• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Uq9BgTI.png

Seanspeed

Banned
Its not gonna look photorealistic. We've seen enough from the other footage to know that. It looks a lot like the general 'style' of previous Forza's, just with much better fidelity.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
new silverstone and alps are nice to have. hope we get better media today and some screens to go with it.

helios/badned, drop me a frickin bone though. is positano returning or not?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
T10 really need to completely drop the engine they've been using since FM1.

They have become far too comfortable with it and blind to it's obvious problems.

p.s Dan also did make a the pretty big claim of orange peel and "imperfections" being rendered in real time on the track and not just Autovista.

We will have to wait until November 22nd to know the truth (I highly doubt it given T10s history).

Its not gonna look photorealistic. We've seen enough from the other footage to know that. It looks a lot like the general 'style' of previous Forza's, just with much better fidelity.

I think they're going to end up having to go that way one day. I really love the artistic style of Forza, but people just assume it's because they can't do photorealism and it'll always count against them.

LeBoef

They have become far too comfortable with it and blind to it's obvious problems.

what do you mean by that? bit more specific please.
i think the physics engine is always "optimized".

graphics engine? dont see the problems o_O
at least i am not aware of major problems

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
what do you mean by that? bit more specific please.
i think the physics engine is always "optimized".

graphics engine? dont see the problems o_O
at least i am not aware of major problems

Meant Graphics engine. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

And I'm talking about the complete lack of a real time global light engine which they obviously aren't doing because the engine can't support it at all or remotely efficiently.

The black blob of doom under the cars.

Top down environment to car shadow mapping.

Obvious LoD switching.

etc etc.

These will always be problems until they finally decide a graphics engine designed for a 12 year old console (yes, talking about original xbox) simply cannot cut it on current hardware.

Reflections are looking great, but some of what we're seeing being reflected off the bonnet doesn't make much sense.

Gorgeous track though.

op_ivy

so, about 30 seconds of alps footage before it crashed, and some alps screens and silverstone screens... not exactly an impressive showing. nor did it ease fears of how rushed they are.

oh well. what was shown looked great

mrklaw

MrArseFace
checked the eurogamer youtube channel and the video is still really bad quality. Will that be the recorded one or just a cache of the live version?

p.s Dan also did make a the pretty big claim of orange peel and "imperfections" being rendered in real time on the track and not just Autovista.

We will have to wait until November 22nd to know the truth (I highly doubt it given T10s history).

I'd guess/hope they'd have a bigger look at that for Forza 6. It seems fairly clear that 5 has had a lot of pressure to get ready for launch, so scope for a fully refreshed graphics engine is probably unrealistic.

eso76

FM4 did on some tracks, i think it will be the same here.

This is what it's always been like; Forza doesn't always aim for photorealism, but on some tracks it can look pretty real.

It's usually more about the scenery than it is about the cars btw, and it looks like we're good here.

op_ivy

those are stream caps right? they better release those in 1080p today

checked the eurogamer youtube channel and the video is still really bad quality. Will that be the recorded one or just a cache of the live version?

The latter, if they cant stream from the event I doubt they have the bandwidth to upload the recorded footage from there.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
It stopped and then he said "Ok, I'll pause it here" or something. lol

Didn't crash the whole thing, but I think it was definitely a bug.

He knew it was coming :p

Anyway, lets thank eurogamer for putting their Z intern team in charge of the event.

op_ivy

It stopped and then he said "Ok, I'll pause it here" or something. lol

Didn't crash the whole thing, but I think it was definitely a bug.

yeah, he mentioned before he loaded it up how he was experiencing bugs and the demo may have to be cut short. quite sure the demo was in fact cut short. a bit worrying. sure things will be fine when the game ships, but still. alps to be day one DLC confirmed?

eso76

He knew it was coming :p

Anyway, lets thank eurogamer for putting their Z intern team in charge of the event.

you know what was going to happen ?

blinding sun glare going out of the tunnel.
Dan decided to spare himself the laughters.

ShamePain

Banned
He probably paused the demo because he didn't want us to see the shitty tunnel lighting that is directly carried over from FM4. Since it has prebaked lighting it looked all wierd with the sun shadow still present. God damit T10, how come a 2010 game on 2006 hardware manages to be more technologically advanced than a 2013 game on nextgen?

saladine1

It seems like we aren't getting any direct feed footage for a while..

Forza 5 looks amazing in Vista and screens but I want to see it in action.

Seanspeed

Banned
You were right... but yeah, what's the point.

That said, we still have a thread for all that sort of bullshit, and that particular post belongs in it.

That thread is gone, unfortunately.

Anyways, I think this 'bug' shows why we haven't gotten footage from Spa and Bathurst or anywhere else. Stuff probably isn't in a playable state yet. Which is a little worrying...

nib95

Banned
That thread is gone, unfortunately.

Anyways, I think this 'bug' shows why we haven't gotten footage from Spa and Bathurst or anywhere else. Stuff probably isn't in a playable state yet. Which is a little worrying...

That was a bit strange. I wonder what would have happened if he carried on?

Mascot

Alps looks great, but then again it looked great in FM4. Liking the moodier sky.

So, from what we've seen so far - system SELLER?

Edit: no idea why SELLER is all in caps. I was being x-rayed at the time which might explain it.

Yeah there was some new driver animations and the helmet might have been different. I'm sure someone said there was to be no driver customisation.

Who knows what's going on.

Top Bottom