• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

I don't know why racing games don't just have fully adjustable chase camera height/distance options in the menu. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Colin McRae Rally 2 on PSone is the only console racer I've played that has had these options. They definitely need to return to all console racing games.

In Evos we Trust

Rushy

How many cars on track does this game support?
12 cars on track at once.

DriveClub uses dynamic global illumination according to the internets (google)
That is correct.

Hey mate, any confirmation that my Logitech G27 will work with the game on PS4??
We're aiming to support any wheel that supports the PS4.

Also, does DC have point to point and what is the number of cars on track?
Yes point to point tracks do feature.

I'm sure they will fix or improve the chase cam but I like the dash cam the best.
The chase cam changes angle as you hit corners
The chase cam does indeed adjust it height relative to the track ahead, but as everything you see in the video its all work in progress and we'll be looking make improvements across the board as we head towards release.

Cool. Yer also Evolution Patched in G27 support into MS:Apocalypse. So its not like they don't have the SDK...
We had the PS3 SDK, which is of no use on the PS4.

Great video. Love the sky box in this video and it seems to have motion blur
There is motion blur, but the facebook compression seems to hide it pretty well.

Kane1345

That is correct.

The chase cam does indeed adjust it height relative to the track ahead, but as everything you see in the video its all work in progress and we'll be looking make improvements across the board as we head towards release.

There is motion blur, but the facebook compression seems to hide it pretty well.

Thanks for the answers Rushy, really appreciate it. Also appreciate that night time footage is coming according to the facebook responses. Can't wait to see the finished product. Come on Nov 29th! (15th for you lucky yanks xD)

I love all the smaller challenges in this game. Reminds me of MotorStorm RC which I played the crap out of last year. I'm definitely pumped that everyone with PS+ will be getting this game in some capacity so it'll be easier to convince friends to try it out.

Rushy, if you're still hanging around, what are some other challenges we might see in the game aside from the ones in this demo (drifting, top speed, lap time)?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
While Rushy is still here: Is the avatar that's driving your car customizable, and will it be involved in all the social shenanigans? Also, is it possible to make custom car designs, decals and whatnot?

You missed one Rushy:

And how about the environment setup, is it the same as WRC:

tv2013082119224700ohumz.jpg

Can we move the barriers to make our own routes?

Have Evo dabbled with Google Maps for user in-game track creation?

darkwing

That is correct.

that's it, going to upgrade to a full version even though I have PS+

Socky

Is it my imagination or are we seeing the lighting going from clouded to full sunlight and back throughout the race? Watch 1:25> and you can see the car shadow go from partially to fully defined and track shadows becoming clearer. Is this the lighting being affected by the cloud cover, because it certainly looks like it?

I'm sure they will fix or improve the chase cam but I like the dash cam the best.
Agreed - the dash cam is perfect for me.

Improves your LUCK stat.
With my driving that would be welcome!

Rushy my question is what version do we buy in order to ensure your studio is compensated as much as possible for the hard work? One of the retail versions, the digital version, or the upgrade for the PS+ version? I've always been the type to reward with my wallet developers that produce the games I want to play, and you guys have been right up there over the years.

Socky

While Rushy is still here: Is the avatar that's driving your car customizable, and will it be involved in all the social shenanigans?
Previously it was said, by the devs I believe, that avatars were selectable and somewhat customisable. I believe it was posted in one of the FB video threads and quoted a few pages back.

Vol5

Is it my imagination or are we seeing the lighting going from clouded to full sunlight and back throughout the race? Watch 1:25> and you can see the car shadow go from partially to fully defined and track shadows becoming clearer. Is this the lighting being affected by the cloud cover, because it certainly looks like it?

Agreed - the dash cam is perfect for me.

With my driving that would be welcome!

If you watch the e3 footage I'm pretty sure you can see the sunlight roll along the hills and over the track. It's not as pronounced in the GC footage

That is correct.

Thanks for the answers! 12 cars on track, point to point, night racing, ability to switch off HUD, it's sounding great.

One thing that is really bothering me is the size of the hands on the wheel, and the length of the arms. They are really small, it makes it seem like a child is driving the car. And the low angled view in the cockpit doesn't help either

Xanadu

Banned
One thing that is really bothering me is the size of the hands on the wheel, and the length of the arms. They are really small, it makes it seem like a child is driving the car. And the low angled view in the cockpit doesn't help either

i kind of agree, not as bad as test drive unlimited though lol

velociraptor

You mean upgrade, or buying the boxed version? I know I'm doing the latter despite having PS+ as well.
I think the PS+ version is quite enticing. No need to swap games in the disc drive, and it looks like Driveclub will be extensively supported with post launch DLC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think the PS+ version is quite enticing. No need to swap games in the disc drive, and it looks like Driveclub will be extensively supported with post launch DLC.

Definitely PS+ or digital. If the multiplayer is as active as motorstorm RC, it'll be the perfect game to have ready to launch immediately.

jet1911

I think it's the FOV that is a bit too small.

nib95

Banned

That is correct.

Awesome. Thanks Rushy. Also, I may be mistaken but I think that makes DriveClub the first ever racing game to use dynamic global illumination. Pretty cool.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Somehow that doesn't make me feel optimistic about my G27. :-/

It's moved. The difference between those two races is 3 hours (6pm and 9pm)

The trick in your images is that we know the sun is top left in the first pic because of shadow, but in the bottom pic the sun is where the orange clouds are, and you've been tricked by the contrast between the trees and the white cloud top left as it being the sun.

From the other end of the track.

6pm

DC_6pm.jpg

9pm

DC_9pm.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. That is really impressive.

Top Bottom