• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
birdman said:
Yeah, that's a good question too. There's a lot of variables to deal with.

Which is why it's not going to be ready for launch. Or is it just the Real-tar that isn't going to be ready at launch, but the half-tar is good to go?

Yngwie, say "Hi.":lol

Cahill said:

The Yngwie/Birdman feud has to be the greatest thing this thread has ever seen. You are a mad genius, Cahill. :D

Thanks for the clarification, ahvostik.

Just looking at all the cheap software/hardware/bundles on amazon made me realize that this would be the perfect time to get into RB for the hold-outs.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Bebedora said:
Just finished making the plans, and I will be meeting up with some girl Rock Band 2 players (the one girl has her Quad Plat too!) in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, for a week in August. :)

Should be a lot of fun! I've played with them a lot online, it will be great to play in person.
Reminds me of the times I've played RB1 with my buddies back at UPRM (Mayaguez). Good times.

Cahill

Banned
Space Cadet said:
The Yngwie/Birdman feud has to be the greatest thing this thread has ever seen. You are a mad genius, Cahill. :D

I did the "foking fury" one (thanks Nisa and bird, I had totally forgot about that whole thing) just as I was leaving work last night. I go out, get in my car and literally as I start it, Layla came on the radio. I fucking lost it... :lol :lol :lol

Cahill said:
I did the "foking fury" one (thanks Nisa and bird, I had totally forgot about that whole thing) just as I was leaving work last night. I go out, get in my car and literally as I start it, Layla came on the radio. I fucking lost it... :lol :lol :lol

That just confirms the awesomeness of it all. :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Guys, don't post RB3 news in here to the exclusion of more appropriate threads, or action will be taken. No one outside of the hardcore platform thread followers will have any idea what's going on.

Baker

Banned
EviLore said:
Guys, don't post RB3 news in here to the exclusion of more appropriate threads, or action will be taken. No one outside of the hardcore platform thread followers will have any idea what's going on.
Don't post Rock Band news in the Rock Band thread?

Ok...

Baker

Banned
Cahill said:
I think he means big news should also be given it's own thread or he's gonna hurt ours :(
Yeah I know, and I get that. I'm sure a lot of people missed the announcement and are excited now.

It was just the "or action will be taken" line that irked me. It's not my responsibility to inform the world about Rock Band news.

XShagrath said:
Should I start prepping the Miley Cyrus thread now?

I'm joking.
I'll make a thread for that after lunch.

Cahill

Banned
Baker said:
Yeah I know, and I get that. I'm sure a lot of people missed the announcement and are excited now.

It was just the "or action will be taken" line that irked me. It's not my responsibility to inform the world about Rock Band news.

I'll make a thread for that after lunch.

:lol

Baker
Yeah, they clank when I walk
(Today, 09:43 AM)
Reply | Quote

Baker

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
So are they going to be selling new RB pro drums? If so how much and where's the pre-order?
I don't think any of the instruments are up for pre-order. I believe they are going to sell a pro-drum kit, or you can just buy the three cymbal add-on for $40.

Oni Jazar

Baker said:
I don't think any of the instruments are up for pre-order. I believe they are going to sell a pro-drum kit, or you can just buy the three cymbal add-on for $40.

Those won't work with RB1 drums right? :(

XShagrath

Oni Jazar said:
So are they going to be selling new RB pro drums? If so how much and where's the pre-order?
Essentially, the "Pro" part of the drums are just the cymbal pack. They're releasing a new 3-cymbal pack that are better material and are tilted differently, but they just plug into the RB2 kit. I haven't heard anything about them actually making a full new kit.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Baker said:

They tweeted a pictured of... old drums with cymbals a couple days back. There's yer "pro" shit. Probably a new pack and that's it, right?

Baker

Banned
McBradders said:
They tweeted a pictured of... old drums with cymbals a couple days back. There's yer "pro" shit. Probably a new pack and that's it, right?
Yeah. I'm pretty sure they said the drums weren't getting any redesign or whatever. If they do sell a pro kit, it would probably be half the price to find an RB2 set on clearance and pick up the cymbal pack.

McBradders

Baker said:
Yeah. I'm pretty sure they said the drums weren't getting any redesign or whatever. If they do sell a pro kit, it would probably be half the price to find an RB2 set on clearance and pick up the cymbal pack.

Unless you're lucky enough to live in Europe :D

XShagrath

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC hitting the RB Music Store next week! 5 Miley Cyrus singles, perfect for the pop fans out there, the female vocalist, parents looking for more family friendly content for Lego Rock Band and HMXjohnd. Yes, HMXjohnd dances to Miley Cyrus and at one point he explained that "her hooks are insane". Between Ozzy last week and Miley this week, we've pretty much got both ends of the spectrum covered!

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (June 22):

“7 Things” +
“Can’t Be Tamed”
“Fly On the Wall” +
“See You Again” +
“Start All Over” +

Glad the last song was not "See You Again" remix. "Start All Over" was the other Miley song from Disney Sing It that I knew and I was kinda hoping the last song was that one.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I, for one, am glad HMX is keeping up with the shitty DLC. Save the good stuff for RB3. Weezer Pack 03 next week plz hmx.

McBradders

Baker
Banned
(Today, 03:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

SnakeEaterSalute.jpg

weird how it doesn't appear to be available as a pack on the PS3, unless they just screwed up the announcement.

I'd be filled with rage, except there's no way I'm going anywhere near this DLC.

aristotle

drmcclin said:
weird how it doesn't appear to be available as a pack on the PS3, unless they just screwed up the announcement.

I'd be filled with rage, except there's no way I'm going anywhere near this DLC.

Err....comes out Tuesday?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
DuckRacer said:

All the necessary measures will be taken to reshape the gaming forum back to how it should be, as per the posting guidelines that are currently stickied. The Rock Band thread doesn't have special dispensation from this.

Official threads are the designated areas for discussion of a released or within 7 days from release video game, not a catch-all for significant news and announcements. People should be able to follow the goings-on of the gaming industry without navigating 500 new posts every day in some megathread for EACH IP. It's not realistic and it's been killing the gaming forum bit by bit.

EviLore said:
All the necessary measures will be taken to reshape the gaming forum back to how it should be, as per the posting guidelines that are currently stickied. The Rock Band thread doesn't have special dispensation from this.

Official threads are the designated areas for discussion of a released or within 7 days from release video game, not a catch-all for significant news and announcements. People should be able to follow the goings-on of the gaming industry without navigating 500 new posts every day in some megathread for EACH IP. It's not realistic and it's been killing the gaming forum bit by bit.
I am actually kind of glad to see this. I have loved this thread for years and it is its own unique little world, but if you dont watch it every five seconds you miss so much stuff. If you are gone for a day it is impossible to find what news was released about DLC or whatnot.

I am sad to see that this thread might be on the way out, but it is for the best that it get streamlined and cleaned up some to encourage more talk and clean up the information.

So are we going to make separate threads for DLC each week(much like LOST does)? A separate RBN thread for that info? I have been thinking for the last two weeks how all the info that flies out about Rock Band could be delivered on GAF in a more efficient fashion. Any ideas?

XShagrath

If you just want DLC news and the like, then that's posted all over the web and on twitter in a much easier to find place than a forum. The thing that's great about this thread is the discussion of the DLC and all things RB-related.

I understand that the thread flies pretty fast when we get talking, but we're a very passionate sub-community. There's new RB-related info pretty much every day (DLC announcements, small RB3 tidbits, RBN stuff). Does each and every little thing need its own thread? Would one thread with a constantly updated OP suffice? I'm confused.

Jarate

Banned
I thought the purpose of megathreads were to create a small community of posters that would play the game together much longer then the average player will play it?

I guess it is bad that we withheld information from the general public regarding Rock Band 3, we shall try to make sure we post more stuff about Rock Band 3 in normal posts.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Might as well get my post in here then before this thread is locked.

This thread convinced me to purchase Rock Band and even go to the trouble of importing RB2 instruments from US to Ireland but its one of the "strangest" threads ever on GAF.

Very rarely post on it now as it's very OT most of the time before the RB3 reveal at E3 and has its own "vibe" that's a bit intimidating to non-regular posters.

Thanks for the memories!!

XShagrath said:
If you just want DLC news and the like, then that's posted all over the web and on twitter in a much easier to find place than a forum. The thing that's great about this thread is the discussion of the DLC and all things RB-related.

I understand that the thread flies pretty fast when we get talking, but we're a very passionate sub-community. There's new RB-related info pretty much every day (DLC announcements, small RB3 tidbits, RBN stuff). Does each and every little thing need its own thread? Would one thread with a constantly updated OP suffice? I'm confused.
That is the problem. The RB world has so much info coming out all the time that keeping an organized thread for all the info would be a logistical nightmare. I threw out the DLC thread each week just as an example. That would probably die quickly depending on the DLC announced (see next weeks DLC).

The community in here is fun and that is why I have loved coming into here for years, but it is incredibly intimidating for anyone that hasnt been here for years to figure out what the hell is going on. I am all for keeping this community going, but there does have to be some way to get all news and info streamlined to help people out.

An updated OP is probably the way to go. Just have sections at the end or top of it with the latest news. Like a RB3 news subsection, then a little section with the last two or three weeks of DLC listed for quick reference, and do the same thing for this weeks newest RBN releases. An updated OP on a regular basis would help keep all the information together and easily referenced, but keep the RBGaf community going (worst DLC and all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom