• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Trunk Muzik wasn't horrible just rather meh to me

MGK has a hungry feel to him when he raps

If you ain't listened to Lace Up you should give it a once over

I felt the same way about MGK until I listened to his studio album

my problem is that hungry feel sounds fake to me. He reminds me too much of one if my ex's little brothers who thought he was going to be a rapper and had a similar voice and appearance and just would never shut the fuck up and stop saying stupid shit. He was annoying as fuck and stupid as fuck and MGK unfortunately reminds me of him to a very large degree. Perhaps only superficially due to voice and facial similarities, but enough to make me want to hit him in the face with a shovel.

HiResDes

Now I took a different approach to this task then most of you, I just listed what I've been feeling lately without limits or restrictions.

KALo0.jpg
umOWU.jpg
8WFbb.jpg
dP3He.jpg
lJnq5.jpg
rbOcR.jpg
dkHns.jpg
pGRfQ.jpg
AkZ1W.jpg
0u9Z2.jpg

...Been bumping Kendrick's masterpiece a lot lately as well.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Catching up on old news again.

50 Cent/Eminem - My Life = 50 kills it. I ain't said that since GRODT. Eminem shows flashes of his old self and his new self.

TI/3k - I'm Sorry = Hate the beat. Hate it. TI seems too reserved. Like his heart wasn't really into it. 3K is on some real shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Catching up on old news again.

50 Cent/Eminem - My Life = 50 kills it. I ain't said that since GRODT. Eminem shows flashes of his old self and his new self.

TI/3k - I'm Sorry = Hate the beat. Hate it. TI seems too reserved. Like his heart wasn't really into it. 3K is on some real shit.
Kinda like that beat not the greatest but has a groove to it

Andre apologizing for being whack is classic

He pretty much only does ignorant music so basically you like he does

But he has corny "deep" shit like See my Tears.

I do like his ignorant stuff though. And Yelawolf is good with me because of Trunk Muzik. Everything since has been wack though.

My only experience with this dude was that one song with Diplo. I'll check more of his shit out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
But he has corny "deep" shit like See my Tears.

I do like his ignorant stuff though. And Yelawolf is good with me because of Trunk Muzik. Everything since has been wack though.

Every rapper does something like that

Damned if you do damned if you don't

Does he? I recall peterboy saying his album was in a different direction than what he expected. I haven't listened to it myself, but him saying that is the reason why I said that lol
it's a pretty solid album
The first step to fixing your shit is admitting it's broken in the first place.
Cracked me up

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just saying, when it comes to biting somebody's name, Sean "my name makes no goddamn sense until you know I was mentored by Jaz-O" Carter is the originator.

I mean Jay-Z is the GOAT of biting in Rap and taking claim for it like it is his. So realistically I expect him to eventually backtrack on all the stuff he said in the 90's and claim Jaz-O was never his mentor, That Dame had nothing to do with his rise in the industry, or that Nas was really his peer when he came out and not his idol.... Oh wait he's done all that already.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I mean Jay-Z is the GOAT of biting in Rap and taking claim for it like it is his so realistically I expect him to eventually backtrack on all the stuff he said in the 90's and claim Jaz-O was never his mentor and that Dame had nothing to do with his rise and that Nas was really his peer when he came out and not his idol.... Oh wait he's done all that already.

Ok, so, make another Hov.

Checkmate, anti-revisionists.

I mean Jay-Z is the GOAT of biting in Rap and taking claim for it like it is his. So realistically I expect him to eventually backtrack on all the stuff he said in the 90's and claim Jaz-O was never his mentor, That Dame had nothing to do with his rise in the industry, or that Nas was really his peer when he came out and not his idol.... Oh wait he's done all that already.

tumblr_m62da9tHUH1ryekk9o4_250.gif

preach my brother

PBY

Banned
HRD, you think The Hybrid is better than XXX? Not hating just curious. I like both, but I think XXX is narratively stronger.

Fjordson

Good list, HRD. Some interesting choices. Cold Vein is something that really expanded my hip-hop tastes. That and Deltron 3030 were some of the first big "underground" records I got into.

Fjordson

I like Cam'Ron for some reason. Or used to at least. He's goofy as fuck, but it's part of the appeal I guess :lol

Big reason is the production, though. Some of his older albums like Purple Haze had lots of dope beats.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why would you think that? Because you don't, you funny...
No, seriously. Back in HS, we used to laugh our asses off at their nonsense lyrics. A friend of mine was genuinely obsessed with them, though. Good production saved their asses, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom