• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EuroGamer Expo: Sony indie showcase (confirms Mighty No.9 for Vita)

nbthedude

I'm confused.

So did they literally fund the stretch goal or does this just reveal what a sham the "stretch goal" escapde for this game is if they are still trying to raise money for a goal that is already confirmed.

I got the joke, I meant why was he throwing money on stage originally. Or was that the reason? To make a joke about Mighty No.9 (which I doubt).

That was his reaction to seeing Resogun, he literally threw money at the screen Resogun was on in front of the developer and said I need this now.

Geedorah

It confirms a $3.5 million stretch goal for Mighty No. 9 to appear on PSVita/3DS.

That's quite different than saying the game itself is confirmed - may want a change of title to thread to avoid confusion.

I for one jumped in here expecting some announcement that MN9 had either been given a huge sum via Sony, or had scrapped the stretch goal and just made it de-facto.

androvsky

I'm confused.

So did they literally fund the stretch goal or does this just reveal what a sham the "stretch goal" escapde for this game is if they are still trying to raise money for a goal that is already confirmed.

There's a good possibility this just happened within the last day or so. The stretch goal would presumably still include the 3DS.

I'm confused.

Considering Sony has already lined up Abstraction to handle the port I think the stretch goal is a bit of a farce to get people to try and get more people to back the project. Sony has basically removed responsibility for the PS ports from Inafune and Comcept so I don't know why a stretch goal for the PS4 and Vita are needed anymore, other than to support the other platforms (Xbone and 3DS)

nib95

Banned
Just finished watching. Pretty inspirational stuff, and overall a fantastic watch. The guy is clearly super passionate, impressively clued up and exceptionally astute regarding his field.

I think Vita is in solid hands. Sony would do well to ensure Shahid's position is solidified and given a continued platform towards further fruition.

Also, that GIF, epic. Sure it will have countless uses lol.

There is a 0% possibility Mighty No. 9 would not hit the Vita.

This is a new Sony guys. They will eat that game up, and pay whatever necessary to get the port going. That is what Third Party Productions is all about.

Project Pheonix was this exact same thing before the official announcement. Just sans the actual stretch goal. The studio had interest, there were background rumors of talks between Sony / the team, and then boom the announcement happens and the port is coming.

Just sayin ... this was Sony's point with this studio. These kind of games hitting the Vita/PS4. And also working on new IP's whenever possible.

neodeano

The guy is awesome. If only more people like this were involved in running the industry.

Passionate, indie-focused, not scared of speaking his mind, and has been in the industry for years. He's doing the Vita and PS4 proud by the looks of things.

And he also smokes cigars, which gets my vote any day.

I don't think they will reach their goal. They hardly got any backers in the last 3-4 days. Showing a new goal is just "well i guess we need more money, lets bait them" the last bit could be backed of anyone of the big 3. they all could back it with 500 000$ which still would be less, then what the pay as a years end bonus to their head honchos.

Ill probably get shot down for this but the approach for this kickstarters goals killed their momentum somewhat.

Every time they got close to a big goal, they added a whole bunch of shit that kinda invalidated the previous push. Its like running a race and seeing the finish line move further and further back.

McSpidey

Paz and Assault Android Cactus Rep'n Indie Dev GAF in the front row (dark hair, 6th down from the top) from Australia! Even gets a call out in the talk :)
jYu0rC3dYUvTg.png

There is a 0% possibility Mighty No. 9 would not hit the Vita.

This is a new Sony guys. They will eat that game up, and pay whatever necessary to get the port going. That is what Third Party Productions is all about.

Project Pheonix was this exact same thing before the official announcement. Just sans the actual stretch goal. The studio had interest, there were background rumors of talks between Sony / the team, and then boom the announcement happens and the port is coming.

Just sayin ... this was Sony's point with this studio. These kind of games hitting the Vita/PS4. And also working on new IP's whenever possible.

Pretty much this. They even have a studio ready to do the port of the PS versions. The stretch goals may as well be just window dressing at this point to just get more money to polish the game.

Good talk.

If Shahid was involved in talking to Inifune for MNo9 then thats a good sign.

SCEJ is busy trying to clean up its own messes so if SCEE and SCEA can help japanese developer outreach would be smart

What happened to the clip? When he talked about Mighty No.9 his speech was cut off at 5.19. At which minute did he say about $900k support?

Portugeezer

What happened to the clip? When he talked about Mighty No.9 his speech was cut off at 5.19. At which minute did he say about $900k support?

He basically implies they will make it happen:

The Mighty No.9 kickstarter campaign is set to announce a Vita version as a stretch goal sometime later today. We've been very supportive. Watch this space.

Can we call that a megaton :p

Finally got done watching that (the valve announcement disrupted my watching session). Such a great video. Genuine. You don't get that sort of thing from any other company.

Bookoo

Loving all the indie support on Vita. Definitely regret selling it a few months back, really hoping to see a black Friday sale.

Portugeezer

They've been supportive in that they put info about it on stuff like PSBlog, tweeting out info about the game, and so forth.
They're not putting $900,000 down on it...

They won't be funding any Vita version through Kickstarter, that would be funding a 3DS version.

But they can talk behind the scenes if it doesn't meet the kickstarter target

$h@d0w

They won't be funding any Vita version through Kickstarter, that would be funding a 3DS version.

But they can talk behind the scenes if it doesn't meet the kickstarter target

I don't believe they think like that - they just want to see the game on Vita, it's another game on the ever growing list.

You can see this in their PS4 strategy on third party exclusives. They don't chase them aggressively like Microsoft are because they see exclusives as a short term measure to getting software on the platform. Sony would rather build relationships than to give developers the cold shoulder. Better to have a conversation with a multi platform developer than to have nothing at all - it's just sensible business.

kpaadet

I don't believe they think like that - they just want to see the game on Vita, it's another game on the ever growing list.

You can see this in their PS4 strategy on third party exclusives. They don't chase them aggressively like Microsoft are because they see exclusives as a short term measure to getting software on the platform. Sony would rather build relationships than to give developers the cold shoulder. Better to have a conversation with a multi platform developer than to have nothing at all - it's just sensible business.

So you think Sony would give 900k through kickstarter, so not only would they help fund a Xbox One and 3DS game they would also throw ~10% of that money out of the window (kickstarter cut). When instead if they wanted they could probably just contact the devs after the kickstarter was over and offer those 900k for them to port it to Vita.

So you think Sony would give 900k through kickstarter, so not only would they help fund a Xbox One and 3DS game they would also throw ~10% of that money out of the window (kickstarter cut). When instead if they wanted they could probably just contact the devs after the kickstarter was over and offer those 900k for them to port it to Vita.

They have already offered an entire studio to do the port for them in Abstraction. The Kickstarter goal is just window dressing. The PS4 and Vita ports will happen regardless.

SilentFlyer

At what point in the video did he do that?

It is in Q/A session at the end. This guy has been very honest throughout presentation. At one point he clearly said that he was asked to get a exclusivity deal from one of the developer, I don't remember the game or name.

kpaadet

They have already offered an entire studio to do the port for them in Abstraction. The Kickstarter goal is just window dressing. The PS4 and Vita ports will happen regardless.

Yeah thats what I thought, I was just trying to make the other poster see how dumb it would be for Sony to fund a Vita port through Kickstarter.

Skilletor

Is this confirmed or speculation?

This thread is SO confusing.

Is Mighty no.9 DEFINITELY coming to Vita? Yes or no?

Top Bottom