• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 With Description Appears On EA Store

Mindlog

Christ, what a stupid move. There's no way the Reapers attack Earth first. They need to rally every ally in the galaxy and beyond to defeat Sheppard, not piss himher off.

Everyone knew it was going to be a gather your allies game. I hope we can gather Batarians and use them as ammo. Their 4 eyes should prove useful to munition guidance as they're launched toward the enemy at relativistic speeds.

Stumpokapow said:
Why would Shepard join the Alliance again?
Because at the beginning of Mass Effect 3, Shepard will fall into a black hole and be annihilated. Two years later, he is brought back as a cyborg by the Alliance.

"Alliance? I think I've heard of you guys." Shepard will say, as he is given the choice of working with them or working with them but grimacing.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Fuckin' awesome. :D

Only problems I had with Mass Effect 2 were the limited number of weapons/armor, the scaling down of the leveling system and limiting where you could go in the Citadel.

Basically, stuff that was already there for Mass Effect 1 was taken out for the second one. Hopefully they bring it back and then some for Mass Effect 3.

dejan

I'm excited as fuck, but don't rush it BioWare. Don't ... fucking ... rush it. Take your time fellas, this is your most important IP and the final chapter to arguably the greatest gaming trilogy ever.

VGA is running out of surprises. Also tried, looking it up on the store, nowhere to be found. I guess EA wasnt quick enough :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Uncharted 3 yesterday, Mass Effect 3 today...what a glorious pair of days for gaming announcements.*

* I know this technically isn't an announcement

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Jtyettis said:
Obvious answer is obvious, Ashley.

No thanks. It's all about Miranda now and rightfully so. :D
4qhm61.jpg

I get the whole "rally the races" thing, but why would they join to defend Earth? I sure hope there are more logical reasons for forces to get behind Shepard other than "he helped us do _______ in Mass Effect 1/2"

FStop7

Banned
My guesses:

Kicked out of SPECTREs for having "joined" Cerberus.

Anderson re-activates Shepard as an Alliance Marine (despite Udina's protests.. can you say political shitstorm, commander?!)

Shepard must rally the races (derp) but one or more races will have already succumbed or possibly even joined the Reapers, based on your past decisions

Earth is not the first place the Reapers attack, it's one of the last holdouts

EmCeeGramr said:
Because at the beginning of Mass Effect 3, Shepard will fall into a black hole and be annihilated. Two years later, he is brought back as a cyborg by the Alliance.

"Alliance? I think I've heard of you guys." Shepard will say, as he is given the choice of working with them or working with them but grimacing.

"How did you guys bring me back from a singularity anyway?"

"Let's just say it was expensive."

"But that doesn-"

"IT WAS EXPENSIVE!"

Jenga

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
I get the whole "rally the races" thing, but why would they join to defend Earth?
I'm pretty sure the reapers aren't going to just stop there

it'll probably turn out the reapers warp in somewhere close to earth and it'll be considered the holding line or some shit

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just include a proper story this time, BioWare. I didn't enjoy spending 20 hours with my dick in my hand just so I could fight a giant Terminator at the end. God, ME2's main story was a mess. The 'build a suicide team' element was such a good idea but handled so terribly.

The Faceless Master said:
i wonder how much of this will take place on Earth... *remembers Halo 2*

Oh you know it won't be a battle on earth at all, it will be a battle in orbit of Earth as the final boss battle, you will never actually land on the planet or see it.

alerus

Neo Member
Net_Wrecker said:
I get the whole "rally the races" thing, but why would they join to defend Earth? I sure hope there are more logical reasons for forces to get behind Shepard other than "he helped us do _______ in Mass Effect 1/2"

Maybe because machines will hardly stop with humans. It seems clear from ME2 that they consider humans to be the best and greatest threat. It would be natural for them to want to make their surprise attack on humans first so they can get them out of the way. But after that, they'll hardly stop—that's not their M.O.

ZeroRay

The Faceless Master said:
i wonder how much of this will take place on Earth... *remembers Halo 2*

The twist is that Earth falls and all the races are scrambling to defend themselves. ..Or at least this is what I hope.

It'll probably be Shepard trying to convince people that the Reapers are coming and they don't believe him but then they do after you do a quest or something.

Jenga said:
I'm pretty sure the reapers aren't going to just stop there

it'll probably turn out the reapers warp in somewhere close to earth and it'll be considered the holding line or some shit

I just hope it isn't a "humans save the galaxy" jerkfest, and other races actually get their recognition.

FStop7 said:
My guesses:

Kicked out of SPECTREs for having "joined" Cerberus.

I'm pretty sure he was already kicked out of the Spectres for being kinda dead for 2 years.

You can get reinstated and the Council will pretend to be concerned about Cerberus before writing you off as a lunatic and giving you back your badge anyway.

FStop7

Banned
Also, the Reapers have shown they are primarily interested now in using humans as their vehicles for conquest and breeding. So going after them first does kind of make sense, I guess.

GavinGT

Banned
Great. So another game where we travel the galaxy, assembling our crew for 30 hours, then the game promptly wraps up, having forgotten to provide a story arc?

Welp, I think EA took the product down for pre-order. I get an "invalid" message whenever I click the pre-order button.

Nice goof, but we knew it was coming. Can't wait, day one, etc, etc.

itxaka

Defeatist
EmCeeGramr said:

And then he find his old frineds who don't give a fuck about him coming back from the ggrave a second time.

Sup shepard, you revived again or what?

I hope there is plenty of space flying and new planets to land on and walk around, love doing that stuff in mass effect 1 and sort of in 2.

Haeleos

First person ironsights and streamline the dialogue trees where I just choose good/evil at the start of the game. Cellshade the shit out of this game, have 30 packs of retailer exclusive DLC ready to go and ffs EA, add Team Deathmaaaaatch naaaoooow!

FStop7

Banned
GavinGT said:
Great. So another game where we travel the galaxy, assembling our crew for 30 hours, then the game promptly wraps up, having forgotten to provide a story arc?

Yep, you can totally tell that's what it will be based on a 3 sentence description.

Top Bottom