• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

PhoncipleBone said:
Because they want the legal versions that directly support the show.
Hence why they should release it on Blu-Ray. I won't be buying the DVDs because the quality is far inferior to the 720ps but I do want to support the show. I'm happy to wait for a Blu-Ray release but I'm not buying the DVDs just because they're the only option.

mehdi_san said:
Chuck is also available on bluray :p
Chuck straddles that line of comedy/action. It is also an hour long show, which not many traditional comedies fall into. But really, the Office is the only regular comedy show I can think of that is on Blu Ray right now. I do have a gut feeling I am forgetting something though.

I could also get a joke in about the video quality on Chuck blu ray and say it isn't much of an upgrade. :) Which is a shame. Love that show.

TimeKillr

PhoncipleBone said:
Chuck straddles that line of comedy/action. It is also an hour long show, which not many traditional comedies fall into. But really, the Office is the only regular comedy show I can think of that is on Blu Ray right now. I do have a gut feeling I am forgetting something though.

I could also get a joke in about the video quality on Chuck blu ray and say it isn't much of an upgrade. :) Which is a shame. Love that show.

And even then, The Office isn't all available in Blu-Ray, only the later seasons, when they were all filmed in HD.

Fucking lazy if you ask me.

mehdi_san

PhoncipleBone said:

Well then, Community should lead the way and be the first comedy to go all bluray!!!!

Tom_Cody

I am of course going to buy the DVD set on day 1, but I'm a bit disappointed that the set isn't going to include all the web content. The kick puncher comic is a nice plus though, and I love the box art.

I am ashamed to say that I will probably double dip if this ever comes to blu-ray.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fwiw i hated the office blu ray. couldn't bring it to friends, quality was hardly much better, the menus were janky and loud as fuck. PASS

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
AstroLad said:
fwiw i hated the office blu ray. couldn't bring it to friends, quality was hardly much better, the menus were janky and loud as fuck. PASS

That is worth 5 or 6 dollars at most Astro!

Gaaraz

Super LTTP, just watched the first episode of this, hated almost the entire thing but right at the end it finished leaving a huge smile on my face, definitely something about it - it's not very funny at all, but has bags of charm.

Also, the brunette is pretty amazing

aparisi2274

blizeH said:
Super LTTP, just watched the first episode of this, hated almost the entire thing but right at the end it finished leaving a huge smile on my face, definitely something about it - it's not very funny at all, but has bags of charm.

You might want to watch a few more episodes before claiming that the show "is not very funny at all." It gets a shit ton better by the season finale... trust me!

blizeH said:

The first episode is one of the weakest actually. Just get a few more in, it gets much better.

Gaaraz

Hah, you guys are right, just lots of really subtle things that shouldn't be funny but are. Really liking it now \o/ Cheers

Wiseblade

blizeH said:

Looks like Team Annie has a new recuit!

Gaaraz

What's not to like?! :)

Really enjoying this I have to say. Wish I wasn't enjoying it as I have so much other stuff to watch right now, but it's actually gone from being just very charming to being very charming and very funny, just like you guys said!

snesfreak

Banned
blizeH said:
What's not to like?! :)

Really enjoying this I have to say. Wish I wasn't enjoying it as I have so much other stuff to watch right now, but it's actually gone from being just very charming to being very charming and very funny, just like you guys said!
Just find an Annie avatar and your training will be complete.

snesfreak

Banned
annie-jealousavt.gif

I was using this one for a little while, but I like my Pete avatar for now.
I'll probably switch back to my Senor Chang one when season 2 starts. If you want to use it go ahead, I can't keep track of who's using what anymore with all the avatars I've made :lol.

snesfreak said:
annie-jealousavt.gif

I was using this one for a little while, but I like my Pete avatar for now.
I'll probably switch back to my Senor Chang one when season 2 starts. If you want to use it go ahead, I can't keep track of who's using what anymore with all the avatars I've made :lol.
And it was nearly impossible to tell who was who with all the damn Annie avatars that were out there. The only one that really stood out was Costanzas.

But keep Pete. Only way to improve on it would be a Keith Moon or John Entwistle avatar. Of course, and animated Entwistle avatar would almost not be moving. That man was like a rock on stage. Just standing there, silent and badass.
any way you could make a cool Keith avatar? Him just going bonkers?

snesfreak

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
And it was nearly impossible to tell who was who with all the damn Annie avatars that were out there. The only one that really stood out was Costanzas.

But keep Pete. Only way to improve on it would be a Keith Moon or John Entwistle avatar. Of course, and animated Entwistle avatar would almost not be moving. That man was like a rock on stage. Just standing there, silent and badass.
any way you could make a cool Keith avatar? Him just going bonkers?
keith-aquickone-gaf.gif
keith-aquickone2-gaf.gif
john-mygensolo-gaf.gif

Here's a couple.
That 150k limit is a real pain sometimes
Someone should just make a thread.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Some likely hints at episodes this season from the aforementioned panel:

Guest appearance by Betty White and Apollo 13 Homage

White was already confirmed to star as the Anthro teacher a page back...

I wonder if it'll be just for an episode, or a recurring role, though...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
the_log_ride said:

Ah, sorry.
I've not been keeping track of this thread weekly since the season ended.

the_log_ride said:

They said it is just the episode for now, but they are leaving it open to be recurring. I guess just like most of the other teachers.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
And the Halloween episode — while last season was definitely a great episode, it wasn't like paintball. This year, Halloween will be sort of tweaked. It will be heightened. I think it's enough to say, I want Halloween to be the equivalent of paintball for the first six episodes.
Back to big episodes. What else is planned?
Christmas is going to be really cool. I kind of want to do a stop-motion episode.

Like Rankin-Bass?
I don't know. I think we've closed the book on observing the Rankin-Bass style. But I'd like to try for something like Coraline, in terms of sophistication. I'd want to make a new classic. Obviously, Rankin-Bass would be an inspiration for story line: Somebody would be saving Christmas from something. You'd have a little adventure and meet lots of characters. But I don't think our key demographic would care. I'd rather give them their own new Rankin-Bass.
:O !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom