• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic with remastered soundtrack, time attack, widescreen announced for iOS/Android

Can someone get some better screenshots?

HTC One
TMG6bki.png

fHjBVD5.png

XRL59a2.jpg

bxEdGDF.jpg

wA7VPaH.jpg

sfa3hugo

You did this using the buttons on the Xperia Play? And where do you do this cause if you touch the Sonic 1 title screen it starts the game.

Yeah, I was using the control pad and buttons. I don't now how to access it with the touch screen controls.

I think one of the boxes gave me all the emeralds because the next time I played a bonus stage and got the emerald it gave me all 7 of them (there's an option in the debug/level select menu for 6 or 7 emeralds as well). This unlocks super sonic and I can do the Sonic 3 double jump air slash move. The element shields are available in the stages as well. It gave me the water bubble in most of the labyrinth zone, and the lightning shield to use against eggman in act 3. I think they just replace the regular ring protector monitors.

It might be my wonky jumping but the GHZ eggman can not take damage until he starts swinging his ball and chain, stops you getting those 5-6 early hits in, but I might have just missed due to the widescreen and me falling off the platform twice at the beginning.

Definitely seems to be the case that you can't hit him until he is in position, oh well no more early hits.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Does anyone knows if the 3DS version is the same of this?

They are totally different. The iOS/Android one is running on Taxman's engine, which is a native application. The 3DS one is a quasi-emulation deal done by M2.

I grabbed the Android version and I've played a few stages with my Xperia Play. It's awesome. 60fps, no slowdown, none of the music channels cut out for sound effects.

I also accessed the level select and debug mode using the old code and it works. It's got options for turning speed dash on/off, Sonic 1 spike death, limit air speed, limit ground speed. Also, there are monitors available in the debug mode for the 3 sonic 3 ring protectors (lightning, fire, water bubble), chaos emeralds, and Super Sonic.

I tried to grab some screenshots but whenever I try it goes into the menu. You can still make it out though.

Can someone get some better screenshots?

2ediIKq.png

qMjpt3C.png

I tried this on the Wii Remote. I got the level select, but not the debug mode.

Edit: I got the debug mode working, but I can't duplicate sprites for some reason.

The game's already a treat, but enabling debug just shows off all sorts of little wonderful touches.
Placing mixes of monitors from Sonic 1, 2, and 3, including all the effects. enabling the 7th emerald and Super forms for everybody
, but there's more than that. Little, clever stuff like
including a deleted enemy, and the Goggles. Which do nothing. (Okay, they take a hit like a shield. Edit: Whoops, they do actually add to the time you can stay underwater.)

Oh, and if you use debug to cheat away from falling down for the cinema before Scrap Brain Act 3, and go over to Eggman's side, he'll actually react to you attacking him (or when he hurts you). I don't think you can defeat him, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could.

There's even codes to enable the hidden Japanese credits (remade), and to switch Tails' name to Miles, like in Sonic 2 (and I believe 3?). It's a love letter to classic Sonic, even exceeding his work on Sonic CD.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just noticed, but all of the Sonic games on Android / iOS are on sale for $1. Now's a great time to pick this one up.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I picked up Sonic 1 and it is as good a port as Sonic CD.

This is cool. Shame it's shit to control due to the nature of the hardware. Nicely made conversion though :)

On Android you have options: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00932N46S/?tag=neogaf0e-20
31vcZSIjD1L.jpg

A cable like that will let you plug in practically any controller that works with a PC.

Top Bottom