• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
Is there a way to cancel a pro order on steam for a full refund? I've decided my Skyrim pre order is a waste of money and not worth it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BF3 is all I need for now.

Now to wait for it to finish DL'ing
LLShC.gif

Nabs

(._.) said:
Is there a way to cancel a pro order on steam for a full refund? I've decided my Skyrim pre order is a waste of money and not worth it.
Just send Steam support a message.

Lumine

provo57 said:
Grid is pretty great, but be aware that Codemasters shut down the multiplayer servers.

Oh bah. I'm tempted to pick it up, but partly for multiplayer reasons. Is there any way around this if I just want to play with 1 other friend?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(._.) said:

Contact support. Plenty of people have successfully cancelled pre-orders and had the payment refunded. Ideally, Valve should integrate such a function into Steam, or at least a button that automatically generates a support ticket for such a request.

Edit: Beaten.

(._.) said:

I actually did the same exact thing (along with to other pre-orders) and the pre-orders were canceled. I asked to have the money refunded back to whatever it was I used to pay them with, and the message I got from support made it seem like that's what they did, but the money is currently sitting in my Steam wallet. I sent another message asking for clarification but haven't heard back from them yet.

Gvaz

Banned
Dungeon Siege 3 is alright as an obsidian game but it's not that great as an isometric rpg. Getting kind of tired of people trying to make a game something that it shouldn't be.

Danj

Is it just me or does the Steam backup feature only actually back up one game, even if you select multiples? I did backups the other day as my laptop hard drive was reporting failure, but when I came to restore stuff today after fitting the new HDD, there only seems to be Assassins Creed Brotherhood in the backup. Fortunately the old drive seems to be still functional enough to get my steamapps folder off (touch wood and all that) but it still took me by surprise.

Giran

Stallion Free said:
I would buy it if we weren't about to start Immortal Throne.

Immortal Throne isn't balanced around multiplayer, so if you're looking for co-op you may want to reconsider.

(._.)

Banned
LastWindow said:
I actually did the same exact thing (along with to other pre-orders) and the pre-orders were canceled. I asked to have the money refunded back to whatever it was I used to pay them with, and the message I got from support made it seem like that's what they did, but the money is currently sitting in my Steam wallet. I sent another message asking for clarification but haven't heard back from them yet.
Alright cool. just sent in a ticket. Hopefully they send it all back to my bank account. If not I guess that will be my funds for the winter sale when I actually plan to pick up Skyrim.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Giran said:
Immortal Throne isn't balanced around multiplayer, so if you're looking for co-op you may want to reconsider.
We just wrapped up the orignals campaign and that was a ton of fun with two players, how does IT change things?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I played through Titan Quest and Immortal Throne with a mate and we found the latter to be tougher than the former. Although, I'm not sure if we changed difficulty levels as we switched campaigns.

Edit: Come to think about it, I wouldn't mind playing through the games again, as it's been... oh, about 5 years. I had a 7900GS at the time!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone played Stronghold 3 yet? The amazon reviews are ... well... to put it mildly... annihilating.

Giran

Stallion Free said:
We just wrapped up the orignals campaign and that was a ton of fun with two players, how does IT change things?

Wasn't it incredibly easy? We played with 3 people but it was a cakewalk and took all the fun out of the game. And switching difficulty makes it irrationally difficult. Although this was some time ago so patches may have fixed things.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Giran said:
Wasn't it incredibly easy? We played with 3 people but it was a cakewalk and took all the fun out of the game. And switching difficulty makes it irrationally difficult. Although this was some time ago so patches may have fixed things.
No, it was just two of us and we had the latest community patch. It had a solid difficulty for us. I suspect IT will be the same. I find Diablo-types to be boring as fuck in singleplayer.

Stallion Free said:
I find Diablo-types to be boring as fuck in singleplayer.

Same, I can't get past the first town in TQ, or the Den of Evil in Diablo in single player.

I played Diablo 2 LOD mulitplayer for 1000's and 1000's of hours however.

Blizzard

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
It's terrible.
As usual, coming from you this means a lot (since you play every game on Steam), not sarcastic. Do you have any more descriptive comments about it, or was everything just terrible in general?

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
As usual, coming from you this means a lot (since you play every game on Steam), not sarcastic. Do you have any more descriptive comments about it, or was everything just terrible in general?

I only played the first two levels, but it just seemed like the most generic action/adventure game you've ever played, just aggressively bland. I would put it on the same tier as Garshasp as far as games of that ilk go. I know the PC isn't exactly a hotbed of action/adventure type games, but you can still do way better, like Darksiders or any Assassins Creed.

Sober

(._.) said:
Anybody ever cancel a pre order from Greenman?

went ahead and sent in a ticket for a refund on Batman.
Yeah, I did that earlier last week. Pretty painless and quick (like 1-day response cause they are probably in the UK, so the time difference).

Joe Molotov said:
I only played the first two levels, but it just seemed like the most generic action/adventure game you've ever played, just aggressively bland. I would put it on the same tier as Garshasp as far as games of that ilk go. I know the PC isn't exactly a hotbed of action/adventure type games, but you can still do way better, like Darksiders or any Assassins Creed.

I nearly bought it because I really wanted some couch hacking and slashing but I'm glad I held off then. You reminded me to finally play Darksiders too.

Relax.MX

Chesskid1 said:
sign up, 30 day free trial, claim orcs must die! key, insta turn off auto-renew. no problems, no charge, even takes paypal.

i'm gonna mess around with ign prime a bit, see if it's worth subbing to.

Works!! XO i feel dirty...still IGN sucks (but thanks XO)

wilflare

Scythian said:
Thanks! but is this a limited-use copy or something?
Anyway, let's see what IGN Prime's got to offer.

thank Bert! he gave me the notice haha

nope! it's as a good as a full game. the [Review] tag I suppose refers to the codes sent to gaming sites for them to do reviews for the game prior to release.

DO REMEMBER TO CANCEL YOUR IGN PRIME subscription if you aren't keen on it. 30DAYS free only! (game is forever) sorry 3am im high

Is ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif a Gothic 4 expansions or something? The screens look nice but I've read that Gothic 4 was terrible.
I want BTTF but I think I'll wait for the christmas sale since it's "only" 60% off.
Also did anyone else get The Haunted: Hells Reach? It's a bit like Killing Floor without the upgrade system. It's also very hard, even on easy.

Rufus

Spectacular Dr Dawg said:
Is ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif a Gothic 4 expansions or something?
Yes, though I didn't expect it to come out, what with its publisher folding and everything. Quite a surprise to see it come out. Gothic 4 was kind of a turd though. Serviceable, if boring game, that has little to do with Gothic.

Gvaz

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Putting it on the same level as garshasp is like saying it's a turd that your computer can play with.

Rufus

Archie said:
Err, I'm not seeing anything about Orcs Must Die when I click that link? What am I doing wrong? :/
Further up:
Chesskid1 said:
sign up, 30 day free trial, claim orcs must die! key, insta turn off auto-renew. no problems, no charge, even takes paypal.

jediyoshi

Chesskid1 said:

Confirmed. Been meaning to check out IGN myself anyhoo after catching up on their podcasts

I'm not even messing with IGN anymore. I had nothing but problems when I was a member of the pay service probably around 8 years or so. The final straw that I would never go their site again was when I was a day late cancelling so I paid for another year. Even though I didn't get my money back my account was still cancelled so I couldn't use the service anyway. I probably could have got it working again had I cared more but by that point I was done.

Grid for $3 is pretty much a done deal though. Might do BttF but since I'm in no hurry I may just wait for Christmas. But at that point it may only be in a big pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom