• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

Wollan

f_elz said:
if this was GT5 people would be fapping over them.

Haha, no. It would get killed HARD. With Polyphony being the premier technical developer in the world(or at least among the top three) this would be totally inexcusable for GT next gen.

IJoel

Hahaha... can't confirm or deny? Jebus, wtf indeed. It seems that they are not fake, but they might not be authorized to be released. I just have to say again, wtf. Pity that Che couldn't resolve this properly.

Klocker

IJoel said:
.... Pity that Che couldn't resolve this properly.

we'll be posting real and official in-game screenshots next Tuesday (09.05.06) morning (rather than wait until Thursday, obviously).

sounds like it's resolved to me... who TF cares about the origin of these shots...wait 4 days til tuesday and then make a judgement based on official data... solved.

J-Rzez

...they took that "dunno if we should do a GT style or Auto Modelista style, so lets do half realistic, half cartoonish look" approach again... this saddens me as a car nut...

Hope it's 60fps and they fine-tune the physics even more... and I hope these devs have a much better devised "mod-system" too with realistic yields in performance...

Bebpo

Banned
op_ivy said:
fo reals. or forza 1 for that matter (laughing my god damned ass off)

Confidence Man said:
Same car to compare.

552_0011.jpg

625da4c33062974701856c1df04aad22.jpg

Keep laughing :(

IJoel

J-Rzez said:
...they took that "dunno if we should do a GT style or Auto Modelista style, so lets do half realistic, half cartoonish look" approach again... this saddens me as a car nut...

Hope it's 60fps and they fine-tune the physics even more... and I hope these devs have a much better devised "mod-system" too with realistic yields in performance...

Oh, I didn't mean it as a dig to Che. He obviously has to answer to someone that doesn't want any info on the game out just yet (probably due to the magazine exclusive.) I'm just saying it's a pity he can't tell us more.

I'm really really hoping they are early build screens, and the new ones are significantly improved. Also, I hope it gets released this year, though I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Pimpwerx

Looks meh, but let's give this game time. If this game is to be good, MS will let Turn10 take their time to get it right. It's done when it's done. The visuals look rather pants right now, but will no doubt improve by leaps and bounds. We know the game is still in progress, so I'm not worried. The target render looked the business, so whatever they're aiming for is well worth the wait.

This thread is like 90% backlash from some recent trends lately on this forum. Forza2 is just the unfortunate victim of that. This is the game to challenge GT. No one else has stepped up thus far, so I'm confident it'll be ready when it's time. Comparing to PGR3 is silly since this game is probably gonna be 60fps. Compared to Ridge Racer, this is already looking good with 12 cars. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Wollan said:
Haha, no. It would get killed HARD. With Polyphony being the premier technical developer in the world(or at least among the top three) this would be totally inexcusable for GT next gen.
Right now, anything less than the best racing game ever is not good enough for PD. They're victims of their own success. PEACE.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
I hate to bring this up here. But....what if it plays really good?

*GASP!*

UH OH! AM I SUGGESTING GRAPHICS AREN'T EVERYTHING??? KILL ME NOW!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Kobold said:
I hate to bring this up here. But....what if it plays really good?

*GASP!*

UH OH! AM I SUGGESTING GRAPHICS AREN'T EVERYTHING??? KILL ME NOW!

Kobold, you fcuking troll!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

hey, sony said that AI is what counts , not graphics.
but that only applies to the PS3, so get your fingers out you underachievers! ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
chespace said:

you cant enter the thread like that! :lol

by the way che, i still believe *sniff

give em all hell tuesday!!!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Boards of Canada said:
che, I'm afraid only movies will alleviate this situation.

i dunno 'bout that... a demo would be swell too :lol

Gek54

Poor Che, seems the yahoos working Forza 2's marketing are not making his life easy. First they made him brake his promise of real media in August and now this.

:( :lol :(

GhaleonEB

This has got to be frustrating for Che. Were he still with 1up he'd be on this side of the fence, wondering what the hell is up. Now that he's with MS, I suspect he's a little frustrated by the process.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
those screens look like shit. Note to the recent gameplay zealots - this doesn't affect how it might play, just how it looks (i.e. shit)

There is almost no lighting or reflections at all. shitty flat lighting isn't going to miraculously cure itself when in motion - 60fps or not.

My thinking is that these are earlier shots, maybe leaked on purpose to get the FUD going, ready for them to surprised and delight us all. Because as of now, there is *no* excuse for those shots to look like that on a 360.

Striek

I don't think it looks bad at all, just that all car models look similar in gameplay or replay situations since GT4 that it really is the IQ and environments that make or break perception of graphic quality, and this blur disallows anyone to do as much.

Also, Microsoft done a real number releasing mostly bullshots and photo mode pictures from PGR3 (and not a single gameplay screen was ever officially released IIRC) that expectations are very high. Microsoft will get on the ball with super-duper-PR-shots though I'm sure after this.

I still have to understand why a site that only publishes PR-received images has those screenshots, and why they're the only commercial site to have them. Very strange.

Luckyman

Banned
I still have to understand why a site that only publishes PR-received images has those screenshots, and why they're the only commercial site to have them. Very strange.

Maybe they didn't get the memo.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I think the screens are probably real. While they aren't mindblowin I'm sure the game looks superb in motion.

PjotrStroganov said:
Try this game.
It's GTR2

GTR 360 & Forza 2 will probably be out around the same time now. That's going to be a difficult choice to make...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
60 fps with real-time damage, online play with 12 or more cars, and ultra cool tracks. Sounds wonderful! These screens mean nothing to me. When I see the FINAL game in motion for the first time, then I will pass judgement. Until then, give it a rest and go play some ****ing games! Sheesh!

I'm confident the screen shots releasing Tuesday will look better than these. But that said, I don't these look all that bad for a few reasons. Let me explain myself.

I'm sure these are from an early build -- before certain effects are added and implemented. I think the car models are fine. And, if there are 12 cars on the track at once -- all of the same quaity -- I'll be a happy camper.

And for one, I refuse to jump the gun. Seeing GAF's reaction to these shots remids me of the backlash of early GRAW pictures. There were a lot of "OMG, these look terrible!" posts. But by the time the game released, it looked great.

The lesson here (in my opinion)? Building a game in the next gen takes a lot of work. There are many, many visual tricks that take time to put in place. Therefore, early screens won't be indicative of the final work.

Forza 2 is going to be a flagship, 2nd gen title for Microsoft. And I don't think it will let it release if it looks like crap.

Gek54

Willy Wanka said:
I think the screens are probably real. While they aren't mindblowin I'm sure the game looks superb in motion.

GTR 360 & Forza 2 will probably be out around the same time now. That's going to be a difficult choice to make...

So....Q1 2007?

TURN THAT F'N BLUR OFF, IT DESTROYS THE MAJORITY OF THE BENEFITS OF 60FPS, JUST SCRAP IT YOU STUPID PEICES OF JUNK, I CANT BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO YOURSELVES, OK ITS LIKE TURN10 IS A SONY DEV, CG AFTER CG AFTER CG AND THEN ASSSMEARED DOWNGRADED SCREENS, WHERES THE GOOD NEWS!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAHH!!!

Top Bottom