• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ill be there when i get home.

I would and I'd stake I listen to as many genres as you guys.
i don't doubt it. but i doubt that your alive, considering i don't know how you have the time to eat, is there anything you do besides listen to music? i kid i kid =P

Jitters

If I wanted to make my top 10 more eclectic, I could probably fit one in there without feeling like I had to try too hard, I guess.

coldvein

Banned
Would you guys have any of your hip-hop top 10 on your list for all genres of music?

probably like 1/3rd of my top ten would be hiphop, maybe 1/4 even. i listen to a lot of other music..

I purposefully left off atmosphere albums too free up room, otherwise when life gives toy lemons and god loves ugly would both take up a spot. And maybe strickly leakage and sevens travels as well.

4 out of your top 10 being atmosphere damn lol.

how would you rank those 4 albums? lemons being #1 obviously

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Em is exec producing Skylar Grey's album.

Literally the last person I'd want executively producing my album. Outside of Diddy, I guess.

That song is so goddamn corny though.. Skylar sold out. Lol @ all the phallic imagery in the video too.

List (no order):

De La Soul - Is Dead
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx
Prince Paul - Prince Amongst Thieves
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
M.I.A. - Kala

CRS

Literally the last person I'd want executively producing my album. Outside of Diddy, I guess.

That song is so goddamn corny though.. Skylar sold out. Lol @ all the phallic imagery in the video too.

Can someone like Skylar sell out?

coldvein

Banned
List (no order):

De La Soul - Is Dead
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx
Prince Paul - Prince Amongst Thieves
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
M.I.A. - Kala

ahhhh damn, i feel bad for leaving dizzee off my list. boy in da corner deserves a spot in my 10 .. showtime and maths + english are great too. just so hard to choose 10 albums..

CRS

hahahahahahahahahahhaha.

oh my god. that song.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's the official video?!

Hahahahahahahaha.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

If you hate making money then you'd be dead right

Esch

Banned
Never!

Posting from my phone

tumblr_lpflmlUm8h1qakh43o1_500.gif

overcast

Actually (this is directed at Siddx and Coldvein), I would say lemons is pretty easily Atmospheres best album. GLU is pretty damn great, but it didn't age quite as well.

effzee

What does executive producing really entail?

Anyway I know 50's album will suck but I like this new single because shocking news he seems to be trying! The hook sucks pretty bad.

What does executive producing really entail?

Anyway I know 50's album will suck but I like this new single because shocking news he seems to be trying! The hook sucks pretty bad.

Executive producers basically oversee the entire project and guide the artist in a certain direction. IMO "executive producer" in hip hop is basically what "producer" is in nearly every other genre of music; hip hop basically views producers as beat makers.

If Dr Dre executive produces your album he's going to craft a lot of the music, change production, etc. It's basically creative input

effzee

I guess in this case for Grey its mainly a marketing ploy. No way should Eminem produce her actual music considering his own production past and the fact it has nothing to do with the type of artist she is.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
probably like 1/3rd of my top ten would be hiphop, maybe 1/4 even. i listen to a lot of other music..

4 out of your top 10 being atmosphere damn lol.

how would you rank those 4 albums? lemons being #1 obviously

1. Lemons
2. Ugly
3. Sevens
4. Strickly Leakage

3 and 4 could switch.

If I was mixing them with other albums, it would be lemons at 1, GLU at 5ish, and the other two at 10 or just outside.
All those albums happened to come out at significant times in my life and had an impact on me like no other albums have. Which is why YCIHMFWH isn't a top 10 for me, even though it's a very good album, it came out when there was nothing going on my life and nothing to relate to.

Later than most, but whatever...

Top Ten (no order)

Deltron 3030- Deltron 3030
Organized Konfusion- Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Cunninlynguists- A Piece Of Strange
Cunninlynguists- Oneirology
Dr. Dre- 2001
Method Man & Redman- Blackout!
Redman- Malpractice
Snoop Dogg- Doggystyle
Ghostface Killah- Supreme Clientele
Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Tried not to overload on Wu, and Redman. Yeah, I left off some great albums from B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, Outkast, Ice Cube, ATCQ, Busta Rhymes, Masta Ace, Mobb Deep, etc. etc., but what it came down to was picking those albums that I always, always, seem to go back to when I have nothing new to play. Stuff that I can put on beginning to end at any time without skipping. Was a tough elimination process, but I think I'm alright with this.

obligatory moment where i post that "went from most hated to the champion god flow, i guess that's a feeling only me and lebron know" is the best line from that song.

coldvein

Banned

aw man he was dying for that to happen too...now i gotta go look up what did him in

i think he probably requested it, doesn't look like he's said anything crazy recently..

and yes .. midnight marauders. i heard that record at like every party i went to in highschool, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom