• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's constant retelling of The Snake with no pushback from conservatives or centrists makes me think we could see attempted genocide in the next 30 years.

This is language that everyone would bomb Hamas for.

Lol, I thought it was also hilarious they were more motivated to phonebank for Clinton than Trump. Like... okay.

There are a few people I know who are third party 'Don't blame me when Clinton loses' types, who regularly post highly critical shit about Clinton. Like, I will fucking blame you if she loses, for all those things you posted helping to discourage people to vote for Clinton.

So much of this is still childish spite over Clinton beating Sanders. Something which they had their heads so far buried in the sand over, that they didn't see the very clear writing on the wall, had no chance to come to terms with it, and just latched straight onto the 'she stole it from Bernie' belief.

Which is far worse in their eyes than anything Trump has done or said. See, Trump only ever said nice things about Bernie, and Bernie would have easily beaten him and they wanted Bernie, so if Trump wins it isn't their fault.

No matter how much they try to sabotage Clinton.

Bernie or bust is still a great description of them. They didn't get Bernie, so FUCK EVERYTHING.

Bowdz

IF this is a horse race what would they call Obama and Romney today?

Obama-vs-Romney-Graph-Oct-19-2011-RealClearPolitics.gif

Let's just say that Wolf Blitzer was masturbating furiously every single day.

Joeytj

Banned
Mostly Katy Tur, although Lester had the good sense to say it was a bad day for Trump. Katy Tur is a god damn treasure.

I can tell Trump has been having bad days just by looking at Twitter and the trends. Nothing but negative topics for Trump since the weekend, with the exception of the NYC bombing that briefly made Trumpeters all wet.

Boke1879

I can tell Trump has been having bad days just by looking at Twitter and the trends. Nothing but negative topics for Trump since the weekend, with the exception of the NYC bombing that briefly made Trumpeters all wet.

That's another thing that pisses me off. After that NYC thing his supporters damn near cheered it on because they feel something like that is an easy ticket to put him in the White House. Shit is shameful.

My god, this NBC News segment on the Syrian Refugees and how the local community is taking them in is making me tear up. :(
And it happened in my city too. :)

who is TargetsMart
WASHINGTON, D.C., September 19, 2016 – TargetSmart pollsters Ben Lazarus and Joe Goode will work this fall with William & Mary Government Professors Ron Rapoport, Jaime Settle and Dan Maliniak to field a series of polls in select 2016 battleground states. A pilot project in Ohio is already underway, with the first poll to be fielded ahead of the first presidential debate.

“In addition to having the most accurate and up to date voter file data in the United States, our polling professionals at TargetSmart conduct hundreds of surveys each year. We’re incredibly excited to partner with the College of William & Mary to bring academic rigor and perspective to our research. We will be releasing this survey data to the public, backed up by voter file data in an unprecedented way,” said TargetSmart CEO and campaign veteran Tom Bonier.
http://targetsmart.com/news-item/targetsmartpartnershipwm/

thefro

NBC Nightly News just went in on the Trump donations thing. Completely negative. Called it unethical. Then, they switched to the Skittles thing, literally saying Trump was comparing Omran (with his picture) to a bowl of Skittles. And then they reported that the BBC talked to the guy who had taken that picture, he himself is a refugee.

The coup de grace was the final segment tonight was them following a Syrian refugee family in the US, talking bout the extensive background check they went through, how the daughter needed an operation, showing a church throwing a picnic for them, them all with their hands over their hearts for the national anthem, etc.

It was good shit.

Nafai1123

Banned
That's another thing that pisses me off. After that NYC thing his supporters damn near cheered it on because they feel something like that is an easy ticket to put him in the White House. Shit is shameful.

When their candidate is saying shit like "I called it" and "this will happen again, believe me" it's not hard to understand why they feel this way. I have no doubt Trump is hoping for other attacks before the election. Shameful is an understatement.

Cyanity

Banned
I've been in the dark over Trump's latest BS over the past few days. Is there a decent summary anywhere? People are saying he fucked up again (as usual)?

ABC News also decided to take the smart decision and show a personal story of a 6 year old Syrian refugee.
I'm in tears right now. How can you people demonize these people. :(

I know we've said this before, but 538 is maddening. Hillary cannot have a good day in their model because it's not setup for that. Literally, they'll weigh an A+ poll that released the numbers today lower than a two week old C+ pollster, which will cause Hillary lose ground in the state because TRENDLINES.

UGH. Nate is terrible.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'd love to see what's been going on inside the Trump campaign ever since the birther statement. Must be a shitshow.

The birther statement was one of the biggest miscalculations of the campaign.

Hillary's fainting should have been their strongest line of attack! But they floundered it!

Time and time again, Trump and his cronies bungle every good thing that goes to them.

Revolver

So Boris wants government monitoring of all Google searches and the FBI to go after anyone that looks at information on bomb making. Nice police state there comrade

It's kind of scary how close to fascism the country can get. Just imagine Trump, but able to leverage Hillary's issues better, and not make unforced errors and bad statements. And there are people who hate Hillary enough that they'd sit there and let it happen and pretend it isn't their fault and they had no hand it helping it happen.

We're kind of lucky our stumble with fascism (something most democracies have issues with eventually) is a moron with no ability to run an effective campaign.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Screw NBC so hard....

Opening paragraph of a story on their front page with a headline that reads...

