• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

linsivvi

Xater said:
That's cool. We will be playing while you continue hoping. :p

Whoever does the OT for this I would help doing at least a menu translation for the folks on here. Although I guess JGAF will have the game faster anyway. ;)

Nowhere did I say I would wait for a translation. :p

I played all the PS2 and PSP games in Japanese too. It's a fighting game anyway, the only difficulty would be the campaign mode (if they choose to include it this time).

TreIII

donkey show said:
Anyone think they're gonna throw in the Gundam AGE units before it releases?

I would honestly be surprised if we didn't see AGE-1 in the mix. This is the same game series where they made sure Unicorn was in the arcade version of NEXT, even though there was no voice recording done for its pilot yet. And then the PSP port had both a fully-voiced Unicorn and Kshaitrya to go with it (among other port exclusives). :lol

To me, it's too good of a setup. With AGE starting October and this game coming out in December, Bandai would likely want to make sure at least one unit from that show makes it into this holiday release. Maybe even more, depending on just how much more they could stand to add to sweeten the deal.

Personally, I'm just hoping those old rumors for Blue Destiny come to pass. And why not at least toss in Blue Frame too, so Red Frame won't be all alone?

Xater

TreIII said:
I would honestly be surprised if we didn't see AGE-1 in the mix. This is the same game series where they made sure Unicorn was in the arcade version of NEXT, even though there was no voice recording done for its pilot yet. And then the PSP port had both a fully-voiced Unicorn and Kshaitrya to go with it (among other port exclusives). :lol

To me, it's too good of a setup. With AGE starting October and this game coming out in December, Bandai would likely want to make sure at least one unit from that show makes it into this holiday release. Maybe even more, depending on just how much more they could stand to add to sweeten the deal.

Personally, I'm just hoping those old rumors for Blue Destiny come to pass. And why not at least toss in Blue Frame too, so Red Frame won't be all alone?

That might be something they could reveal at TGS. I also think they will totally go for it, because of what they did with Unicorn and the last game.

Shouta

2 player offline will be good. It won't compromise the quality as much when playing the game. Should also be good for folks that play with a partner, could play in the same room online.

TreIII

Shouta said:
2 player offline will be good. It won't compromise the quality as much when playing the game. Should also be good for folks that play with a partner, could play in the same room online.

I hear ya.

Still, part of me was really hoping for 4 player split-screen, at least. I could have seen that being an easy way to help get more people into the game around my way.

Ah well, here's hoping that whatever they're using, it's something good.

Shouta

I just hope they have a local mode or a direct link mode so you can get lagless play at home if you gathered enough stuff together. It would make tournaments a lot easier to organize in places other than Japan.

At least we can play with our arcade sticks now.

EDIT: and yeah, some kind of local network play would be awesome. It'd be cool to see this game make it on the US tourney scene in some form or fashion.

TreIII

Shouta said:
I just hope they have a local mode or a direct link mode so you can get lagless play at home if you gathered enough stuff together. It would make tournaments a lot easier to organize in places other than Japan.

Now, THAT would be something else, too! Would take a bit of coordination and such, but certainly could be something do-able...

LegatoB

Shouta said:
If I end up going to TGS this year, I may look into asking someone there about LAN support or not.
Please do. Local LAN play would be a requirement to actually get any interest in playing this game in tournaments and the like in a world where arcades don't exist. (Which would honestly be a bit of a stretch given the need for 2/4 systems running the game at a time, but a man can dream.)

donkey show said:
How quick does Ami Ami usually take shipping wise?

I got ACE Portable in about a week (Japan to Seattle) with the cheapest option. Shipping would probably end up being cheaper with Play Asia, but you won't know the exact amount with Ami Ami until you order it.

distantmantra said:
I got ACE Portable in about a week (Japan to Seattle) with the cheapest option. Shipping would probably end up being cheaper with Play Asia, but you won't know the exact amount with Ami Ami until you order it.
I moved to the UK, so hopefully the shipping would be around the same timeframe... but probably not.

TreIII

_dementia said:
Speaking of poor music selection, Linkin Park won't be in the home port, will it?

I'd be willing to bet that if we had to put up with Gackt's version of Ai Senshi last time, we won't be escaping from Linkin Park, either...

_dementia said:
Speaking of poor music selection, Linkin Park won't be in the home port, will it?
Don't want an LE GP01-A Linkin Park edition?

box_cover10.png

WPZR-30377_ADD.jpg

Dat color scheme :p

TreIII

I'mma try and wait until Play-asia puts up their obligatory "Asian" version, just so that I can say I've seen the whole picture.

Plus, the one thing I hate about Amiami is that while EMS shipping is pretty fast for the most part, it forces me to deal with the USPS. And that's something I could REALLY do without in the case something goes wrong, especially since we'll be in the middle of Holiday Season by the time this game touches down.

ACESmkII

Price is no object. I gladly paid the premium price for GvG and GvGN for PSP.

I'm just really really stoked we finally are getting a full on home console port w/network play.

