• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

I'm looking for a PS3 downloadable link for this theme:
sfreblack.jpg

Anyone?

Firewire

Banned
m0dus said:
Now here's the dilly. I'm taking my time redrawing all the icons like the example you see above. What divides me currently is, I'm torn as to whether or not to use an established piece of artwork, or draw my own. I wouldn't want to spend the time necessary to do so, if people will simply prefer to use an actual piece of game/concept art.

Concept art is okay with me! :D

I'm currently using the AFW m0dus Metal Gear Solid 4 theme.

Great work dude, and your next Theme is looking amazing just from that first glimpse.

<3 Okami

JB1981

Modus, your MGS 4 theme is amazing, man. I have a feeling that the themes Sony offers on the store won't even be as good as yours. They should hire you.

the chris

m0dus said:
My next one is a super secret. No one will know before the bitter end. I'm back to the drawin' board as far as the icons go (literally).

but here's a sneak preview:

Icons.12.png

Awesome work, thanks for the SD Metal Gear theme.

kensama

m0dus said:
my humble Okami theme:

Icons.1.png

Download okami_m0dus.p3t

The goal with this theme was to create some icons that fit the background image well enough that they blend in, without getting lost (if that makes sense.)

I've endeavored to pic images and items from the game that would fit best--every piece of icon art has been redrawn in the manner that you see above, in an attempt to attain the 'watercolor' quality of the game. I've included one background image, with
a special nod to Clover studio. This theme has SD and HD versions.

again . . . if anyone would like to capture a screenshot of the theme in action, it would be appreciated.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss thanks another god's creation (you have time for FF13 théme please??? and about my question on finding the original XMB icons is it possible??

I like it quite a bit. The only thing I don't like on some of the icons is that the name of the icon (Users, Settings, Photos) just overlaps with the icon. The music and video icons don't overlap with the text and those look good. Just an extremely, extremely minor nitpick to an excellent theme.

Big-E

Jesus Christ m0dus. I think this one beats the MGS4 one and I have never even played Okami before. Very well done.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Okami (m0dus) (Fixed Ver)
http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~3qxv9u

okami.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 (m0dus)
http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~cmkvif

mgs4.jpg

Kingdom Hearts (Septimus)
http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~1j13zx

kingdomhearts.jpg

I realize we already have an MGS4 pic on the OP, but my obsessive compulsiveness noticed that its not on the same icon screen as the others XD

m0dus, Excellent job on the MSG4 theme and the Okami ones. Really great work, especially on Okami! Nice work on the KH theme Septimus, really nice despite the text blending a bit :D

Manp

Okami theme looks absolutely stunning but it can get really hard to read some of the white texts on that background

:)

Vashu

Manp said:
Okami theme looks absolutely stunning but it can get really hard to read some of the white texts on that background

:)

You can lower the brightness of the wallpaper, especially useful for certain themes/backgrounds.

Dot50Cal said:
Okami (m0dus) (Fixed Ver)
I realize we already have an MGS4 pic on the OP, but my obsessive compulsiveness noticed that its not on the same icon screen as the others XD

m0dus, Excellent job on the MSG4 theme and the Okami ones. Really great work, especially on Okami! Nice work on the KH theme Septimus, really nice despite the text blending a bit :D

Just added all that and replaced the MGS4 pic with yours =) Great job to both you and m0dus for your contributions to this thread. I've added credits to the OP to both of you. Keep it up and the themes just keep getting better and better!

Dot50Cal

Banned
How about a ..Halo theme..to help..ease the transition for some 360 users? :D

Marty Chinn said:
Just added all that and replaced the MGS4 pic with yours =) Great job to both you and m0dus for your contributions to this thread. I've added credits to the OP to both of you. Keep it up and the themes just keep getting better and better!

And thanks to you for not abandoning the topic and being pretty timely in updating the OP!

HOLY CRAP! The Okami one looked great in the pic, but now that I've installed it.....WOW. I'm so impressed by this one m0dus. Not trying to say your other themes aren't great, but this one is just amazing. Great job. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I can't imagine what themes will be like a month from now. We're only a couple days out since the release of the firmware. Keep it up!

cant the theme be animated so snake turnt in to stealth cammo while you are on the menu?

I like the MGS4 theme but it would have been much cooler if snake could be animated

You have outdone yourself, m0dus. Taken one of the most beautiful games and have created a beautiful interface. Exceptionally well done!!

kensama

Dot50Cal said:
How about a ..Halo theme..to help..ease the transition for some 360 users? :D

And thanks to you for not abandoning the topic and being pretty timely in updating the OP!

loooooooooooooool you are a boss in joke,it's true that we should be prepare them to leave the boat...

Top Bottom