"Why Republicans' Refugee Math Doesn't Check Out "

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/fact-check-2016-tall-tales-trail-n645586

It's easy to feel like 2016 is a fact-free election: Republican nominee Donald Trump insists on a near-daily basis that he opposed the Iraq war before it started (he didn't) and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton routinely assures audiences she didn't send or receive classified information on her private email server (she did.)

Boke1879

It's kind of scary how close to fascism the country can get. Just imagine Trump, but able to leverage Hillary's issues better, and not make unforced errors and bad statements. And there are people who hate Hillary enough that they'd sit there and let it happen and pretend it isn't their fault and they had no hand it helping it happen.

We're kind of lucky our stumble with fascism (something most democracies have issues with eventually) is a moron with no ability to run an effective campaign.

Yup. All it really takes is someone who can hold their composure and leverage the public's feelings.

That said. I believe with a Clinton win. The media and everyone even the GOP will take a look at themselves. I do believe the GOP will put forth rules to never elect someone like Trump again. Not for his beliefs but because they couldn't control him. And hopefully the media can look at and report on how close we came to that reality with everything he's done over the course of this campaign.

Joeytj

Banned
Here we go (don't know if already posted):

Barack Obama is about to launch a presidential campaign blitz for Hillary Clinton unprecedented in the modern era, pledging a dramatic commitment of time and resources to a contest he now unabashedly frames as a referendum on his personal and political prestige.

Obama plans to devote at least one to two days each week in October to campaign for Clinton through rallies, targeted radio and television interviews, social media outreach and fundraising, said an adviser who requested anonymity.

In addition, the president’s aides have told the Clinton campaign he would be willing to appear in television ads for her. His wife, Michelle, has already cut radio, online and TV ads for the Democratic nominee, another aide said, also requesting anonymity to discuss internal planning.

Dis gon be good.

Uh yeah those statements are more of the same.

His base holds him to a different standard.

Not sure why people think this is going to affect his support.

Nobody cares about his floor of deplorables, it's about his ceiling of undecided.

This. The best strategy for this election is to keep Trump suppressed to like 42-43% of the vote, and then you push a little on fence-sitters to get yourself up to 50%. Don't tie yourself into knots beyond that. Trump's base is baked in as they can be (which is why I harp so much on naive posters who think Obama would have Trump in the 30s. Lol nah).

IF this is a horse race what would they call Obama and Romney today?

Obama-vs-Romney-Graph-Oct-19-2011-RealClearPolitics.gif

I thank the heavens that I wasn't here for that. Christ it would've been insufferable.

I know we've said this before, but 538 is maddening. Hillary cannot have a good day in their model because it's not setup for that. Literally, they'll weigh an A+ poll that released the numbers today lower than a two week old C+ pollster, which will cause Hillary lose ground in the state because TRENDLINES.

UGH. Nate is terrible.

I teach stats at a university, and I can say that there's enough guesswork involved that questioning polls isn't some brutal sin. That's like accepting a publication in a journal without reading it first; you're not really participating in the peer review as much as you're practicing a religion. The scientific method isn't built on faith in scientists, but on people looking over your shoulder constantly and having a lot to gain from your failure!

It's good to scrutinize polls based on logical reasons for doing so. If the polls are actually good, then it shouldn't matter. A good model should hold up (which is why I throw the most shade at any trash poll that's too volatile. Straight garbage).

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kellyanne Conway looks like she's aged 10 years since she became Trump's campaign manager.

Or maybe she's got some sickness? I'm just asking questions.

Boke1879

Kellyanne Conway looks like she's aged 10 years since she became Trump's campaign manager.

Or maybe she's got some sickness? I'm just asking questions.

Real talk. She's probably fucking tired. Having to constantly go on air and defend Trumps bs stances. I mean she's a good bullshitter but she HAS to be up and on point with everything he says.

I mean wasn't it illegal to buy the portrait in the first place? Or there is some rule in place that as long as you do not own any of the property bought with charitable donations it's fine?

NeoXChaos

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...lf-into-2016-race-hellbent-on-clinton-victory

Six States

In a memo outlining requests to Obama political aide David Simas late this summer, the Clinton campaign asked the president to concentrate on six states -- Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Iowa and New Hampshire -- said a White House aide who has seen the memo. The White House is planning an itinerary along those lines but is attempting to preserve as much flexibility as possible within the logistical constraints of presidential travel to accommodate adjustments as the campaign unfolds, the aide said.
Michelle Obama, who campaigned for Clinton last week in Virginia, also plans an “active” schedule on behalf of the Democratic nominee for the remainder of the season, said Caroline Adler Morales, the first lady’s communications director.
The unusual level of Obama’s engagement in the campaign reflects a unique confluence of circumstances in the post-World War II era. His relatively strong public approval rating -- 52 percent in Gallup polling Sept. 12-17 and reaching the high 50s in some other recent surveys -- is better than all but three predecessors at this stage of their presidencies: Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Real talk. She's probably fucking tired. Having to constantly go on air and defend Trumps bs stances. I mean she's a good bullshitter but she HAS to be up and on point with everything he says.
I like how after being shown repeated clips of Trump saying we should profile, she insisted that it's not profiling based on ethnicity or religion, but if a family member calls them a terrorist or if neighbors say they saw bomb-making materials.

Kellyanne, dear, that's not profiling; that's investigating.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I mean wasn't it illegal to buy the portrait in the first place? Or there is some rule in place that as long as you do not own any of the property bought with charitable donations it's fine?

I'm guessing it's legal because it was bought at a fundraising auction?

EDIT: Although I guess you can buy anything from anywhere if it's going to be used in something like a fundraising auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom