• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should write a review about MW/COD.

"Minus: Its an FPS." because I see it as a minus. Sounds perfectly fine as a bullet point in a review to me.

That's different though since it's what the franchise has always been. This is when an established franchise completely switches to a game type that no one asked for, similar to how the banjo kazooie nuts and bolts was received. Not arguing if it should be a minus or not but it's not the same as that.

Hanmik

That's different though since it's what the franchise has always been. This is when an established franchise completely switches to a game type that no one asked for, similar to how the banjo kazooie nuts and bolts was received. Not arguing if it should be a minus or not but it's not the same as that.

.. thanks.!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That's different though since it's the franchise has always been. This is when an established franchise completely switches to a game type that no one asked for, similar to how the banjo kazooie nuts and bolts was received. Not arguing if it should be a minus or not but it's not the same as that.

I can sort of see what you are getting at, but in the end it still comes down to "I dont like/didnt expect genre X so its a minus for me", which has nothing to do with proper impressions as its says nothing about the quality of the game. If you dont like the genre you are going to review, then why not letting someone review it who actually knows a bit about the genre?

I review music and I wouldnt touch a Metal record with a ten foot pole because I have no fucking clue how to rate it, since I have no experience with the genre. Writing a metal review and then saying "God damn is this noise shit loud and I cant fucking understand anything", basically saying "Nope, metal sucks" is NOT something that should be in a review.

In the case of Fight for Fortune, make it clear in the opening paragraph that its not what you'd expect and then rate it on its own merits. You can still express your wonder and surprise about the different genre, but outright declaring a genre as a minus is just plain stupid.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why did no one tell me that Dead or Alive 5 is coming to Vita?

It truly is the handheld for fighting games.

We got a huge thread full of "Vita has no games", " lolz Hayashit and his ninja dogs minions,all hailz lord Itakagi sama" and "it should be 1:1 with console version or no buy even when Vita is less powerful" and "meh it will be shit like MK Vita port because Marvel vs Capcom and PS all stars great Vita ports don't count"

you missed all the fun.

Hanmik

In the case of Fight for Fortune, make it clear in the opening paragraph that its not what you'd expect and then rate it on its own merits. You can still express your wonder and surprise about the different genre, but outright declaring a genre as a minus is just plain stupid.

see a review is meant to be read.. not just the bulletpoints.. read the review, I write why I think Uncharted isn´t fit for a card game.
and btw. I like Card games.

We got a huge thread full of "Vita has no games", " lolz Hayashit and his ninja dogs minions,all hailz lord Itakagi sama" and "it should be 1:1 with console version or no buy even when Vita is less powerful" and "meh it will be shit like MK Vita port because Marvel vs Capcom and PS all starts great Vita ports don't count"

you missed all the fun.

I know you didn't say it, so it's not directed at you, but what the fuck?
MK on Vita is fantastic. They pretty much made it 1:1 with the console by making the textures/models scaled down... And it's not like it's terrible in motion either -- only during the close ups pre/post fight do I ever really notice and think "man, these models are pretty bad". o_O

PSO2 comes out in a couple months, so I guess the graphics are pretty much finalized. It's basically as the director promised, which was the PC game on "Low" settings.

To anyone who's played the closed beta on Vita: how is the draw distance? That's much more important from a playability perspective than sub-native resolution or N64 level textures.

As long as the framerate's stable and the UI is clean and legible, the game should still be 2013's portable GOTY anyway.

Closed beta on Vita hasn't even started yet.

Also, lol at alpha version pc screenshots last page

Twinduct

I'll get a 32 stick once we have folders. I don't like dealing with so many screens .. I also hate wasting screen space and bite down hard every time I see someone posting a screenshot and only using like 3 spots for stuff.

OmegaZero

See what happens when you skip the cult meetings.

I beg forgiveness from the Vitabrohood.

Even got its news thread!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502236

Thanks Takao for ensuring that the news isnt buried in this thread :)

Awesome, thanks.
I have no idea how I missed this either.

We got a huge thread full of "Vita has no games", " lolz Hayashit and his ninja dogs minions,all hailz lord Itakagi sama" and "it should be 1:1 with console version or no buy even when Vita is less powerful" and "meh it will be shit like MK Vita port because Marvel vs Capcom and PS all stars great Vita ports don't count"

you missed all the fun.

How did I miss it when it's in every Vita/Ninja Gaiden thread? :b

wilflare

I'll get a 32 stick once we have folders. I don't like dealing with so many screens .. I also hate wasting screen space and bite down hard every time I see someone posting a screenshot and only using like 3 spots for stuff.

that 32GB needs a pricedrop.

unrelated note.
high price to combat piracy.. may work.. but it really "hurts" genuine customers :/

but folders essentially opens another screen, isn't it

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation patch is alive. ver1.02 (26mb)

Not in the US? I don't see anything in the Live Area about it.

Oh, wait, just popped up.

RAPTORJESUSCAMP.gif

Time to finish the game!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Patch notes for AC 1.02:

SP
1. Fixed Save game corruption issues
2. Fixed issue where game exits to Ubi logo
3. Fixed instances of music stopping under specfic circumstances
4. Fixes time based stat tracking
5. Minor japanese trophy text fixes

MP
6. Fixed an issue where a new agent wouldnt put up in the roster upon levelling up
7. Fixed minor sound issues
8. Balancing: Attacking victory node with remote attack power up improved
9. Balancing: Geolocation bonus pack tweaked

Sort of boggles my mind that someone cares enough about a click-to-win MP mode to tweak the balancing in a patch.

Shahed

Perfect timing for the AC patch. I was just wondering what game I should play, and contemplating whether I should switch to my US account.

I know what I'll play now

EDIT : Is the patch only live in the US? Can't see it here in the UK

so not sure if this is service related, but I thought I'd ask..

Whats the cheapest way to get a Vita? My screen cracked in bookbag during my commute and I just feel so lost... Help!

Sony offered to replace it for $130 and Gamestop wont take it as a cracked screen is beyond their means for a defective trade in.

Toma

Whats the cheapest way to get a Vita? My screen cracked in bookbag during my commute and I just feel so lost... Help!

Sony offered to replace it for $130 and Gamestop wont take it as a cracked screen is beyond their means for a defective trade in.

I guess 130$ is cheaper than getting a new Vita atm. Although you could wait for another sale to pop up, but even then... the Amazon sale was $170 including a Vita game, so even if you sell that $130 is still cheaper.

marrec

Banned

That's the cheapest right there.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I used to play a fair bit of PSO on the Dreamcast, tempted to get it for the Vita. How important is it to have friends playing? As I remember on the Dreamcast it was always with random people for me, but the online aspect of gaming has changed a lot since those days.
There's solo play and this time you can bring along NPC's of your friends, but just like in PSO everything goes a lot smoother and faster if you have real people with you.

This is pso2 pc, just saying :p
phantasy_star_online_2_19.jpg
phantasy_star_online_2_28.jpg

PC version looks much better than those alpha shots, even in low settings.

DBT85

Well turns out you can't view the patch release notes for games now with plus automatically downloading patches :-(

Feels like one step forward and two steps back. It downloaded a patch for When Vikings Attack and I have no idea what it does. Can somebody with the game and without Plus check?

FYI you can still see all patch notes from all game and 3rd party app patches at any time.

Go into bubble layout and background selection mode (hold your finger on a bubble for a few seconds)
Then press the ... on one of the bubbles and then click on Update History. That will then list every patch and all the notes that came with it.

I don't know why they don't have separate sub forums for each company. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and PC etc... Weird.

Sub forums are the death of forums. Many people start a new forum and have 25 different sub forums. I might make a post in the one for the PS3 about say COD being difficult for example. Someone who might actually have been able to help but won't ever see it because they never check that forum.

GAF is one of the few boards that understands that keeping everything contained in a limited number of sections is best for the life of the forum. More people see every thread which means you are more likely to get more replies and better discussion.

A forum that starts off with one or two boards and then splits it up too much will go from being a great close community to being very spread out and quiet.

wilflare

How so?

Ooooh yeah.

make it less accessible to everyone out there. less access = lowered risks of piracy. I am really just over-generalising.

a high-priced proprietary memory card provides more barriers to entry (to hackers, as well as everyone else) than the conventional memory card. (but I guess to a determined hacker, it makes no difference).

but i guess the moment 3rd Party memory cards appear, this "argument" is pretty much moot.

marrec

Banned
make it less accessible to everyone out there. less access = lowered risks of piracy. I am really just over-generalising.

a high-priced proprietary memory card provides more barriers to entry (to hackers, as well as everyone else) than the conventional memory card. (but I guess to a determined hacker, it makes no difference).

but i guess the moment 3rd Party memory cards appear, this "argument" is pretty much moot.

The only part of that is the proprietary part. High-price only makes your profit margins bigger. The problem is that you can make something as proprietary as possible, but if someone wants to hack it then it will eventually be hacked.

Toma

Nice going AC. new patch, new bug:

Screen stays black, although I can move around the map. Happened when buying the last dressing chamber, only way I found to fix it was to restart the memory. Guess if you have more than 1 dressing chamber left and you still need the dressing chamber achievement, this could be highly annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Screen stays black, although I can move around the map. Happened when buying the last dressing chamber, only way I found to fix it was to restart the memory. Guess if you have more than 1 dressing chamber left and you still need the dressing chamber achievement, this could be highly annoying.

So, simply remove the patch, get the dressing room, get a checkpoint. Repatch then?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Actually that happened to me pre-patch and I circumvented it by blindly walking into a mission marker.

marrec

Banned

That was happening to me before this patch, I posted about it in this thread. I had to finish that memory sequence and then was able to buy the Dressing Chamber without issue.

Carl

Magic! :p

Toma

Actually that happened to me pre-patch and I circumvented it by blindly walking into a mission marker.

That was happening to me before this patch, I posted about it in this thread. I had to finish that memory sequence and then was able to buy the Dressing Chamber without issue.

Ah okay thanks guys.

marrec

Banned
Ah okay thanks guys.

I rebought the Chamber like, 6 times just to make sure that was what was causing the bug, and then attempted to do what IN did and walk blindly to the next mission marker, but it was a 'remain hidden' mission and it was impossible. :(

It was unfortunate too because it was right at the end of that certain type of gameplay session you can only get from Assassin's Creed where you amase enough wealth that you can just roll around synchronizing view-points and buying shops. I love doing that in Ass Creed because the traversal is so fun, but then I ran into that bug and it just killed the joy for me for that session. :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There's solo play and this time you can bring along NPC's of your friends, but just like in PSO everything goes a lot smoother and faster if you have real people with you.

PC version looks much better than those alpha shots, even in low settings.
For a fair comparison similar shots are needed, for this reason i posted those 2 screens, because they show the same monsters that are present in the vita screens ;)
The pc version is obviously better, but even in your screenshots the game doesn't look so hot or really far away from the vita version imo.

Toma

Manual uploads seem broken for me right now, actually. I get an error message and it says I have no space.

How much space do you have left on the memory card? Someone said there is a bug that uses the amount of memcard free space as a check for the online space. If you clear a bit of space, you can still upload as usual.

How much space do you have left on the memory card? Someone said there is a bug that uses the amount of memcard free space as a check for the online space. If you clear a bit of space, you can still upload as usual.

How can I set it to take care of this automatically? Your suggestion worked, I think (so thank you)

Velcro Fly

Played the first few chapters of Gravity Rush last night. It was pretty fun.

Going to download Uncharted now. Never played an Uncharted game before so I don't know what to expect or if I'm going to be super lost on the story. I'm honestly just looking for something fun to play to hold me over until P4G for Christmas and probably a couple other games too.

Definitely loving the YouTube app too. I can take my Vita to bed, watch a youtube video or two, and go to sleep. Not really something I counted on being useful, but I'm glad it is there!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Golden Abyss is a prequel, so don't worry about missing out on the story or characters. :)

Carl

All Uncharted games have a stand-alone story anyway so you've no need to worry on that front. All games make sense within their own merits.

Spwn

Going to download Uncharted now. Never played an Uncharted game before so I don't know what to expect or if I'm going to be super lost on the story. I'm honestly just looking for something fun to play to hold me over until P4G for Christmas and probably a couple other games too.

No worries, it's a totally self-contained story with different cast apart from Drake and another main-character. If you're ever going to play the Uncharted trilogy (and if you like GA, I definitely recommend you do), GA leaves a couple of questions unanswered that may or may not bother you.

Skyzard

Banned
I hope 64GB with folder support is on its way soon, 32 isn't enough - I even remember reading an article back in february that said they knew UK downloaded quite a lot digitally and that they were trying to get larger sizes out there [edit: although the 32 was still not available at the time]

Still have loads of games I want to put on but will have to wait. I'm like 12GB short for things that I already have. Shame switching between my 32 and the 16 currently ruins the customisation.
At least there is a bit more flexibility now and I've got mostly healthy screens, not too much empty space (I read how that upsets some of you :p).

I still can't put on the GTAs, GoW, Puddle, Modnation:RT (as if actually) Dissidia, ZHP, Prinny 2, Loco Roco 2, couple of racings games...final fantasies, gex games, g-police and some other stuff I want on there but it's not too shabby now!:

eRb2i.jpg

kG4CT.jpg

jq8dI.jpg
<--This screen has my 3 retail games

yVDkb.jpg

jCCbT.jpg

AlZFZ.jpg

Y9ZH7.jpg

hyQFe.jpg

o09bc.jpg

bVdsn.jpg

Status