See you guys online.

xemumanic

ACESmkII said:
Price is no object. I gladly paid the premium price for GvG and GvGN for PSP.

I'm just really really stoked we finally are getting a full on home console port w/network play.

See you guys online.

Ditto. I spent so long thinking it'd never happen, I can't let this pass now. I'll just eat a little bit less takeout for lunch between now and then.

matmanx1

Still debating on this one. It looks nifty and I dig Gundam but it is essentially just a fighting game, right? Not much in the way of story or adventure modes I gather?

And I actually don't consider the price to be all that steep for a PS3 Gundam game. It has to be better than ACE:R and that sucker still cost me almost $80! =/

TreIII

matmanx1 said:
Still debating on this one. It looks nifty and I dig Gundam but it is essentially just a fighting game, right? Not much in the way of story or adventure modes I gather?

There likely will be some type of campaign mode in the mix. Whether it's like Next Plus' "Plus Mode" (which was basically a Mission Mode with some character interaction here and there), or maybe something deeper, like Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam's "UC Mode" (where you basically played an abridged version of the OYW/Zeta Time Frame's storyline, and could even alter events to create nice "What Ifs") will have yet to be determined as we get to know more.

But I won't lie to you. If you're expecting anything to the tune of at least Gundam Musou's campaign modes, you likely will end up disappointed.

patsu

Takao said:
If AGE does well, I think we should at the very least see the Level-5 video games.

As for Origins, I don't think it's necessarily the mythos that are keeping Americans away. MSG, Zeta, and Char's Counterattack are all from older eras of animation, which I think is a big problem for younger viewers. Origins being a production made in 2011 will automatically look new, and I think that could sell the series to newer audiences.

I love Origins. Is the story different from the original ?

Xater

donkey show said:
Hmmm, between Ami Ami and Yes Asia, who would be the better choice to send to the UK?

I ordered from Yesasia before (I live in Germany) and their delivery times are pretty good. I got my GvG Next Plus within a week. I'll go with them because shipping is free.

I would still wait if they will add a Asian version for probably 10 bucks less.

Xater said:
I ordered from Yesasia before (I live in Germany) and their delivery times are pretty good. I got my GvG Next Plus within a week. I'll go with them because shipping is free.

I would still wait if they will add a Asian version for probably 10 bucks less.
Sounds good. ^^ I miss JapanVideoGames being a hop, skip, and a jump away from my old work. :(

klee123

TreIII said:
I'd like to think that since there's no 360 port to be concerned about in this case, that much will be a non-issue, and we can at least look forward to a straight port.

After all, isn't the main reason the Tekken 6 ports ended up the way they were, because of the desire to make sure they were "equal" (relative to the 360)?

PS3 version was a rush job. There was no way that the PS3 version couldn't handle 720P plus 2 x AA.

The arcade board was essentially a PS3. The fact that both 360 and PS3 versions were inferior to the arcade version was a joke.

Tekken Tag 2 on PS3 better be identical to the arcade release.

klee123 said:
Tekken Tag 2 on PS3 better be identical to the arcade release.
I doubt it will be.

Unlike T6BR, TTT2 is not a System 357 game. It's a System 369 game and that hardware quite a bit more powerful than a PS3.

The demo on Tekken Prologue will be a good test to see where it lands.

Grokbu

To be honest, I haven't really watched a Gundam series. But I will say that the VS series looks interesting, and now that it comes to consoles, I might try it out.

I wonder how active it'll be online here in Europe, though.

EDIY: Well, this might be OT, so sorry for that.
Which Gundam series would you recommend watching for someone new to the franchise?

TreIII

Grokbu said:
To be honest, I haven't really watched a Gundam series. But I will say that the VS series looks interesting, and now that it comes to consoles, I might try it out.

I wonder how active it'll be online here in Europe, though.

EDIY: Well, this might be OT, so sorry for that.
Which Gundam series would you recommend watching for someone new to the franchise?

The nice thing about Gundam Vs. is that you can still very much have fun with the game, even though the fanservice may be lost to you.

Anyway, what Gundam series you opt to watch is entirely up to you. If you don't have a problem with watching "older animation", feel free to start with the first series (the movie anthology can work here, as well) and/or Zeta Gundam.

Or if you want more opinions on this: feel free to check out the official Gundam-GAF topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373941

Grokbu

TreIII said:
The nice thing about Gundam Vs. is that you can still very much have fun with the game, even though the fanservice may be lost to you.

Anyway, what Gundam series you opt to watch is entirely up to you. If you don't have a problem with watching "older animation", feel free to start with the first series (the movie anthology can work here, as well) and/or Zeta Gundam.

Or if you want more opinions on this: feel free to check out the official Gundam-GAF topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373941
Nice! The VS series does seem to have very fun gameplay, aside from the fanservice.
But, yeah. It's probably even more interesting if I know more about Gundam.

Oops, there was already a Gundam thread? Sorry, should've searched a bit. :<

But thanks for the recommendations! I'll look into starting with the first series then. :)

Top Bottom