• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

Dream17

Neo Member
14th

130080dp7gh4fcajihhuu.png

402436dp7btt.png

552096Sanstitrerrh.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
No news about a demo for PS3 at all? I'd like to try it there, other than on 3DS.

Shaneus

Rubius

So kinda wanted the Vita version, but I see that Sony do not have any exclusive character where Nintendo get the Mii and 360 get the Avatar.
Will go with the Wii U version instead.

A.E Suggs

Am I the only one hype for playing as Joe from Shinobi in this game?

Of course not he and vyse are like 2 of the most talked about new character at the time of their reveal. I just hope I get hibana now along with joe since they seem to be doing clone characters. I think i'll be rolling with joe,vyse and Ulala.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So kinda wanted the Vita version, but I see that Sony do not have any exclusive character where Nintendo get the Mii and 360 get the Avatar.
Will go with the Wii U version instead.

Nice move I guess,not just because of the characters but since they don't even want to show the anything from the Vita version and usually this mean that there is something completely wrong with it.

Rubius

Nice move I guess,not just because of the characters but since they don't even want to show the anything from the Vita version and usually this mean that there is something completely wrong with it.

Well I'm playing Modnation Racers right now on the Vita. The game is fine, if not for the 15-20 FPS and the loading time of 45 sec~. Also, I want to see what Nintendo new console will look like on racers since it will be the only "Mario Kart" game for a while on the Wii U.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I don't know, it isn't such a big delay, less than one month.

The real problem is that it's released the same day of Paper Mario :lol
It isn't even really the delay.

It just gets tiresome how these companies wait until a week before the game is out, then delay it. It happens too often.

Aside from Vyse, he's probably the only new character that I'm hyped for so far. :/

I think I'm more hyped about the stages and music than the characters. Panzer Dragoon, OutRun, After Burner, Golden Axe, Starlight Carnival/Asteroid Coaster, and Richard Jacques? Yes please.

The Panzer Dragoon remix already sounds lush in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluftjGPZjo

Also, shoutouts to Sumo Digital for getting a sneaky Hydro Thunder reference into Danica's boat form. That is totally a Damn The Torpedoes shout out (The Best Boat)

Rlan

Ordered my copy a few days ago. Comes out 15th of November in Australia, and it's super cheap too. Hopefully I'll get it day-and-date.

denshuu

Has anyone been able to preorder the Bonus Edition from Gamestop? The ones I went to only had one SKU in their system.

what is sku?

"A stock-keeping unit or SKU is a number or code used to identify each unique product or item for sale in a store or other business."

just got email from amazon UK.

3DS version delayed till 7th Dec in Europe. Just checked and Vita version also delayed.

No surprise, as the US trailers and everything have been saying that handheld versions are out on December 11th for a while now.

UK DUDES THIS IS £24.99 ON AMAZON DOT CO DOT UK FOR PS3, VITA, 360 AND 3DS.

WII U IS £29.99!!!

NEXT GEN TAX IS GO!

I don't know about other systems, but it's been £24.99 for the 360 version on Amazon.co.uk for months. It's the limited edition too, with an extra track (OutRun!) and character.

A steal at that price.

OMG Aero

Does anyone know if there were any differences in quality between the 360 and PS3 versions of the previous game? I got the last one on 360 but since I no longer pay for Live I was thinking of getting this on PS3 instead so I can play online. I recall the PS3 versions of Sonic games usually having some minor issues that the 360 versions didn't so I was wondering if it was the same for All Stars Racing.
Okay that camera showing what your weapon is doing is pretty cool.

Malvingt2

Does anyone know if there were any differences in quality between the 360 and PS3 versions of the previous game? I got the last one on 360 but since I no longer pay for Live I was thinking of getting this on PS3 instead so I can play online. I recall the PS3 versions of Sonic games usually having some minor issues that the 360 versions didn't so I was wondering if it was the same for All Stars Racing.

Okay that camera showing what your weapon is doing is pretty cool.
yeah, I like that idea..

CamHostage

Eh, not necessarily, it's not at ALL uncommon for publishers to not give a single shit about its portable products even when they're good. There's nothing about the 3DS game either from SEGA's official site or its press coverage or PR. The little bit of material available on it comes from Nintendo's official site , where there are a few screens, and I imagine that's there because of some Nintendo submission requirement or else a very pesky and dedicated website manager (I've got a lot of respect for Nintendo.com these days for having more info and media for its products than even retail sites, plus none of that "whoops, that's the console version description, but oh well" crap in the description field... though now that I've said that, the text on the Sonic ASR Transformed 3DS listing might or might not be entirely accurate?)

PocketGamer did get a hands-on with the 3DS and Vita games (the only playtests of these versions I've seen, kudos PG!) but that looks like it came from a personal visit to Sumo Digital rather than any effort on SEGA's part (and notice that even in their hands-on, they were given no images of the products they were able to play.)

So, not that unusual. It's just another day for those of us living in the handheld gaming ghetto.

CamHostage

Noticed that there are no 3DS screens, I might as well post Nintendo's... though they're kind of crappy quality. The DS game was really nice-looking and moved lightning-fast, so I trust that in person these screens are only a taste.

Bayjt7ldYApX7vw-xTGmSwHyYgGHVdq3.jpg

OLX8Wkxk06a9XYs1RC9L1Yo7rp77U_LS.jpg

vAd0Mlp3yEL3kZ0wijqsql1AapAZGvUf.jpg

PocketGamer didn't say much about the performance of the Vita version, just that it was the same game as the console titles (including online,) so I'm going to assume it's probably pretty much just as you see it in screens/videos but with probably a lesser framerate and less track detail. The 3DS has been nerfed a bit in terms of modes (no Traffic Attack and some simplified modes to make it more kid-friendly, partly because they couldn't do it in the custom engine too and also probably partly because they couldn't afford to do extra modes while working on this splinter-version, as long as Sumo put that cut time into gameplay polish I'm happy.) Anybody else who can find more on the Vita or 3DS versions, please share because a few of us are most interested in these versions.

Seik

Banned
I'll get the WiiU version at launch I guess, the price is ridiculously low and it'll fun while I'm waiting for my NSMBU copy to get home.

adroit

eShop release? PLZ?
I asked about it but didn't get a response. Oh well. I'll buy it on disc if I have to. But having it instantly available like a giant WiiWare game (no disc swapping) would be pretty cool.

Edit: I just realized you might mean the 3DS version. I'm hoping for the Wii U version to be in the eShop too.

Rich!

I'll get the WiiU version at launch I guess, the price is ridiculously low and it'll fun while I'm waiting for my NSMBU copy to get home.

Yep. I found out that I can get a trade in price for it for near cost. So if it sucks, I lose nothing!

But it wont. It looks awesome.

Top Bottom