• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

acohrs

I think we'll have more to go on about Infected once we get through a night phase. So that's all for now, I guess.

Let's talk about the Director role.

giphy.gif

Sawneeks

Banned
I see Melon got back to me ( thank you! ) and that both Kark and Burb never really responded at all. Kark ignores the questions Verelios and I threw at him but he seems pretty okay with answering any and all questions on this page. Burb, well, I never technically asked him a question but he has essentially outright ignored what I commented on. Very textbook Scum!Burb. :p

In response to your observation on my interactions with Kark, had 2 posts about him. One where I really question why we would even consider him for director and two where I try and digest the information that he gave us and decide what could possibly be true and what could be false. What I did when scum and provided some kind of read list or info was to have some truth amongst the lies, I assumed Kark would do the same. It's now confirmed that all his info was lies so that throws my earlier observation out the window.

For Kark's info to be useful, it needs to be confirmed 100% what alignment he is. So, either a cop needs to clear and confirm theyre town, which is a bad move as the cop would then have to claim and scum would off him N2, or Kark is lynched and we get his role PM.

Yes but it was the way your structured your comments that bothers me.

You made 2 comments about Kark yet none of them were direct questions towards him regarding his powers, win condition, intention for claiming, etc. and were instead passive comments surrounding the situation. Whereas when CCS claims you bombard him with multiple direct questions such as why he claimed, his powers, what he intends to do with them, and why he felt it was a good idea to claim on Day 1.

There's a huge difference in the way you handled each situation and I find it very suspicious that you dance around the Scum claim but eagerly jumped on the Town claim.

If I had to make a pick of who I think is infected kawl and fat4all are top of my list. Those are the quiet and under the radar moves.

Why Fat4all? If anything I would consider Fat4all the opposite of quiet, he's posted quite a bit throughout the entire Day Phase.

Sawneeks

Banned
*I threw at him but he seems pretty okay with answering any and all questions on this page

Refers to the previous page, not this one. :x

acohrs

It's been pretty clearly established that the director role is dangerous by the majority, hence why I think Saw should have it, I trust her judgment.

What else do you want to add to the conversation that hasn't been added? Do you want more info from a player on the game ahead of the vote?

acohrs

I see Melon got back to me ( thank you! ) and that both Kark and Burb never really responded at all. Kark ignores the questions Verelios and I threw at him but he seems pretty okay with answering any and all questions on this page. Burb, well, I never technically asked him a question but he has essentially outright ignored what I commented on. Very textbook Scum!Burb. :p

Yes but it was the way your structured your comments that bothers me.

You made 2 comments about Kark yet none of them were direct questions towards him regarding his powers, win condition, intention for claiming, etc. and were instead passive comments surrounding the situation. Whereas when CCS claims you bombard him with multiple direct questions such as why he claimed, his powers, what he intends to do with them, and why he felt it was a good idea to claim on Day 1.

There's a huge difference in the way you handled each situation and I find it very suspicious that you dance around the Scum claim but eagerly jumped on the Town claim.

Why Fat4all? If anything I would consider Fat4all the opposite of quiet, he's posted quite a bit throughout the entire Day Phase.

You're right I did comment on the two differently, Kark's initial claim came while I was asleep. When I got back I saw a lot of questions had been asked of Kark and answered, and so, I did not feel it necessary to prod Kark that much as the questions I wanted to ask had been answered. From 11:20pm on the 22nd when Kark says that we should make him director to 09:38 am on the 23rd when I make first response to his claim, I'm out of action.

With CCS, I was active in the game when he made his PR claim, so I started asking him the questions that I wanted answering.

That's the only difference in my eyes between the two

Faddy

Banned

Hubris to think that my play worked. Even though Swamped was the first one to follow me he did it without explanation and has since flipped to CCS. Not keeping his vote quiet.

Fat4all and kawl followed in to Natiko with just enough explanation to make it look like a reasonable vote.

The only risk to the infected on day one is getting their vote down without raising suspicion. They can post pretty freely since they are on their own and we don't have a lynch. Better to get involved on day 1 when there are no consequences.

Karkador

Banned
You must have seen this coming from the moment your gambit started

Of course, but that doesn't change that it's a lazy argument, especially when I've put in a fair amount of work and am obviously not Infected. Town should not let players default to an easy lynch or some dumb retribution lynch.

Maybe the araxometer count of "1" is Cabot, and dead count for Infected (if they were ever infected)

Personally, I understood the araxometer to as follows: 1 per number of infected. Therefore, I would put Cabot pre-outbreak at Level 0 and going from there: Level 1 = 1 infected. So, I would assume starting D2 we are working with a scenario where at least 2 infected are active (although, I guess at different tiers, they may not be aware of each other) or at Level 2. Obviously ten infected would be enough to infect all of town overnight and thus game over.

As far as the Director role, we need to make sure we are putting the best person possible for the job. They get a triple vote (daily? Do we know the frequency??). And in that sense they will be a defacto town leader.

Hard to speculate too much else.

Ourobolus

Banned
There is no way you can pretend that real scum would do what I've done, and no, there is no wine allowed in the lab

I don't have to pretend. I trust you to be smart enough to do things that are both normal and abnormal given a particular situation. "Obviously" is not the correct word here. "Likely" is better, but even then you are nowhere near cleared.

Verelios

Of course, but that doesn't change that it's a lazy argument, especially when I've put in a fair amount of work and am obviously not Infected. Town should not let players default to an easy lynch or some dumb retribution lynch.
I don't know that. If anyone can vouch for you then good for them, but to say your eventual lynch would be easy or lazy is disingenuous at best.

You've lost any trust with me and I'd rather not spend the better part of the game going 'will he, won't he' every time day end approaches. As for putting in work, what does that have to do with getting lynched or not? Even if you were the most contributive player I'd still want to lynch you after today to get rid of any uncertainty. And scum thrives on uncertain elements. Letting you live a couple days (if you were town) is exactly a move I'd expect scum to take leaving for wiggle room for themselves. So, yeah, I'm going to join discussion tomorrow but in my mind I really don't want such an unstable factor around and I'll vote as such.

CCS

Banned

This has basically no value, given that this is a game where town can become scum.

Karkador

Banned
I don't have to pretend. I trust you to be smart enough to do things that are both normal and abnormal given a particular situation. "Obviously" is not the correct word here. "Likely" is better, but even then you are nowhere near cleared.

That's fine, nobody is right now

Natiko

Banned
VOTE: Faddy

This is more symbolic than anything, but I think Faddy has done a good job of coming in and engaging. It would have been easy for a new (to this community I think at least) player to get lost in the crowd but he has not done so and I appreciate that. CCS is the theoretical best pick outside of myself but I just don't feel comfortable giving him extra voting power. I feel fine with Saw having extra voting power but my concern is we will then have to lose her early due to fear of infection.

Faddy

Banned

This is more symbolic than anything, but I think Faddy has done a good job of coming in and engaging. It would have been easy for a new (to this community I think at least) player to get lost in the crowd but he has not done so and I appreciate that. CCS is the theoretical best pick outside of myself but I just don't feel comfortable giving him extra voting power. I feel fine with Saw having extra voting power but my concern is we will then have to lose her early due to fear of infection.

Totally symbolic. Don't try and dump your death anchor onto me after I unmasked your coy plan to become director.

You wanted to be director and be able to say it was against your will.

Sawneeks

Banned
You're right I did comment on the two differently, Kark's initial claim came while I was asleep. When I got back I saw a lot of questions had been asked of Kark and answered, and so, I did not feel it necessary to prod Kark that much as the questions I wanted to ask had been answered. From 11:20pm on the 22nd when Kark says that we should make him director to 09:38 am on the 23rd when I make first response to his claim, I'm out of action.

With CCS, I was active in the game when he made his PR claim, so I started asking him the questions that I wanted answering.

That's the only difference in my eyes between the two

Kark claimed here at 244

You don't respond until 430, which is almost 12 hours after Kark's initial claim - commenting that you think it's crazy we are discussing giving Director to Kark
It's then 431 - You meantion Director is probably a 'poisoned chalice' and that you no longer want it, vote for CCS instead
444 - Still don't give Kark Dictator ( without explaining why )
448 - Give Director to CCS
You then go from 454 to 473 with CCS and you're weird accented rugby discussion and ending it with a vote on me. You only meantion Kark once in that time at 459 - essentially asking CCS if he thinks Kark is a huge liar.
Then there's a couple gif/photo responses, finally at 490 you agree with Natiko on Kark and ask if he would vote for me.
494 you respond to Exo and describe that Kark has claimed, calling it confusing. Yet you never have directly interacted with Kark up to this point so if you were confused why didn't you try and get answers?
516 - You meantion that Kark is lying, but probably not lying about the Infection being random at Night? Out of everything Kark has said how do you come to the conclusion that part of his tale is true?

And now, CCS claims at 520

527 - with a photo response
532 - "Why claim? Why do you want Director? Are you alone? "
540 - Assumes CCS is Neutral and asks for his Win Con
545 - Mentions how this is roughly CCS 3rd time claiming early and how he was being honest each time ( almost ) but he would not get your vote

I can see that Kark's claim was around the time when you were asleep and that's why you didn't bombard him with questions like you did with CCS, but it still seemed like you were confused with Kark's claim or at least didn't believe parts of it. But even despite that you seemed totally fine with not looking for answers or prodding him for any clarification, in fact you never really directly talk to him at all whereas you're completely fine with asking CCS about anything and everything. It feels like you were totally fine with not getting answers from Kark and staying in the dark while with CCS it was something new and you wanted to know more.

Your gif/photo replies are on point though.

Hubris to think that my play worked. Even though Swamped was the first one to follow me he did it without explanation and has since flipped to CCS. Not keeping his vote quiet.

Fat4all and kawl followed in to Natiko with just enough explanation to make it look like a reasonable vote.

The only risk to the infected on day one is getting their vote down without raising suspicion. They can post pretty freely since they are on their own and we don't have a lynch. Better to get involved on day 1 when there are no consequences.

Gotcha.

And that last part does remind me, I would like everyone to please explain why they are voting for the person they have picked for Director. A vote is a vote even if we aren't lynching today, so please explain why you feel your choice is the right one for Director.

Natiko

Banned
Totally symbolic. Don't try and dump your death anchor onto me after I unmasked your coy plan to become director.

You wanted to be director and be able to say it was against your will.
Wait what? There's numerous posts. Like many, many where I directly say I believe I'm the best choice. I'm not trying to dump it on you as I doubt we are going to see a bunch of votes shift to you. Even in my post saying I was accepting that it was unlikely I would be picked out of this crowd I reiterated that I truly believe I am the best choice.

CCS

Banned

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!

Unlimited power?

No unlimited power :(

Faddy

Banned
Wait what? There's numerous posts. Like many, many where I directly say I believe I'm the best choice. I'm not trying to dump it on you as I doubt we are going to see a bunch of votes shift to you. Even in my post saying I was accepting that it was unlikely I would be picked out of this crowd I reiterated that I truly believe I am the best choice.

If you always thought you were the best choice why make the post pulling out of the running?

No one else did that, I thought it was a clear bluff because you saw a hard push for the role was not the way to win. I walked into your move to see who would follow.

I'm still keeping my vote on you because it was a good play.

Natiko

Banned
If you always thought you were the best choice why make the post pulling out of the running?

No one else did that, I thought it was a clear bluff because you saw a hard push for the role was not the way to win. I walked into your move to see who would follow.

I'm still keeping my vote on you because it was a good play.
Because my feeling was that while I had laid the foundation for why I should be chosen, most people didn't really seem to be following my reasoning. I felt I had stated enough for people to decide if I should be the choice or not. Why should I spend time each page reiterating the same points about my stance? It would just be a waste of our time. I standby my statements, I am the best choice. Everyone can make their decision without me pulling an Ouro.

Faddy

Banned
Because my feeling was that while I had laid the foundation for why I should be chosen, most people didn't really seem to be following my reasoning. I felt I had stated enough for people to decide if I should be the choice or not. Why should I spend time each page reiterating the same points about my stance? It would just be a waste of our time. I standby my statements, I am the best choice. Everyone can make their decision without me pulling an Ouro.

Right, whether you wanted it or not. It looks like you are squarely in the running.

What do you think of my rationale for identifying where the scum vote has went?

Natiko

Banned
Right, whether you wanted it or not. It looks like you are squarely in the running.

What do you think of my rationale for identifying where the scum vote has went?
I think there's merit there. If we ignore Kark for a moment my thoughts on scum for day one actions would likely be that they would want to put their name out for Director, but they would be scared to say much reasoning as to why we should pick them. They would want to blend in without sticking out much. The people that put their name forward for Director and then never gave reasoning stick out to me more than just who people ultimately voted for. Now a cross reference of those people could lead to a narrowed list of people to consider. That's something I will be taking a look at but currently on mobile it would be tough to get that done and posted prior to day end.

Kark is right about one thing: lynching him on D2 would be the easy play. But it's also totally valid.

I feel, though, that we won't be talking about Kark on D2 because we'll have a night full of actions to look at.

So why don't we talk about why the director election is in a virtual dead heat?

acohrs

Kark claimed here at 244

You don't respond until 430, which is almost 12 hours after Kark's initial claim - commenting that you think it's crazy we are discussing giving Director to Kark
It's then 431 - You meantion Director is probably a 'poisoned chalice' and that you no longer want it, vote for CCS instead
444 - Still don't give Kark Dictator ( without explaining why )
448 - Give Director to CCS
You then go from 454 to 473 with CCS and you're weird accented rugby discussion and ending it with a vote on me. You only meantion Kark once in that time at 459 - essentially asking CCS if he thinks Kark is a huge liar.
Then there's a couple gif/photo responses, finally at 490 you agree with Natiko on Kark and ask if he would vote for me.
494 you respond to Exo and describe that Kark has claimed, calling it confusing. Yet you never have directly interacted with Kark up to this point so if you were confused why didn't you try and get answers?
516 - You meantion that Kark is lying, but probably not lying about the Infection being random at Night? Out of everything Kark has said how do you come to the conclusion that part of his tale is true?

