• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

Interstellar

Neo Member
Loudninja said:
I really enjoying the beta, one question how do you do the brutal melee?

Depends which controller setup you are using.

Standard setup has melee on L1 (I think) and the alternative setup has melee on R3.

Loudninja

Interstellar said:
Depends which controller setup you are using.

Standard setup has melee on L1 (I think) and the alternative setup has melee on R3.
Ok I was doing it wrong,usually when I press L1 it just did a rifle butt.

slider

I'm travelling an awful lot and, whilst away last week, received a code for the Beta. Dunno if people are still after them but (reluctantly) my Euro one is going if anyone wants it. Probably won't be able to pm it until tomorrow morning (it's @9pm here) so even though first to quote gets it... it won't be for a few hours.

Cheers.

GodofWine

slider said:
I'm travelling an awful lot and, whilst away last week, received a code for the Beta. Dunno if people are still after them but (reluctantly) my Euro one is going if anyone wants it. Probably won't be able to pm it until tomorrow morning (it's @9pm here) so even though first to quote gets it... it won't be for a few hours.

Cheers.
yo!

GodofWine

slider said:
Cos it's you GodofWine (I used to have two versions of your account on my friend's list!) I'll check my email now and pm it to you.

Enjoy.

Sorry if I deleted you, I purged a lot of my list... :)

I'm debating whether I should get playstation plus or not to avoid not getting into betas, does anyone in this thread a plus subscriber if so is it worth it?

Cruzader

Banned
Domcorleone said:
I'm debating whether I should get playstation plus or not to avoid not getting into betas, does anyone in this thread a plus subscriber if so is it worth it?
You're asking on the wrong spot. Alot of people here will tell you no since deep down they are (were?)pissed kz3 beta was a perk for it.

Overall it's worth it if you don't own a huge psn game collection. Even though I got psn+, that didn't get me a beta code. Got one through the random invite. Sucks since I was one of the firts ones to dl the stupid theme just to get fucked since too early meant it didnt officially count towards the first 5000 or so.

So, no don't get it for hopes of beta access since there's alot of BS that you still have to deal with.(dl theme too early, even though they told us to be quick= big fuck you)

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to test this beta. In Operation and even worse in the big Warzone maps there are just 2 vs 2 matches most of the time. Only in TDM the map can be filled (more or less) with players but there is often a big unbalance between the teams (like 2 vs 6).

I tried each class and currently decided to only use engineer with the standard MG and maxed out bots.

btw (general topic and not necessarily related to Killzone 3):
Do you think we will ever see competitive shooter again which don't give perks etc. to high level players? I actually like getting stuff and basically leveling up a mp career, but at the same time it feels strange in all those games. I mean, you already play the game a lot so you will gain some skill, so why do I need even more benefits that make it easier to kill new players?
Though I guess classes are a good way to max out something fast and I liked that in KZ2 you only played against people of about the same rank (that even made the mp more diverse as the gameplay changed with each few rank due to new abilities).

random:
I really like the melee kills.
I don't like that film grain (?) filter in the big map with the mechs, kinda downgrades the visuals.

After putting 21 hours into the beta, I can safely say I love the multiplayer. Yeah, it has it's faults, but it's a beta. One thing I really hate the most is the Infiltrator class; I want that class dead. I can't even count the number of times that I kept shooting a teammate thinking they were an enemy, or a teammate shooting me cause they think I'm an enemy. It's just so ugh and annoying. But, besides that, I've been having a blast.

Levi

Banned
Played about a half hour: I'm done.

Infiltrator might possibly be dumber than MW2s stacking Killstreak bonuses. :(

Glad everyone seems to agree: GG has to fix this shit, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Loudninja

lastinline said:
After putting 21 hours into the beta, I can safely say I love the multiplayer. Yeah, it has it's faults, but it's a beta. One thing I really hate the most is the Infiltrator class; I want that class dead. I can't even count the number of times that I kept shooting a teammate thinking they were an enemy, or a teammate shooting me cause they think I'm an enemy. It's just so ugh and annoying. But, besides that, I've been having a blast.
Yeah I agree,one thing that needs fixing though is the amount of health you have.Other than that I am enjoying it a lot.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I...really like this. Maybe it feels a little more like CoD but I think it has the KZ feel still and the map design is more interesting to me. WHATEVA I PLAY WHAT I WANT

oh i really hate the spy person. i got killed 9 times by the spy person. i didn't even realize there WAS a spy person.

Galvanise_ said:
Camping sure is great huh?

I played the beta in the past week and I actually rarely have encountered camping in any of the modes. Actually, I can't even remember a single occurrence.

I also have to agree that while I still like the feeling of KZ2 more, the weapons still feel super heavy and "meaty". This is really important to me because I think KZ2 has probably the best gunplay ever (for my taste).

Y2Kev said:
I didn't camp. I played medic. I did pretty well, I think I went 1:1 with a bunch of revives ~

I mean the map layout makes it easy for campers, not that you camped. I think the map layouts give rise to bottlenecks, spawn camping, camping and fragfests.

They need more tactical spawnpoints really. They would help but it wouldn't solve all the issues.

If I spawn as a Hig outside in Frozen Dam, 9 times out of 10 there is an ISA camper in a high position taking me out. Its complete balls.

YoungHav

Banned
I do not like the maps in the beta and think they are a step down from the last game. So that's what, 3 out of 8 maps that I don't like? Then GG will try to actually charge for work they should have done to begin with (yay! 2 more maps for $7... for a total of 10!).

reKon

Banned
I'd like a code too, PLEASEEEE (I've asked way earlier in this thread). I really wish to add detailed input to the KZ3 beta forums to help GG not mess up this game

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
reKon said:
I'd like a code too, PLEASEEEE (I've asked way earlier in this thread). I really wish to add detailed input to the KZ3 beta forums to help GG not mess up this game

don't worry, it probably won't do any good.

GodofWine

I got to play for 4 minutes, then I had to run..

Controls seem fine, not KZ2's massive weight, not COD floating gun.

Recoil on LMG is fine from hip, very low when from shoulder...

Its pretty.

More later.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
lastinline said:

just now running into that in kz2, hate that class.

I know everyones begging for a code, might as well throw my begging in. would love to play it :(

lastinline's KZ3 beta issue list

- Fix the Infiltrator Class, too difficult to tell who is an enemy.
- Fix the respawn time, so that a medic can revive a wounded ally in time.
- Fix the set of stairs that still gets me stuck on the Frozen Dam.
- Fix the spawning, since it's a mess currently.
- Increase the health on everyone a notch.

That's pretty much my list currently. I mostly play Guerrilla Warfare on the Frozen Dam. I don't play Warzone much, so I don't really know what needs to be fixed in that game mode. Well, the only thing I know of is that the mechs are overpowered, but I'm pretty sure those are going to be toned down by the release. I think I would be happy if they address the issues that I listed. I mean, I love playing it now, so I think I'm going to still feel the same way once the game releases in February.

Facism

lastinline said:
lastinline's KZ3 beta issue list

- Fix the Infiltrator Class, too difficult to tell who is an enemy.
- Fix the respawn time, so that a medic can revive a wounded ally in time.
- Fix the set of stairs that still gets me stuck on the Frozen Dam.
- Fix the spawning, since it's a mess currently.
- Increase the health on everyone a notch.

That's pretty much my list currently. I mostly play Guerrilla Warfare on the Frozen Dam. I don't play Warzone much, so I don't really know what needs to be fixed in that game mode. Well, the only thing I know of is that the mechs are overpowered, but I'm pretty sure those are going to be toned down by the release. I think I would be happy if they address the issues that I listed. I mean, I love playing it now, so I think I'm going to still feel the same way once the game releases in February.

ignore warzone tbh. it's just tdm with the hassle of objectives and doesn't work well with gg's current spawning philosophies, low player stamina and health, mechs and those bloody boosting ninja arseholes with lag-abusing melee godlike mode.

jett

D-Member
Last thing I have to say about this game is that GG better have another fully open beta or a multiplayer demo because there's no fucking way in hell I'm blind buying this crap.

meppi

jett said:
Last thing I have to say about this game is that GG better have another fully open beta or a multiplayer demo because there's no fucking way in hell I'm blind buying this crap.

Same here. As of right now I'm keeping the 3 preorders I have going for the only reason that they were so cheap. (€40 each), but I will have to get a final MP demo so I can see for myself if they actually fix any of this crap before I buy a copy.
Not sure what's up with the beta as it doesn't seem to get updated, so I haven't bothered with it for two weeks now.
Instead I've returned to KZ2 and having a blast. At least when I find a decent server/good team and playing against good people and not the cheap LMG camping bastards that usually populate the "easy rank up!!!!!" servers and don't care about objectives, and have started bleeding into regular games as well.
Hate those morons with a passion.

Top Bottom