• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

antitrop

Do itttttt. Or just get it on 360/PS3 if you have either console.

I originally played Bioshock 2 at release on 360, because I didn't have a proper gaming PC.

Somewhere along the line I picked up Bioshock 1/2 in a Steam bundle sale and I would prefer to play Minerva's Den in the greatest way possible. First I have to install BS2 on Steam...

beastmode

That sounds really, really douchy.
There was also something about purchases supporting how employees are treated.

Of course not, they were not a part of it and people are saying that it is better than the work that they were a part of.
Who said they didn't work on Infinite?

Link?

A project such as Infinite has a lot of toes. I don't want to derail the thread, but the mass exodus at Irrational wasn't without reason.
Nah. Last thing I would want is anyone being too scared to speak their mind because of a forum controversy.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bioshock 2 gets a lot of shit, but I still consider it worth playing. There's a lot of decent ideas and interesting sandbox-y design in there that is super fun and still kind of rare nowadays.

So I've encountered a really annoying bug twice on my first playthrough. Whenever there's a part of the story where you have to kill enemies before advancing, one enemy remains and they're stuck in a wall or something. I've had to replay segments twice in order to advance. Really annoying as some were difficult.

I finished this.

On some Calvino tip for real.

Whatever its faults and shortcomings mechanically, that's one of the most impressive narrative feats in a videogame I've ever seen. I guessed bits and pieces of it, but the whole thing... fuck.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Probably the shortest shooter I have ever played... all I did was throw a baseball at some people I've never met, got an achievement saying "Freedom Defender" and then the credits rolled.

Not worth $60.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Probably the shortest shooter I have ever played... all I did was throw a baseball at some people I've never met, got an achievement saying "Freedom Defender" and then the credits rolled.

Not worth $60.

WAT

The game took me 18 hours and so many little and big moments left a huge impression on me. I have no idea what game you played.

Man, I'm replaying on 1999 mode and I have to say I feel for anybody that started with 1999 and was frustrated/didn't like the combat. I just got to
the Hall of Heroes
and I would be annoyed and frustrated as hell if I didn't know that better combat was coming. I've spent 90% of the time ducking and hiding behind walls taking potshots simply because if I don't I'm dead. I'm pretty sure I've already died more times than I did total on my Hard playthrough.

So now I totally see and sympathize with everybody not feeling the combat at the beginning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WAT

The game took me 18 hours and so many little and big moments left a huge impression on me. I have no idea what game you played.
He's joking...

B33

Banned

Not worth $60.

You almost got me.

Almost.

Has this been posted yet?
vltpNlo.jpg

I never found her bothersome, mainly because I needed every $1 medkit or salt she could find in some of the tougher sections on hard mode

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everytime 'Liz tossed coins to me, I did the same "grab" gesture in real life, perfectly timed with Booker.

crossed the finish line! 17 hours on hard mode. Found it suitably challenging for me.

Mind is blown at that ending and make sure you watch the credits.

I finished this.

Whatever its faults and shortcomings mechanically, that's one of the most impressive narrative feats in a videogame I've ever seen. I guessed bits and pieces of it, but the whole thing... fuck.

Holy shit. The ending has the Shake Approval.

It's going to be a long week to get to this ending.

My weapon stats keep on resetting so I don't get those weapon trophies. 19/20 rpg kills but it always resets back to 0. Why is it glitched?

MormaPope

Banned
I beat it a few days ago, and I'm still thinking about the entire game and ending, a game hasn't resonated with me like this for a long time, maybe even ever.

I finished this.

Your Calvino comparison has me grinning ear-to-ear. Join us in the spoiler thread.

Ein Bear

Still on a BioShock high... Maybe now's the right time to give BS2 a chance. Don't think its reception here was that great, but is it still worth playing through?

I actually enjoyed BS2 more than the first one, it's a great game. Though, to be honest, I didn't really like the original BioShock very much anyway.

heytred

Neo Member
Just bought the Bioshock and Bioshock 2 combo and started to replay through the original. I'm really seeing a lot of potential parallels with Infinite. It's incredibly interesting.

Gasped a little when
that auction for jobs ended and that one man beat up the other to get it.
Yeesh. Taking my time and exploring the surrounding area.

t-ramp

Last night I got to the point where I enter
Comstock House
and then immediately have to go (back) to
Lady Comstock's memorial
. Emporia could use a couple checkpoints. No saves for probably close to 45 minutes of exploring is irritating.

Took me forever to figure out how to board the first
zeppelin
as well.

I arrived at
Emporia
and I felt the game felt underwhelming since
Booker and Elizabeth seperated up until now, the whole industrial parts felt a bit tedious. Going in and out of portals, go to Gun smith 3 times in 3 different worlds,
ugh.

Dead

well not really...yet
~14 hours, 70/80 voxophones

Mouth agape for the final 30 minutes. Amazing and jaw dropping finale, once
Elizabeth opened the tear to Rapture, I literally gasped, I honestly didn't expect that. And everything after that...fuck
. Aside from a few frustrating enemy encounters, then again I did play on hard, the game was stunning in nearly category. Easily one of the top 5 games of the past 10 years.

So excited for the DLC, so many possibilities.

DukeBobby

I arrived at
Emporia
and I felt the game felt underwhelming since
Booker and Elizabeth seperated up until now, the whole industrial parts felt a bit tedious. Going in and out of portals, go to Gun smith 3 times in 3 different worlds,
ugh.

You're past the part that most people seem to dislike. I absolutely love the game, and even I thought it dragged a little.

Don't worry, things are only just starting to heat up.

I just
boarded the first lady
. Am I past the halfway mark?

Nope, I'd say you're about 35-40% into the game.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game a few hours ago. Damn, the plot in this game is incredible. Gameplay wise though this game is pretty fun. I thought the shooting was more fun than it was in either BioShock 1 or 2, although upgraded Murder of Crows and Repeater + Hand Cannon basically annihilates everything in your path.

Also this game is LONG. I mean damn, the game kept going every time I thought I was close to the end. I love it though, I'm all for games with long single player campaigns.

Top Bottom