• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

orioto

Good Art™
I have 3 gifs:

6Lz8.gif

9Ma9.gif

0Cn1.gif

This should be showed to illustrate the difference between Forza and DC.

Zephyrus

Banned
The ghost avatar is your PSN avatar, but your club logo can be customised as can your car liveries.

We haven't.

Lighting is affected by cloud cover yes.

There are lots of ways to buy DRIVECLUB but my 'recommendation' would be the full Digital Edition from the PlayStation Store.

It will and the rate of change of time of day can be adjusted in various modes.

Just a bug ;) In-car dashes will reflect the time of day.

We are actively liaising with all wheel manufacturers with the intent to support a wide range of wheels, as it is a great way to play the game, but the more consumer pressure on manufacturers the better as ultimately support does rely on them initially. So kudos to Thrustmaster.

Can't wait for this game and will support you guys by buying the full game. But I gotta ask. Will we see a new motorstorm in the future? I've bought all 4 of them and love them, but I hope you go back to motorstorm and to the death valley tracks. The first one is my favorite of them all. Best tracks and best soundtrack.

KOHIPEET

Can't wait for this game and will support you guys by buying the full game. But I gotta ask. Will we see a new motorstorm in the future? I've bought all 4 of them and love them, but I hope you go back to motorstorm and to the death valley tracks. The first one is my favorite of them all. Best tracks and best soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure that they've already said they're thinking about it. I'll try to find that tweet, or that article.

By the way I have to agree with you. Motorstorm games, (especially the first one) had that fun sense of overwhelming chaos, something which no other car game has.

Imagine it on PS4 with 24 players, soft-body crash physics, destruction and time of day in a circular canyon of madness!

Edit: Here's the article:
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/evolution_could_return_to_motorstorm_in_the_future.html

"completely focused on Driveclub" before adding, "but that's not say that we won't return to MotorStorm in the future".

12 cars on track at once.

That is correct.

We're aiming to support any wheel that supports the PS4.

Yes point to point tracks do feature.

The chase cam does indeed adjust it height relative to the track ahead, but as everything you see in the video its all work in progress and we'll be looking make improvements across the board as we head towards release.

We had the PS3 SDK, which is of no use on the PS4.

There is motion blur, but the facebook compression seems to hide it pretty well.

Oooh boy. It gets better and better.

Even with 30fps the feeling of speed is great, and it looks better and better, as long as they have a good variety of tracks and cars this will be a must buy for me.

Damn, in that gif, the section of the track is the same, yet it looks different in each gif just because of lighting conditions... awesome!

Also, 12 cars on track at the same time sounds really good.

magawolaz

Doesn't seem you can keep the full upgrade: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/20/driveclub-pre-order-offers-and-cover-art-revealed/
But let’s not forget the incredible offer available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, allowing you to instantly become part of the DRIVECLUB community. Offered within the Instant Game Collection, with no need to pre-order, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition gives you an exciting selection of cars across all five classes, beautiful locations and exciting race tracks featured that you can play in all game modes, but does not include all DRIVECLUB content unless you upgrade.

And for those of you who play the DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, but want to extend your experience and get access to all the cars, locations, challenges, events and seasons DRIVECLUB has to offer, you can buy an upgrade to the full game – or just buy individual items as you go along. If you do decide to upgrade, everything you’ve earned so far will be carried over. Note that DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (and any upgrades) is only available for use during the period of your PlayStation Plus membership.

I guess this upgrade is cheaper than the full game, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to upgrade for full price while being tied to PS+

Doesn't seem you can keep the full upgrade: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/20/driveclub-pre-order-offers-and-cover-art-revealed/

I guess this upgrade is cheaper than the full game, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to upgrade for full price while being tied to PS+

That sucks:(.
I assume/hope this means people who buy the DLC won't be able to access it, if it is the full game it is annoying.
I guess it makes sense though...

I'd use the PS+ edition as a trial and buy it at retail/download it if this is right.
RUSHY. WE NEED CLARIFICATION! :)

Ozorov

You can. In fact, that's the way Rushy recommended people buy it.

Sweet, guess I'll do it that way then. I Hope the price on PSN is equal with retail prices. Havent been on either Xbox live or PSN the last five years or so so dunno how they usually do.

If you get a PS+ subscription and cancel a few months down the line, do the PS+ games you've downloaded no longer function?

Yes.
The service rewards people who have been subscribing for a long time (I've been subbed since 2010 so I'd lose loads).

If you kept them it wouldn't be financially viable, as you'd be getting a ridiculous deal.

BigDug13

If you get a PS+ subscription and cancel a few months down the line, do the PS+ games you've downloaded no longer function?

Free PS+ games will not function, but they will still be there available in your download list as soon as you resubscribe. But anything that costs money, like PS+ discounted games, and upgrading the PS+ Driveclub edition to a regular edition would make the game fully yours whether or not you keep PS+.

Mifune

Mehmber
Free PS+ games will not function, but they will still be there available in your download list as soon as you resubscribe. But anything that costs money, like PS+ discounted games, and upgrading the PS+ Driveclub edition to a regular edition would make the game fully yours whether or not you keep PS+.

I don't think the bolded is true. If you upgrade your PS+ version, you have to stay a PS+ member to keep the upgrades.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I know this doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but can you pay PS+ with Paypal or Credit Card only? If it's the second, I gotta prepare.

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but can you pay PS+ with Paypal or Credit Card only? If it's the second, I gotta prepare.

You can buy PS+ in stores/PSN codes in stores.
Not sure about Paypal, you should be able to buy it via an online retailer using paypal.

Steroyd

Note the text inbetween your bolds, from what I understood was that if you bought a car or two for you Driveclub PS+ edition and then let your PS+ expire you lose the game despite buying those individual cars, but if you upgrade from the Driveclub PS+ edition to Driveclub full, you've effectively bought the game at a discounted price.

avaya

They really need to sort out the UI, it is fucking horrendous.

Sony made the right call and not attaching the GT name to this game, dodged a bullet there.

Still looks good though.

This is slowly transforming from "Well, no wonder it's a free PS+ game" to "Oh wow... that's a PS+ game?"

Shouldn't have doubted Evolution. Keep up the good work.

Afrikan

This is slowly transforming from "Well, no wonder it's a free PS+ game" to "Oh wow... that's a PS+ game?"

Shouldn't have doubted Evolution. Keep up the good work.

we'll be back to this situation for Motorstorm PS4 in a couple of years.

someone on gaf - "OMG why does it look like that???? NO BUY!!!!"

us who know EVO - "um, we've gone through this with Motorstorm 1, 2, and 3....and DriveClub... DON'T WORRY"

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They really need to sort out the UI, it is fucking horrendous.

Sony made the right call and not attaching the GT name to this game, dodged a bullet there.

Still looks good though.

Gt hardly has a great UI. Unless you mean the HUD (I don't think we've seen much of the actual driveclub UI)

Protome

Are all the screenshots being posted from the Facebook videos?
Because damn that compression is awful. I hope we get some good videos soon to actually see the graphical fidelity of the game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Everyone loves Magical Trevor
But that HUD that he made, isn't so clever
We wish that he would, tone down the HUD
A bit less HUD, would be very good

(I think Trevor and rushy already commented you can adjust that quite a lot. I quite like it)

KOHIPEET

In one of these footages with the Maserati, I think I actually saw the lighting change as a huge cloud blocked out the sun.

This dynamic global illumination system combined with a dynamic weather system will do wonders on our screen.

(If they implement dynamic weather)

Top Bottom