• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
there is world exclusive footage in a german gaming show, beware of spoilers (shows a boss battle in a sidequest).

http://www.gameswelt.tv/29512/insert-coin/sendung-126.html
darksiders footage starts at 28:30.

the gameplay has zero tearing and seems to run much better than in any other gameplay video so far. it shows the 360 buttons, so its either pc or 360.

What the hell? that boss looks exactly like Tiamat from Darksiders 1.

Muzzy

Wow, can we have a wallpaper of that?

There you go:

darksiders2_wallforgaj8syo.jpg

Maffis

Man, I want to hear the music in the video of the 20 first minutes at the boss battle again. So epic. Please someone upload it!

DieH@rd

Banned
Maybe Tiamat is just a specific type of demon and there are others like her.

According to the Darksiders Wikia, Vigil never stated her that she's a member of some specific flying race. She's listed just as a "Demon", and a "Chosen" of the Destroyer.

But her nickname is "Dusk Queen", so there is a chance that others like her exist.

Sojgat

Yes, death is the love child of Casey Jones and Skeletor, this was established long before the first game even came out:

11352-165372-horsemendeath620xjpg-620x.jpg

He's not very original, but he's still unbelievably fucking awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll have a handful of new videos coming up within the hour. Should I just post them here, or a new thread? Might be 5 or 6.

Maybe here first, then a thread if needed.

Yes, death is the love child of Casey Jones and Skeletor, this was established long before the first game even came out:

He's not very original, but he's still unbelievably fucking awesome.

you know what this is a bit off topic but looking at your avatar I WISH vigil would make a Berserk game with the same stylized look as Darksider ..that would...be....so great.

DieH@rd

Banned
Here's the first 4 videos.

Platform? Looks like PC with x360 gamepad to me.

Dat dynamic lightning in the Climbing video! 1st game had realy bland fixed lightning.

edit - and yeah, only the Tree of Life video has a slight spoiler, but even that sequence was shown in the trailers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Platform? Looks like PC with x360 gamepad to me.

Dat dynamic lightning in the Climbing video! 1st game had realy bland fixed lightning.

edit - and yeah, only the Tree of Life video has a slight spoiler, but even that sequence was shown in the trailers.

Not 100% sure on platform, video is right from THQ. PC may be a good guess.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/1/11352-165372-horsemendeath620xjpg-620x.jpg

[B]He's not very original,[/B] but he's still unbelievably fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

sadly,the problem here is with Joe Madureira,he is not good in creating characters.

War design was a complete mess,Strife got that random 90s villain from Image comic style and Fury look like a generic sextoys/fantasy medieval hooker.

Sojgat

you know what this is a bit off topic but looking at your avatar I WISH vigil would make a Berserk game with the same stylized look as Darksider ..that would...be....so great.

No, Anime fans would freak out.

JoeMad's Battle Chasers universe is already more than epic enough for new franchise of games.
https://dcomixologyssl.sslcs.cdngc....58c4fe.jpg?h=d7c0b6cd7bfe9018d064e6610acf0be1

I would buy and play both of these things.

Maffis

sadly,the problem here is with Joe Madureira,he is not good in creating characters.

War design was a complete mess,Strife got that random 90s villain from Image comic style and Fury look like a generic sextoys/fantasy medieval hooker.

Maybe you think that, which is ok, but don't try to make your opinion the end all.

I, for one, love his character designs.

hlhbk

So let me say playing through origional game on PC that Darksiders 2 better be a hell of a lot more optimized and a great port for PC. My FPS is 60 but everything just looks jerky. I would play it on the 360, but I want a save file that I made for the PC version of DS2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So let me say playing through origional game on PC that Darksiders 2 better be a hell of a lot more optimized and a great port for PC. My FPS is 60 but everything just looks jerky. I would play it on the 360, but I want a save file that I made for the PC version of DS2.

Darksiders II and the triumphant return of PC gaming

btw. i have no problems on PC, looks and runs great.

KingDirk

So I won the GameInformer daily giveaway. When I entered, I didn't realize it was a download--I thought I'd hold onto the disc for the (likely months-off) future when I finally had a gaming capable rig. Does anybody know if these GameStop download codes expire or anything?

So I won the GameInformer daily giveaway. When I entered, I didn't realize it was a download--I thought I'd hold onto the disc for the (likely months-off) future when I finally had a gaming capable rig. Does anybody know if these GameStop download codes expire or anything?

Just take the SW key and redeem it on Steam. Then just download it when you're ready.

Bigfatphony

Neo Member
Enter the code on the Gamestop PC App, then click Product code and it will give you another key that will work with steam. Just did it.

KingDirk

Enter the code on the Gamestop PC App, then click Product code and it will give you another key that will work with steam. Just did it.

Every time I try to enter the code it says 'there was a problem adding redeemed product to the library.' I've no idea what's going on.

Bigfatphony

Neo Member
Every time I try to enter the code it says 'there was a problem adding redeemed product to the library.' I've no idea what's going on.
Hmm that's odd...https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601 it's listed on the Steam redeemable CD keys too. Just have to make sure you grab the Product Key version from the Gamestop App, and not the one from the E-mail. Though from that error code it does sound like you're entering the right key, it's just not working. o_O
Edit-Fixed link ;-p

Top Bottom