• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

@MUWANdo

Banned
I had no idea it was licensed under two different companies. How bizarre.

Yeah, it's how Westone was able to port the Wonder Boy/Monster World games to so many different platforms--all they had to do was change the name and tweak the characters a little and voila! Hello Aventure Island/Dragon's Curse/Bikkuriman World, etc.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have no problem with him. Yeah, it's an odd thing for Disney to try and jam him into games like he was a character in the past, especially brand-specific games such as this, but it's more important that we focus and get rid of Danica.

Dream17

Neo Member
The 5 females characters of that game

-Amy
Sonic_y_Amy.jpg

-Gum
Gum.%28Jet.Set.Radio%29.600.638762.jpg

426389-gum__jsr.jpg

-Ulala
80503.jpg

ulalagun1024_2.jpg

-Night
sonic-riders-nights-sonic-and-nights-18459448-300-400.jpg

-Danica Patrcik
SonicDanica610.jpg

promo_danica.png

Roo

^ it must feel really nice to be part of a game. People get to know your work. Some cool stuff right there
unless you're Britney Spears lol

batfax

Nooobody knows. When people've asked S0L or any other Sumo staff they just get told that info on that is up to SEGA to release. s'kinda frustrating since I can't even pre-order it yet. =\

Tell Sega to make (or just get the community to make them, like Sega did for the Shogun pack) TF2 items to go along with the PC release.

Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers for the Scout. A Vyse eyepatch. People will pay all the moneys to get Genuine versions. I'm speaking as a TF2 addict who bought games primarily because of items a while back, before I (mostly) kicked the habit.

SmithnCo

Ralph looks cool. I would've liked Vanellope though considering she was actually in a fake racing game. Maybe as a double like Jacky and Akira were.

Anyway, yeah, need more reveals.

Coxy

This game is close to being out, where are the other character announcements at?

I believe they said at least one character wont be announced at all but left as a secret for people to find in the game, how many are left to go? 5? in 2 weeks ish? They need to get a move on

I believe they said at least one character wont be announced at all but left as a secret for people to find in the game, how many are left to go? 5? in 2 weeks ish? They need to get a move on

There's 29 overall according to S0L and we won't even find out every character till the end of the year (Which is why the rumor of a PC exclusive is going around).

We're supposedly going to see the third guest and another Sega character before launch, however.

Tizoc

There's 29 overall according to S0L and we won't even find out every character till the end of the year (Which is why the rumor of a PC exclusive is going around).

We're supposedly going to see the third guest and another Sega character before launch, however.

Did S0L mention that the cast is going be to bigger than 29 characters though?
Pretty sure
Segata Sanshiro
is the game, but I just want a tRAIler to sate my wait for this game.
...and no the Ralph trailer didn't do it for me.

OMG Aero

So who does everyone think this character is anyway?
It's gotta be Sanshiro right? I can't think of any other character whose inclusion would be a big enough deal to keep secret.

Tizoc

It's gotta be Sanshiro right? I can't think of any other character whose inclusion would be a big enough deal to keep secret.

More or less yeah. Bonus points if they manage to get his theme from that one music video in the game.
I'll play every stage with that theme *o*

All they said about the final character is that it's comprised of "Multiple Sega IP's". Could be Sanshiro, could be something even crazier. We have to wait a little while to find out.

Shaneus

It had better be the Virtua Racing car. That it hasn't made an appearance in any of these games (especially when the 32X version actually had a kart in it!) is a travesty.

But I don't see how that would fit into the "multiple IP's" thing.

I bet it's Richard Jacques. UK:R loved him.

@MUWANdo

Banned
You really assumed that Vectorman, an obscure character designed by a third-party studio that hasn't been heard from in twenty years, was a given?

Tizoc

You really assumed that Vectorman, an obscure character designed by a third-party studio that hasn't been heard from in twenty years, was a given?

I recall one of the earliest articles that were announcing the game mentioned Ryo, Toejam & Earl and Vectorman might be among the roster.

japtor

It had better be the Virtua Racing car. That it hasn't made an appearance in any of these games (especially when the 32X version actually had a kart in it!) is a travesty.

But I don't see how that would fit into the "multiple IP's" thing.

I bet it's Richard Jacques. UK:R loved him.
I've wanted a Virtua car/character/level, have everything low polygon flat shaded.

Shaneus

I've wanted a Virtua car/character/level, have everything low polygon flat shaded.
Definitely. The third track looks incredible while driving through that canyon, especially with the bird's-eye-view cam. It makes perfect sense to make a track in a similar style for a kart game.

I was only strictly thinking from a character/vehicle perspective... but a VR track (complete with music) would be the shit.

A.E Suggs

So even the 3ds gets an exclusive character? I don't think having console exclusive characters on handhelds is going to sell people on the game. I'm still hoping they'll have character DLC for this game, sol never hit me back on that question.

PJX

In one of they interviews they mentioned that they pushed to get Wonder Boy in one of the other Sega Superstar games but Sega didn't wanna have to deal with the licensing quagmire between it and Westone (Sega owns the "Wonder Boy" license but Westone owns the characters and the games themselves).

I've read that Sega own the names and characters but Westone owns everything else.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I've read that Sega own the names and characters but Westone owns everything else.

More or less, yeah. It's a bit like the Ultima situation where EA owns the Ultima license but Garriott still owns the rights to most of the characters, locations, etc so they're forced to make up all their own weird facsimiles like "Lady British" or whatever.

That isn't exactly appropriate for this thread, you know. :p

I'd replace that if I were you, Dream17. Also, the first one isn't even fan art. Hah.

Anyway...

Huh? I always thought this was some magical asexual being...
Yes, especially since NiGHTS can be the avatar of a boy or a girl in their dream...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure NiGHTS is genderless.

I would LOVE this. So much. I'd buy multiple copies of every version of the game if this were in there. Haha. I freakin' LOVE Virtua Racing. I play the 32X version a lot. I also have the Saturn version. Great game, man.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm really glad Ralph "game hopped" to Sonic Transformed, it just fits so perfectly after seeing the movie. Outside of Vyse, he might end up being my most used character.

SmithnCo

Should have been Venelope or a combination of the two. At least she actually drives a kart in the film.

Yeah, I would've preferred that. Also weird that Ralph's kart doesn't really have transform animations, but still a cool tie-in nonetheless. I'll probably use Ralph a good amount.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Should have been Venelope or a combination of the two. At least she actually drives a kart in the film.

Yeah I know. :/ I was also hoping Ralph used his hands like an ape while riding on land. A combination of the two in the same cart (like you said) would have been perfect though, but this is still cool nonetheless.

Tizoc

S0L when can we expect the lauch trailer to be released?
It's releasing next friday in Europe (I have 3 days off next week so I know what I'm spending those days playing >=3), so can we expect it by Friday/Saturday?

By my count only 22 characters were revealed for the game, excluding Mii and Avatar.
I'd be impressed if the remaining 7 characters weren't revealed via trailers or such.

Just over a week until It's out in the UK. I cannot overstate how psyched I am for this. i even booked a week of holiday for it. The amount of time I played online in the last game is obscene.

I'm also equally looking forward to the soundtrack. There was talks about it being available for purchase; I'll definitely be getting it if so.

And I PRAY we get Segata Sanshiro as an unlockable character. :-D

kunonabi

Just over a week until It's out in the UK. I cannot overstate how psyched I am for this. i even booked a week of holiday for it. The amount of time I played online in the last game is obscene.

I'm also equally looking forward to the soundtrack. There was talks about it being available for purchase; I'll definitely be getting it if so.

And I PRAY we get Segata Sanshiro as an unlockable character. :-D

I want to be psyched but my concerns about the roster have pretty much destroyed my hype.

Personally I think it have liked to see Ralph cameo in several games. It would have pushed the game jumping aspect pretty well if you could see him in all sorts of real world games.

sajj316

I would love to see Vita footage. No OS screenshots, they are a disservice! Vita community is looking for a solid karting title ...

flattie

Blue skies are coming! I cannot wait to see that great big fucking HD Solowing flying around my TV as the original Panzer theme is booming in the background.

Nostalgia amp turned to 11!

I would love to see Vita footage. No OS screenshots, they are a disservice! Vita community is looking for a solid karting title ...

I'll be double dipping as long as the port holds up. PS3 for the full fat version and Vita for my portable kicks.

Midou

Just noticed Ralph from Wreck-it-Ralph is in it, even though the news is super old. Would have made more sense to put the little girl in it, since, she actually had a kart and such in the movie..

I'm pretty hyped for this, last one was a lot of fun for something I had no expectations for. Now with the Diddy Kong Racing vibe, should be even better. Hope they kept Ryo.

SykoTech

Am I the only one hype for playing as Joe from Shinobi in this game?

Aside from Vyse, he's probably the only new character that I'm hyped for so far. :/

I think I'm more hyped about the stages and music than the characters. Panzer Dragoon, OutRun, After Burner, Golden Axe, Starlight Carnival/Asteroid Coaster, and Richard Jacques? Yes please.

Top Bottom