And now, CCS claims at 520

527 - with a photo response
532 - "Why claim? Why do you want Director? Are you alone? "
540 - Assumes CCS is Neutral and asks for his Win Con
545 - Mentions how this is roughly CCS 3rd time claiming early and how he was being honest each time ( almost ) but he would not get your vote

I can see that Kark's claim was around the time when you were asleep and that's why you didn't bombard him with questions like you did with CCS, but it still seemed like you were confused with Kark's claim or at least didn't believe parts of it. But even despite that you seemed totally fine with not looking for answers or prodding him for any clarification, in fact you never really directly talk to him at all whereas you're completely fine with asking CCS about anything and everything. It feels like you were totally fine with not getting answers from Kark and staying in the dark while with CCS it was something new and you wanted to know more.

Your gif/photo replies are on point though.

Gotcha.

And that last part does remind me, I would like everyone to please explain why they are voting for the person they have picked for Director. A vote is a vote even if we aren't lynching today, so please explain why you feel your choice is the right one for Director.

Wasn't in the dark though, had 2 pages worth of posts to read through when I woke up. After reading them, didn't have any other questions left based on what I read. I

acohrs (0)
ccs 105 (475)
acohrs 128 (431)

karkador (0)
ourobolus 255 (317)

ccs (2)
acohrs 431 (473)
ourobolus 583 (959)
11037 638
swamped 915

ourobolus (1)
swamped 440 (504)
exmachina64 871

sawneeks (7)
acohrs 473
ccs 475
theexodu5 515
kalor 773
lone_prodigy 775
zippedpinhead 866
melonrabbit 870

natiko (6)
faddy 482
swamped 504 (915)
kawl_usc 564
fat4all 700
karkador 723
sawneeks 734
franconp 735 (974)
verelios 922

css (0)
11037 634 (638)

burbeting (0)
natiko 763 (969)

swamped (1)
burbeting 793

faddy (2)
natiko 969
franconp 974

Voting tool can be found [HERE]

Time Left:
tur_1485381600.png

Swamped

Banned
What's the opposite of OMGUS? Because I feel that's just what happened between Natiko and Faddy :p

Acohrs - Sure, CCS may have 'withdrawn' but I think he still really wants to be director, hence I voted for him (along with all the other reasons). Since he can't get infected, the role is safest with him as he will always be town.

I should be around right before day end. Not that it matters much given the different type of voting we are doing today.

And I agree that we will learn a lot more about the mechanics on D2.

I asked exmachina to give me some insights and he said that he would went Dusk answered some questions but never did.

I missed Dusk's post when the game began, so I was asking questions about the day 1 vote, how the role of director worked, etc.

I offered thoughts on Kark and CCS later because they were the only ones that mattered at the time with their role claims.

I'm not quite sure how we ended up at this point where Sawneeks and Natiko are the most likely to win. Sawneeks is fine and if the vote is tied, I'll vote for her. Natiko currently doesn't sit well with me. He hasn't done anything explicitly wrong, however, his tone initially struck me as though he didn't want it. As he started to become a contender for director, he appeared to reluctantly accept the burden yet I can't shake the feeling that this is playing into his plans.

Could be nothing, Natiko might be fine.

Sawneeks

Banned
Kark is right about one thing: lynching him on D2 would be the easy play. But it's also totally valid.

I feel, though, that we won't be talking about Kark on D2 because we'll have a night full of actions to look at.

So why don't we talk about why the director election is in a virtual dead heat?

So where do you sit on the whole thing? Lynch Kark tomorrow or no?

Wasn't in the dark though, had 2 pages worth of posts to read through when I woke up. After reading them, didn't have any other questions left based on what I read. I

Hmmm, fair enough. I still don't like it but I'll take your word for it.

I'm mostly surprised that Sawneeks has come this far for Director without explicitly wanting it

tbh so am I.

Which is why I wanted people to explain why they are voting for who they picked. There are a lot of votes on me that people placed there without saying why. :x

There's only so much you can discuss with regards to Kark. Unless you can actually counter-claim his facts (something no one would do at this point), you can't hold his feet over the fire.

I wouldn't turbo him D2, but I would definitely consider lynching him if there are no other viable candidates. I have a feeling that won't happen though.

franconp

Vote: Natiko

Forget it, just copied Vere's vote.

I had already given reasons Sawneeks. Don't remember which post is it, it was before the crazy theories.

People clearly need to reread my posts.

There it is, I guess.

Top Bottom