• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

I asked about it but didn't get a response. Oh well. I'll buy it on disc if I have to. But having it instantly available like a giant WiiWare game (no disc swapping) would be pretty cool.

Edit: I just realized you might mean the 3DS version. I'm hoping for the Wii U version to be in the eShop too.
I meant Wii U, but it really should be both.

Does the 3DS version do any streetpass stuff?

I believe you can. There was pre-order stuff with the first game that was sold as DLC a few weeks later.

Yeah, Forklift Ryo.

I'm personally hoping that we'll see a lot of DLC for this. I'd like to think that's one of the reasons the price of the game itself is so low. The more copies they shift, the bigger the market for DLC.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Can anyone tell if it's a port or different (and so probably far lesser with a fraction of the budget) version from those pics?

RM8

It's been mentioned that the 3DS version is not a port, it was built from scratch for 3DS like the previous game on DS.

Alexios

Shucks. They managed to port the 1st one on Wii, no?

I'd think they could do a similar job for 3DS. Maybe less geometry, more shaders, for a more similar look overall.

RM8

@Alextended: It's still the version I'm getting if the demo doesn't suck. Maybe also on PS3 or PC at some point.

CamHostage

(Very compressed) 3DS screens

EDIT: NintendoEverything also found a clip of Sonic Racing Transformed 3DS gameplay on a Nintendo Sizzle Reel.

Screens are on Nintendo.com:
Bayjt7ldYApX7vw-xTGmSwHyYgGHVdq3.jpg

OLX8Wkxk06a9XYs1RC9L1Yo7rp77U_LS.jpg

vAd0Mlp3yEL3kZ0wijqsql1AapAZGvUf.jpg

The screens don't do it justice until you've seen it in motion, but you can't embed YT on GAF.

It's been mentioned that the 3DS version is not a port, it was built from scratch for 3DS like the previous game on DS.

Posted this in an earlier thread: PocketGamer did get a hands-on with the 3DS and Vita games (the only playtests of these versions I've seen, kudos to them for getting Sumo to let them play what SEGA chose not to promote.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Sonic+&+All-Stars+Racing+Transformed/news.asp?c=45681

PocketGamer didn't say much about the performance of the Vita version, just that it was the same game as the console titles (including online,) so I'm going to assume it's probably pretty much just as you see it in screens/videos but with probably a lesser framerate and less track detail. The 3DS has been nerfed a bit in terms of modes (no Traffic Attack and some simplified modes to make it more kid-friendly, partly because they couldn't do it in the custom engine too and also probably partly because they couldn't afford to do extra modes while working on this splinter-version, as long as Sumo put that cut time into gameplay polish I'm happy.) Anybody else who can find more on the Vita or 3DS versions, please share because a few of us are most interested in these versions.

RM8

Yeah, that sucks... no deal breaker for me (since I'll get a home version later), but removing stuff to make a kart racer more kid-friendly sounds funny.

ds8k

If the PC version lacks online multiplayer again then it's another no-buy for me. The whole appeal of this game for me is playing online with my friends.

w00tkins

PC version does have online. I'd like to know the release date for it though
And what happens with the bonus content on pc? Do I get that if I preorder it?

@MUWANdo

Banned
If I don't pre-order, is there any way I'll be able to get the bonus stuff (Outrun track??) later on?

Outrun/Metal Sonic aren't pre-order bonuses, they're first-edition bonuses, meaning you'll probably be able to find 'em on store shelves months from now.

Alexios

Ah right, I remember seeing it in that sizzle reel and thinking it looks ok except for the lack of any effect from the crafts on the water.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
so disappointed with the roster :(

We still don't know the full roster. However, while it's all opinionated, I'm a bit more fond of it despite three of my favorite characters from the first one not being announced yet (Billy Hatcher, Ryo, OpaOpa) because there are new characters that have come in I'm quite fond of (Vyse, Gilius, Gum, Joe Musashi). That said, I'm interested to see who the last few characters are since I believe we still have 8 that are unrevealed. Though I will admit I am disappointed that Vectorman and Ecco have been deconfirmed.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been following the game, but has the Wii U version's frame rate issue been fixed? I was thinking of picking it up sometime during the Winter break.

Drago

I haven't been following the game, but has the Wii U version's frame rate issue been fixed? I was thinking of picking it up sometime during the Winter break.
Yes it has. S0L (developer) says the game now runs at a rock solid 30 fps, I believe.

@MUWANdo

Banned

There are a billion threads about this game ATM, but yeah, there's one or two recent videos that show the latest build and the framerate's fine.

Here I was all set in getting this game for the Wii U, when supposedly....

Spoilers for brand new not known about character shtuff:

Characters from Team Fortress 2 will be in the PC version. The one racer will consist of Pyro driving on land, Heavy in the water, and Spy in the sky. In other words, alternating characters! There might be a TF2 map as well, but it's still early news. Saw the information from twitter at https://twitter.com/tssznews/status/268447052982263808 . There's a more detailed list at that Sonic Paradise website, but it's in Spanish and talks about getting the information from a hacked 360 version of the game.

Here I was all set in getting this game for the Wii U, when supposedly....

Spoilers for brand new not known about character shtuff:

Characters from Team Fortress 2 will be in the PC version. The one racer will consist of Pyro driving on land, Heavy in the water, and Spy in the sky. In other words, alternating characters! There might be a TF2 map as well, but it's still early news. Saw the information from twitter at https://twitter.com/tssznews/status/268447052982263808 . There's a more detailed list at that Sonic Paradise website, but it's in Spanish and talks about getting the information from a hacked 360 version of the game.

Between this and Sony, these games really don't understand All-Stars do they? I kid, kind of

Shaneus

Just quietly, and screw spoilers, what PC gamers who buy Transformed would give a shit if there are TF2 characters in it? Their infestation into PC games always comes off forced.

Basically, they're treating the 3DS version as the kiddy version.

Yeah, the version sounds awful. Is there any good footage of the Vita version in action? I'm already leaning towards picking up a white Vita during Black Friday just for Persona 4 and the PSN+ titles. This might go good with them.

OMG Aero

Just quietly, and screw spoilers, what PC gamers who buy Transformed would give a shit if there are TF2 characters in it? Their infestation into PC games always comes off forced.
TF2 characters in Transformed mean TF2 items for buying Transformed.
People go fucking nuts for TF2 items and will buy games they don't intend to ever play just to get them.

Top Bottom