all the new threads and spammed them and incurred the wrath of mods.
haha no. One person spammed, and then Cos and GreatDave and others posted in the threads with no intention of spamming. In fact, some of them made comments like "isn't this kinda spam" or "okay, but did this need it's own thread?"

big ander said:
haha no. One person spammed, and then Cos and GreatDave and others posted in the threads with no intention of spamming. In fact, some of them made comments like "isn't this kinda spam" or "okay, but did this need it's own thread?"
I know there was something posted that showed they thought of doing it in all threads. Either way, it was just them being in the wrong place at the wrong time, with an angry God on the loose.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21972088&postcount=240

Whether what they were doing was wrong or not, it was just not the right time to test the waters. Everyone knows E3 is the time to be cautious on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom