• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 New Killzone Mercenary MP maps (free) patched in tomorrow

Skyzard

Banned
Update: Available now.

Alrighty, I love the new maps.
Both are pretty big.

Msq4kKN.jpg

9uTs6pi.jpg

jEHTni0.jpg

Heres an album: http://imgur.com/a/sP83x

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the release of our latest update for KZM, delivering 2 new maps for multi-player games:- "Tharsis Depot" and "Blood Gracht"

A brief word on each..

Tharsis Depot

After incurring damage during the ISA invasion of Helghan, this subterranean mining platform has been converted to process nuclear Petrusite. Now that it’s back in full-scale production, the ISA will again battle Helghast and mercenary forces between the structures of Tharsis Depot. This time they intend to finish the job they started. Under the cavern’s artificial light this is a great map to play Guerrilla Warfare or Warzone on. A Mercenary version of the Killzone 2 classic.

Blood Gracht

Months after the nuclear blast that ruined most of the city, Pyrrhus is slowly recovering. But now with ISA, Helghast and mercenary troops clashing in the suburb's buildings and winding alleyways, the canals once again run red with blood. This fan-favourite multiplayer map from Killzone 2 is ideal for all game modes.

Both maps may be familiar to some of you; but each has been given a fresh lick of paint for its Vita debut.

The update will be available for download from Weds 19th February at 12pm (midday) GMT.

(Please note: the update will be mandatory for anyone wishing to play multiplayer. You'll need 167MB free on your memory card to download it - 526MB if you've not downloaded our previous updates.)

We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we have making it.

Happy fragging!

Matt

TD Guerrilla Cambridge

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-Mercenary-PS-Vita/KZM-New-maps-imminent/td-p/1493106

Thanks to nicolajNN.

boinx

Cool. Seems like i'm gonna have to check those maps out. Really cool to have a portable version of Blood Gracht :)

jsnepo

So how big is the patch going to be? I only have 600MB left.

edit: I didn't the last part. Good then. Thanks Skyzard.

Oh sweet!

And these aren't even the new maps they are already developing. What a nice surprise.

Even though I desperately want Salamun Market, it's good to see that they didn't do Radec Academy.

Tharsis Depot is one of the best.

Tygamr

how's the player population these days?

It's pretty good. Easy to find matches. Biggest issue is that most matches you get into are already halfway through or about to finish, and there's a ton of people playing with terrible latency.

Audible gasp when I read the names of the maps. These two maps increased my desire to own a Vita.

How is the multiplayer community doing for this game?

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer.

This is great news, I actually liked the Multiplayer and should find more time to play a bit more of it. Can't wait for the new patch. Hope I have some space left since Ps+ is not nice for me Memory card space. ;)

NHale

Audible gasp when I read the names of the maps. These two maps increased my desire to own a Vita.

How is the multiplayer community doing for this game?

Still alive and kicking. Never had any problems to find a full lobby in less than 30 seconds. Of course being 4 vs 4 definitely helps.

Hearing this maps names just make me want to build a time machine so I could relive those magic Killzone 2 MP first couple of months. What a fantastic experience that was back in the days. Salamun Market and Radec Academy with some Pyrrus Rise in the middle. I wish some game this gen make me feel like COD 4 and KZ2 did.

Duster

I downloaded the patch, booted up Mercs for the first time in months, was all excited to play the new maps...

...then I got soundly beat three old maps in a row before quitting at the sight of a fourth.

Oh well I'll try again later.

As somebody who doesn't play many FPSs I must say this game has been an all-round pleasant surprise right down to the free DLC, especially as it's a genre I currently associate with trying to squeeze as much money out of people as possible (even if that's a largely uninformed opinion).

Skyzard

Banned
Finally got to play Tharsis Depot, love it!!

Blood Gracht next, nice.

Both awesome additions, very happy and can't wait for the botmode dlc.

Nokterian

Sweet i love this game and it plays so damn well for a shooter on a vita. The second map Blood Gracht that last sentence is dutch that's funny :p

Tygamr

Just played a round pf multiplayer since downloading the update. Didn't get into either of the new maps, but I did experience a ton of new bugs. At one point in the match I was inable to get certain touchscreen functions to do anything- but others still worked. That, and I constantly spawned next to enemies, which had been greatly improved, so I dunno why it was suddenly so bad.

Don't care about the maps, where's the botzone patch we are supposed to get?
What is this patch supposed to address?

I love games with bots (see: Black Ops 1/2, Ghosts, past Killzones, Timesplitters 2, Unreal Tournament). Sadly the bots in this game are very lacking, in TDM they will often just stand around in one spot. I also think in Botzone they should unlock everything for you (as they do in the CoD games).

Edit: I was confused

Massa

I love games with bots, sadly the bots in this game are very lacking and I also think in Botzone they should unlock everything for you (as they do in the CoD games).

Also the bot AI is pretty poor, in TDM they will often just stand around in one spot.

There is not botzone in Mercenary yet, the patch will add it... you crazy person!

... talking about Shadow Fall, heh?

Tygamr

So I got into Tharsis Depot, but certain touch functions would not work. I had to quit, because I couldn't hack, I couldn't swipe to select different loadouts, couldn't counter melees, couldn't interrogate... I couldn't even use the quit button! I had to close the application... Weapon swap, grenade, and vanguard buttons all still worked though. What the hell...

I love games with bots, sadly the bots in this game are very lacking and I also think in Botzone they should unlock everything for you (as they do in the CoD games).

This game doesn't have bots yet...

Ricker

I dont want to patch this game with stuff I dont need...I forget,is there a way to disable auto patching...?

Zen

Banned
And This game continues to be awesome. I honestly feel that it's the better product over Killzone Shadow Fall. The MP is just so good.

Tygamr

And now every touch function works except the back button. Whatever I guess.

Hopefully they put out a bug fix patch.

Top Bottom