• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Aoyama Episode 1 and 2

IdPSXZj.png
9fw8R1D.png

This is an incredibly fun show. Kind of the biggest surprise this season so far. Reminds me a bit of Sakamoto but I find this funnier. I also only watched like 2 episodes of Sakamoto so maybe that got better.

Kyuur

Finished our watchthrough of (most of) the season's anime. Notable stuff included Welcome to the Ballroom, Made in Abyss (complete surprise here, it was awesome) and Knight's and Magic. I know the manga for Ballroom is well received so it should be fairly consistent, hope the other two continue to be good (esp. Made in Abyss, high hopes for it).

Made in Abyss 1

This really is Etrian Odyssey: The Animation.

I have to admit it gave me similar vibes, from the designs to the town and dungeon.

redlemon

Have HIDIVE said anything concrete about chromecast support or apps? They have Made in Abyss and Princess Principal streaming internationally but that kind of useless to me unless I can get it onto my TV.

ibyea

Banned
Texhnolyze: 5-10
It takes a while, but by episode 7, the show hits its stride. The show's madness finally has me pulled in and somehow it has become a riveting watch. At the same time, I am having an incredibly hard time reading through some of the motivations, particularly those of Ichise, Ran, and Yoshi. This show is very fascinating, and yet incredibly maddening to watch.

Texhnolyze: 5-10
It takes a while, but by episode 7, the show hits its stride. The show's madness finally has me pulled in and somehow it has become a riveting watch. At the same time, I am having an incredibly hard time reading through some of the motivations, particularly those of Ichise, Ran, and Yoshi.

I think around then the show peaked for me. Especially Yoshi turning the place upside down was interesting.

Afterward, though, my interest gradually waned.

JulianImp

MHA - #1
A friend recommended me this, and given the crappy summer-line up that CR's gotten so far, I figured I might as well finally give it a try instead of the seasonal stuff.

It looks like a fun comedy so far, and I also like how All Might gets his own overexaggerated lighting system compared to everybody else.

blurr

In hindsight of the tournament arc of MHA S2, I like that Uraraka was the only opponent who actually pushed Bakugo to his limit.

Weeks passed by and I still think about that battle with glee. More than Midoriya and Todoroki one.

Quasar

Have HIDIVE said anything concrete about chromecast support or apps? They have Made in Abyss and Princess Principal streaming internationally but that kind of useless to me unless I can get it onto my TV.

I'm sure they have said they will get to them. And yeah...no apps is a total deal breaker for me. Not that I want another sub.

I feel like every season people say that there is nothing to watch. And this is the first one where I mostly agree. Even early on in the season where I'm open to watching things before I weed out the bad stuff I am struggling to find worthwhile shows.

duckroll

I feel like every season people say that there is nothing to watch. And this is the first one where I mostly agree. Even early on in the season where I'm open to watching things before I weed out the bad stuff I am struggling to find worthwhile shows.

Still have a bunch of Bahamut coming at least!

Cornbread78

MHA S2 ep.17
Did they just now decide to draw Deku looking about 5 years older than previously? I mean, I know he is finally figuring stuff out, but the artwork here makes him look much older after the meeting with Gran Torino...

DNAbro

Every season everyone says there's nothing to watch and every season I find enough to watch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is so much this season I'm interested in. Some I'm going to eventually drop but this is a great season. Last one I only watched MHA and old anime.

duckroll

Is Altair supposed to be bad? There are a bunch of shows from critically acclaimed directors this season. I was planning on checking them all out but I haven't heard a single good thing about Altair lol.

Every season everyone says there's nothing to watch and every season I find enough to watch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"This season is terrible, the next season looks awful but the season after next might be ok." -Animegaf

I'm always able to find a good stable of shows to watch every season though. Maybe my standards are too low. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Narag

Is Altair supposed to be bad? There are a bunch of shows from critically acclaimed directors this season. I was planning on checking them all out but I haven't heard a single good thing about Altair lol.

Destined to be this season's Onihei as the Amazon exclusive title people don't even know exists.

Aki-at

My prayers to God
zilla
have been answered, Shin Godzilla is getting a limited UK release on 10th August!

We've heard a fair few stories behind the scenes regarding the license for Evangelion director Hideaki Anno's live-action reboot of Godzilla, known as Shin Godzilla, and thankfully we now finally have a proper UK theatrical release to look forward to with news leaking out that Manga Entertainment have acquired the film to bring to UK cinemas next month.

Thus, the film will be screening nationwide as a limited release from Thursday, 10th August - although this news hasn't yet been officially announced (which likely means that more screening locations are still to be added, so check back if there's nothing near you) you can already book tickets to the film via the official UK web site for the movie.

(Yes this totally counts as anime since Shin Godzilla was the best anime movie last year.)

zulux21

it hasn't ever been true.

there is always one piece, detective conan and some form of naruto to watch :p
and also dragon ball super at this point.

aka there is always something to watch :3

Line_HTX

Fate/Apocrypha 01

I like this already since it assumes that Shit/Night never happened and doesn't exist. Also brownie Shiro with Yami Marik hair as a priest looks really weird, hahaha

Made in Abyss - 01

Yooo, would you look at that! A really interesting setting for once! Love how everything's focused around mining that abyss, down to the peculiar seating arrangement in the orphanage's class.

Even though first episodes are a lie, the visuals should remain fairly strong. With that character design and its fairly simplistic faces they probably have some leeway. Speaking of which, it looks fine to me. I'm just glad it's nothing overly generic.

Now, it seems really questionable to me to have small children engage in evidently dangerous mining operations, without supervision to boot. Even if the society is clearly built around mining the riches of that abyss and children learning the ropes to it early seems believable, this is pushing it too far. In fact, one would imagine this sort of society to be especially aware of the dangers and hence take appropriate measures. But we'll probably get to see some reason for this further on. That orphanage's director certainly doesn't seem nice and people do evil for money all the time. But either way, whether or not the kids are allowed to dig, I'm surprised they're capable of finding stuff fairly high up. I'd imagine if kids can find relics seemingly with ease then the place should still be crawling with adult miners.

Well, I'm certainly curious to find out more about that world.

No kidding girl, that sounds messed up... Hope that's not done publicly but I'd kinda read it as such. That's a bit eyebrow-raising after reading the remarks concerning repulsive content in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom