• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Retro Pack Detailed (Salamun Market and Blood Gracht)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SALAMUN MARKET
Game Type: Warzone (24 Players)
Description:
One of the largest maps from Killzone 2, Salamun Market has been re-balanced for maximum Killzone 3 carnage. After the Helghast ambush an ISA convoy on its main road, the whole market becomes a Warzone. Nostalgia meets brand-new Exoskeleton combat on this classic multiplayer map!

BLOOD GRACHT
Game Type: Guerrilla Warfare (16 Players)
Description:
Months after the nuclear blast that ruined most of the city, Blood Gracht is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan’s strange plant life. But when Guerrilla Warfare breaks out between ISA and Helghast troops, the canals once again run red with blood. The fan-favorite multiplayer map from Killzone 2 makes a triumphant return!

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/features/2011-02-02_retro-pack.html

There are pics at the link

njean777

I really thought they would have picked radec academy for one of them. Not a day went by playing kill zone 2 that there was not at least 5 rooms full with radec academy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
SALAMUN <3

That's all I wanted. Southern Hills > Blood Gracht

There is going to be alot of Brual Melees in BG.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BLOOD GRACHT

BLOOD GRACHT?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

That map, granted you were playing with 16+ players, was a poorly designed and it exemplified a lot of KZ2's major problems, specifically awful clusterfucks that turned the game into a mindless slosh of spawning, killing and dying in a matter of seonds. All strategy and tact went out the window, and fast.

Salamun is badass, though. I wouldn't have minded Tharsis Depot and the Academy as well, but I'm kinda tired of those maps.

alr1ght

Seems like it has been run-over with foliage, not a simple port job.

E2sPzl.jpg

maJQpl.jpg

NASycl.jpg

urrrrggh Mechs
6DE57l.jpg

Snuggler said:
BLOOD GRATCH

BLOOD GRATCH?

That map, granted you were playing with 16+ players, was a poorly designed and it exemplified a lot of KZ2's major problems, specifically awful clusterfucks that turned the game into a mindless slosh of spawning, killing and dying in a matter of `0 seonds.

Salamun is badass, though. I wouldn't have minded Tharsis Depot and the Academy as well, but I'm kinda tired of those maps.

Luckily this map hasn't made it. It's Blood Gracht that made it in.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Moar Radec Academy plz!
Most underplayed map evar !!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PjotrStroganov said:
Luckily this map hasn't made it. It's Blood Gracht that made it in.

Misplacement of the T, LOL you got me there.

The remade maps look pretty nice, it's the same thing Epic did to a couple of the maps they brought back to Gears 2.

jett

D-Member
No more RADEC PISTOLS ONLY?

Salamun Market was such a cool looking map in KZ2...daytime doesn't look quite as neat.

thuway

Hopefully these maps become free over time ALA Bungie. This keeps all maps in circulation. I definetely did not like Frozen Dam.

alr1ght

Would be nice if they re-used the old Visari voice overs for these levels. Kind of disappointed in their decisions to not keep all the maps open to all game types.

Meh, always hated Salamun. Blood Gracht is cool though.

Would have loved to see Helghan Industries instead of Salamun. It's a much more interesting map IMO.

EDIT: what the hell is with this daytime shit? The maps completely lose their atmosphere. Dammit GG.

I think Blood Gracht was worse than Radec. If they fixed the Helghast Spawn in Radec to be more or less symmetrical to the ISA one and added more turrets/made the turrets indestructible and separated the S&D targets I think it would be fine. Speaking of which, I hope they separated the S&D targets on Salamun. It always bothered me that on such a fantastically designed map search and destroy just ended up with every player fighting in the one spot until they eventually overwhelm the other side to plant or defuse the bombs.

EDIT: Oh shit, EXOs on Salamun. I don't even know why I get my hopes up.

Teknoman

Man this is going to be great. Really like the mech designs too. Are those intruders going to be used during the online, or are they just for decoration?

alr1ght

Snuggler said:
BLOOD GRACHT

BLOOD GRACHT?

That map, granted you were playing with 16+ players, was a poorly designed and it exemplified a lot of KZ2's major problems, specifically awful clusterfucks that turned the game into a mindless slosh of spawning, killing and dying in a matter of seonds. All strategy and tact went out the window, and fast.

Well it looks like it's only TDM now. :|

santi_yo

H_Prestige said:
Meh, always hated Salamun. Blood Gracht is cool though.

Would have loved to see Helghan Industries instead of Salamun. It's a much more interesting map IMO.

EDIT: what the hell is with this daytime shit? The maps completely lose their atmosphere. Dammit GG.
This. Helghan Industries would be perfect.

A.R.K

WOW @ the screens!!!! BG looks so amazing in the day light. Those tanks in the SM map, wonder if they are just there or actually players can use it. It would be awesome if they let us control it.

alr1ght

Here's Salamun KZ2
kz2_052.jpg

kz2_056.jpg

Hopefully they just bumped up the color to showcase the level. Day/Night cycles would be amazing though. Has any shooter done that for MP?

BG
kz2_049.jpg

kz2_045.jpg

Mikey Jr. said:
Hey guys, do you think the mechs to salamun are going to unbalance the map?
Depends if GG balanced them from the first beta & whether the mechs can cross below the middle walkway.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mikey Jr. said:
Hey guys, do you think the mechs to salamun are going to unbalance the map?

As long as everyone gets a mech, it should be fine.

Alls I know is that I'll probably be spending the duration of the match in the interior portion of the map since the mechs will probably be tearing up the open areas.

BeeDog

jett said:
Ehhh I guess their cut-scenes are videos this time.

That's what I'm fearing too, and I hope TTP (or anyone that has the preview/review copy) can confirm/deny.

I hope the amount of data is just because of redundancy (and to eliminate the loading issues present in KZ2).

Rolf NB

Actually I'd take them all again, the maps in Killzone 2 were all pretty solid (up to certain player count thresholds). Pyrrhus Rise is my least favourite of the whole non-DLC bunch.

A few path tweaks I'd understand, but it's a bummer they insist on doing graphical upgrades. I for one don't really need that.

-viper-

Banned
Blood Gratch is awesome.

It's Radec Academy which I hate. Worst of all... Helghan Industries. Fucking HATE that map. The desert map sucked balls too.

A.R.K

Dirtbag said:
Blood Gratcht was atrocious. Horrible selection.

Nope with the right # of players and minus the morons it was one of the best.

So are these maps free with the game or a separate DLC?

Dirtbag

I just don't understand the Blood Gratch love at all. It was a complete and total clusterfuck of a map, where you always got stuck running into shit or the too narrow catwalks. It was terrible level design 101. Mindless level.

I'd have preferred helghen industries, radac academy, the depot level, or the hammer.
All would have been far superior picks.

A.R.K said:

So are these maps free with the game or a separate DLC?

Pre-order bonus. Hopefully they become free after awhile.

Dirtbag

A.R.K said:

Most of the map forced you down long straight corridors where you could hardly even strafe. It was cramped vertically in many areas no matter the player counts, had confusing and cramped stairwells. It was TERRIBLE!

Top Bottom