• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

mescalineeyes said:
All euro PS+ subscribers can download the beta from the store today.

gl hf :)

:lol now I feel less honored to finally get a code from them last week :p

Why didn't they do that in the first place instead of that theme&email mess...

Hanmik

If you are not yet on the Killzone 3 Beta – I would like to bring you some good news!

For a limited amount of time, you will be able to download the Beta straight from the PlayStation Plus section of the PS Store. We will not be sending emails or voucher codes for this; it will simply be available for you to download straight to your console.

Please note that to take part you will need to have an active PlayStation Plus subscription and will need to be a resident in a country in which we operate an EU PlayStation Store – See http://eu.playstation.com for full details.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/11/17/amazing-mid-november-treats-for-plus-members/

*** just to post the qoute from the Blog.. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I keep checking this thread like I used to do with the MGS4 one. Only difference being the info expected/hoped to be found. New build / Trophy patch.

DMeisterJ

Banned
All of SCEE plus can get in... Is this true generosity, or have numbers dwindled dramatically?

I guess a little from Column A, and a lot from Column B.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I actually tried to give it another shot the past 2 days, and Operations is still 2 on 1, Warzone is usually 3 on 2, etc. Not many people are playing.

meppi

Well lets hope the dwindling number of player even before the game is released send a message to GG that something certainly is rotten.
It's not like all the feedback has done much good.

Firewire

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
I actually tried to give it another shot the past 2 days, and Operations is still 2 on 1, Warzone is usually 3 on 2, etc. Not many people are playing.

The team death match one is the only one that ever seems to be populated now.

iNvid02

i would be playing but black ops, brotherhood and hot pursuit are here now. just a case of bad timing for me otherwise i think kz3 is looking great. when i first got the beta i was on it a lot

Facism

DMeisterJ said:
All of SCEE plus can get in... Is this true generosity, or have numbers dwindled dramatically?

I'm guessing players have dwindled. Played with FFO a few nights back and the server we were on never filled up over 3 rounds. 5v2 for about 45 mins.

Lince

Banned
the Black Ops effect ! they need way more players to test the Mmaking system... I wouldn't be surprised the alpha becomes available for everyone at some point.

Anyway I stopped playing the alpha after having this little moment where I was strafing while seeing this guy through the wall (thank you S&M) and noticed he was strafing back at me mirroring my moves (obviously he also had me S&M through the wall), that was plain embarrassing.

Also, tired of checking the map every 2 seconds looking for infiltrators, framerate, lag, network errors... I would be very interested in participating in a proper KZ3 beta though.

Lince said:
the Black Ops effect ! they need way more players to test the Mmaking system... I wouldn't be surprised the alpha becomes available for everyone at some point.

Anyway I stopped playing the alpha after having this little moment where I was strafing while seeing this guy through the wall (thank you S&M) and noticed he was strafing back at me mirroring my moves (obviously he also had me S&M through the wall), that was plain embarrassing.

Also, tired of checking the map every 2 seconds looking for infiltrators, framerate, lag, network errors... I would be very interested in participating in a proper KZ3 beta though.
you mean you want to play a multiplayer demo, not a beta.

mr_nothin

Banned
Lince said:

Well it was like this a week or 2 before Black Ops even came out so it's not that. I think people just dont like the game too much and stopped playing it.

The Faceless Master said:
Well it's hard to test other things when certain aspects are just completely broken (thus breaking most of the game) and there aren't any updates/patches that even try to fix said problems so we can move on to the other problems. I think that we've given all the feedback that we can give on the beta and people dont want to keep playing a "broken" game when nothing is being fixed yet. What's the point of continuing to play when they arent providing patches? We gave our feedback and now they need to fix it for retail. It's not like we're getting played to test this thing to death.

mr_nothin said:
Well it was like this a week or 2 before Black Ops even came out so it's not that. I think people just dont like the game too much and stopped playing it.

Well thats why I stopped. I'll need a patch to play again. I've given my feedback.

A.R.K

alr1ghtstart said:

yeah tried it last night and this beta is a ghost town :( .. it was 2vs2, 2vs1 for me no matter what I tried.

Lince

Banned
The Faceless Master said:

no, I understand the obvious lack of polish and the glitches... unfinished code right, but there's no reason for not fixing the wall hack that prevents most people from playing the game properly. That glitch encourages camping and leads to zero team work, there's no way to test the game around the objectives in Warzone with every team playing squads of Tacticians and Infiltrators just to rack up kills and ignoring the objectives.

Man I can never find any more Operations matches... It sucks because Warzone is OK and I hate Guerilla. I hope more people play Ops when the beta opens up a bit.

Rikyfree

Checked the beta tutorial page for classes today. Ummm, GG is holding back on the amount of weapons in the game. That is all. Weapons like the STA 11 SE, the M8 ISA SMG, the STA 52 SE, and the M82 SE. Gonna get interesting.

-viper-

Banned
JardeL said:
They can't even find enough players to test their game. :lol Bombed before launch.
More like the players realised the beta was shit so they rightfully abandoned ship.

It's up to GG to fix this mess of a beta. I've posted enough feedback on their forums.

Whether they take it on board is totally up to them.

Hint: Make the game more like Killzone 2.

JardeL

Btw , I just found this [ thanks to nightshade from B3D ] ;

KZ3 beta for free on Indian PSN Store

The Indian PSN Store has a glitch... It allows you to download the KZ3 beta from the PSN+ section even if you're not a PSN+ member.... Grab the beta before it's nuked !!!!

On the Indian PSN Store go into the second tab on the left titled smth like PSN+ , then look on the right hand side.. the 4 icon should be for KZ3 beta... click on it and then click on the Download button... And NO you *don't* have to be a PSN+ member for this download to begin
[ http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21009&st=0 ].

TEH-CJ

Banned
Holy molly! the beta is awesome!. don't listen to the haters GG this plays leaps and bounds better than killzone 2. fix the frame rate and balance some of the weapons and you guys have a massive hit on your hands. it plays so well!.

Equus Bellator Apex

FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING

THE GUNS FEEL GOOD

I JUST STABBED A MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FRONT

NOW IM IN A MECH RUNNING OVER BITCHES I DONT GIVE A FUCK

THIS CANT BE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

dorkimoe

love the feel of the new gameplay

for the stabbing people and neck breaking, do you just hit the melee button? i keep getting owned in melee battles

Loudninja

dorkimoe said:
love the feel of the new gameplay

for the stabbing people and neck breaking, do you just hit the melee button? i keep getting owned in melee battles
Yeah just run up to them and press the melee button.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Equus Bellator Apex said:
FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING

THE GUNS FEEL GOOD

I JUST STABBED A MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FRONT

NOW IM IN A MECH RUNNING OVER BITCHES I DONT GIVE A FUCK

THIS CANT BE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
:lol :lol :lol

dorkimoe

Loudninja said:
Yeah just run up to them and press the melee button.

;)

i guess ill quit spamming the other thread and use this one.

I got some ribbons in game but they dont show up on my statistics page :( anyone know whats what in the beta as far as ribbons

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ok, my first impressions: no fucking way I'm playing this without move. The weight is definitely still there.

Massa

Wishlist:

- fix the framerate. 24p gives me headaches, literally;
- fix the recoil and ADS;
- fix the f*cking people playing this game who just camp and completely ignore the objectives.

Other than that there were glimpses of fun to be had. I'm optimistic for the final version. :D

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
DMeisterJ said:

Er, or maybe it means they are ready to stress test the servers a bit more.

GG is treating this more like a proper beta than a publicity demo tool like Bungie did with Halo. I think this is a mistake on GG's behalf because a lot of people, like you and others in this thread, seem to think it should be treated as a demo. It's not a demo.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lince said:

Beta = feature complete but with bugs. Alpha = non-feature complete.

Top Bottom