• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 With Description Appears On EA Store

Team Klimt said:
So someone at Bioware has a thing for modeling... models. Who might this be?
relevant now
2008-10-08-Yvonne_Strahovski.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PSGames said:
My favorite RPG this gen. I hope they don't stop with 3 :-(
Yeah, EA sure is known for dropping their successful IPs.

Now excuse me while I go pick up my Need For Speed megablocks and then the eighteen Need For Speed games they just released. :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PSGames said:
My favorite RPG this gen. I hope they don't stop with 3 :-(

BioWare/EA has already confirmed the Mass Effect universe wont end with the trilogy.

Pooya

Kaako said:
Really? I did not know that if that's the case. I just thought that 360 pad support would be a given.
there are some fan made mods/configs which enable 360 pad support but it's not perfect of course. they should have it in this one, default k/m controls aren't really good IMO. you can find them on official forums.

Ezalc

Thane, Kaidan, and Wrex team is go. Kasumi, Miranda and Samara back up team standing by, with Mordin, Garrus, Legion, Zaeed, Joker, and Anderson in Bro team.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I can see it now:

- CONVINCE THE LEADERS OF EACH FACTION TO JOIN YOUR CAUSE WITH THE NEW DIALOGUE SYSTEM

- THE LEADERS WILL ALSO JOIN YOUR PARTY (Wrex is retconned out of existance, sorry fans)

- DEPENDING ON WHICH RACE YOU PERSUADE THERE WILL BE ONE OR TWO DIFFERENT CUTSCENES IN THE ENDING

Jokes aside, fuck yeah, Mass Effect!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Jtyettis said:
Banking on Oct-Nov.

Yeah, Bioware said the wait from Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3 would be shorter than the wait from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2.

ME1 to ME2 = 2 years 2 months (26 months)

ME2 to ME3 = <26 months

I can definitely see a November 2011 release.

Awesome. I love the storyline in ME. I think it's the best new IP (storywise) this generation. In fact possibly ever, they really need to flesh out the story more in 3 than they did with 2. I understand it was a character based game and building them up but I REALLY wanted more info with the main storyline.

Chinner

Banned
EatChildren said:
Hahaha fucking called the "rally the races" plot.
i think we all did.

the description disappoints me, seems like its going to follow ME2s lead and ignore alot of what ME1 set out, aka, the reapers being a threat to the entire universe, and now we're just getting welps humans are special lets target them specifically and make a big stupid reaper out of them.

and if it's anything like me2, it'll be sparse on the main plot as well.

LCfiner

DigitalSoul said:
Yay! I hope that they make the soundtrack a bit more like ME1 though.

I just want to listen to the Tron Legacy soundtrack while playing ME3.

Can’t wait till Bioware revels the new, surprise twist in ME3 - an isometric battle perspective.

Sotha Sil

Easy_D said:
I can see it now:

- DEPENDING ON WHICH RACE YOU PERSUADE THERE WILL BE ONE OR TWO DIFFERENT CUTSCENES IN THE ENDING

I'm totally letting the werewolf Turians eat the peacenik Turians

steadfast

Domino Theory said:
Yeah, Bioware said the wait from Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3 would be shorter than the wait from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2.

ME1 to ME2 = 2 years 2 months (26 months)

ME2 to ME3 = <26 months

I can definitely see a November 2011 release.

I seem to remember thinking they pushed ME2 to get out of the way of MW2 in 2009. If there's not going to be any more recruiting except for maybe 3-4 more to fill in gaps for those that had crew die in ME2, there's a very good chance that a holiday 2011 release is doable.

Suddenly, the batarians and vorcha save the day, and it is revealed that batarian art and culture are superior in every aspect to humanity's, as well as being genetically perfect. In one fell swoop, Batarians, the best race ever, are crowned the galaxy's savior while vicious and pathetic racist Shepard is disgraced.

I don't understand the reactions from some of you... we all knew there was going to be a Mass Effect 3, the developers even stated as such within ME2... This isn't even an announcement.

So a Publisher posted up a listing for a game that we all knew existed in development , it was really only a matter of time, not some sort of hype-building surprise... what the hell am I missing?

Cuban Legend said:
I don't understand how this is surprising... we all knew there was going to be a Mass Effect 3, the developers even stated as such within ME2... This isn't even an announcement.

they posted up a listing for a game that we all know exists, it was really only a matte rof time, not some sort of hype-building surprise... what the hell am I missing?

Ummm, nobody here is actually surprised. Sooooooooo....

>_>

<_<

Patryn

I guess the big question for me is will I go on another media blackout and get blindsided like I was with ME2, or do I allow myself to brace for all the changes sure to be made that will piss me off?

Cuban Legend said:
I don't understand the reactions from some of you... we all knew there was going to be a Mass Effect 3, the developers even stated as such within ME2... This isn't even an announcement.

So a Publisher posted up a listing for a game that we all knew existed in development , it was really only a matter of time, not some sort of hype-building surprise... what the hell am I missing?

Pinpoints it as a likely 2011 release.

But you're right; The real announcement is about who your squad will be. If it's basically your ME2 squad, then I will retract many of my criticisms of that game.

If it's not (barring a couple notable exceptions), as I suspect it will be, well....

Sotha Sil

Cuban Legend said:

I think you missed the 2000-posts Uncharted 3 thread

ultron87

Cuban Legend said:

The listing has a description with it that one can glean a lot about the game from?

Chinner

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Suddenly, the batarians and vorcha save the day, and it is revealed that batarian art and culture are superior in every aspect to humanity's, as well as being genetically perfect. In one fell swoop, Batarians, the best race ever, are crowned the galaxy's savior as vicious and pathetic racist Shepard is disgraced.
Shepard holsters his weapon as he realizes the ultimate truth; that the reapers and humanity are exactly the same,
"Stop!" Shepard says as he clicks the upper left option, "We don't have to fight, we can join forces and get discount bargains at the citadel!"
"Hold on a second" The Reapers ponders, "You're that Commander Shepard? You got to say the line!"
"I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the citadel" Shepard says as he grates cheese on his stone cold abs.
"Holy shit! It's him!" The Reapers relax, they approach and put their arm around Shepard "Sorry about that bro, we cool?"
"We Cool"

The End.

steadfast

Cuban Legend said:

We enjoy speculating about and discussing a game that a great number of us are looking forward to?

Also, as mentioned, see the Uncharted 3 thread.

ultron87

I think if someone has gotten max paragon through all 3 games they should be able to talk the entire Reaper fleet into suicide. That'd make up for 3 games of not indiscriminately shooting people or kicking people out of windows.

Suzzopher

ultron87 said:
I think if someone has gotten max paragon through all 3 games they should be able to talk the entire Reaper fleet into suicide. That'd make up for 3 games of not indiscriminately shooting people or kicking people out of windows.

:lol

I have only played through as Paragon so sounds good to me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Now lets see how much of the game BioWare can spoil in the announcement trailer.

Chinner said:
Shepard holsters his weapon as he realizes the ultimate truth; that the reapers and humanity are exactly the same,
"Stop!" Shepard says as he clicks the upper left option, "We don't have to fight, we can join forces and get discount bargains at the citadel!"
"Hold on a second" The Reapers ponders, "You're that Commander Shepard? You got to say the line!"
"I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the citadel" Shepard says as he grates cheese on his stone cold abs.
"Holy shit! It's him!" The Reapers relax, they approach and put their arm around Shepard "Sorry about that bro, we cool?"
"We Cool"

The End.

"Wait..." pleads Shepard. "Fighting... is wrong." A little halo pops out of his head as a million jesus points are gained.

"You're right..." said the Reapers, and they all started to glow. Shepard shielded his eyes, but saw the Reapers melding into one another until they became a beautiful space girl.

"I am the Space Goddess and that curse was put upon me by the Space Devil," said the girl as she waved her arms and a portal opened. "Here is a relay to Space Hell, where only a pure-blooded HUMAN may enter."

Shepard smiled and walked fast towards the portal as Faunts' music played.

Reviewers everywhere praised the game's story and RPG elements as being far superior to the first two games.

Top Bottom