• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Hey Modus thanks for adjusting the NeoGaf one - that one still cuts off at the N in NeoGAF and the S in modus on my set.

The Metal Gear One fits great.

Tieno

m0dus said:
Okay. finally finished with the background.

and I was working on the icons in tandem.

I'm gonna upload ONE of the backgrounds, so people can tell me if the formatting is okay. if it's off, it means I have to fix it in 4 OTHER backgrounds as well. So we're gonna run a little test now.

Tested and approved.

dralla

for people making themes, here's an overscan chart for CRT owners. generally want to keep the important stuff inside the 5% red barrier

Changed my Euro account to the single MGS4 bg with a mix between the Portal icons and the light pea green of the Sony Sample icons. Both look very nice.

dralla said:
for people making themes, here's an overscan chart for CRT owners. generally want to keep the important stuff inside the 5% red barrier

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=82mwvx2&s=1

fuck. how do you embedd the small pictures into the forum like that

Tags, but you should first scale that down to a smaller size for a preview pic.

dralla

yes I know. but how do you make the picture small like the MGS4 one. than you click it to get the original size

kensama

dralla said:
yes I know. but how do you make the picture small like the MGS4 one. than you click it to get the original size
you use the url= /url and insid you put the
with the small size

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Holy shit @ the MGS4 theme idea...M0dus you are truly a gem.
Great work and please keep them coming. this stuff is too freaking sweet.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
m0dus said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaand done.

For those who may know what all the fuss is about: the MGS4 theme is finished. I did something 'special' with this one. special in that I decided to $@$!~! myself putzing around with 5 different variations of the wallpaper. This is why:

AWESOMENESS TO THE TRIPLE MAX/IMG]

Here is the link. it should be PS3-friendly.
[URL=http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~h2edff]Download mgs4_m0dus.p3t[/URL]

It would be reeeeaaaaaally nice if someone could, again, capture a frame of the theme in action. perhaps with each different wallpaper or something. Again, they load randomly
on their own, but I tried to make each one worthy of standing alone.

and I was reeeeaaaaally tempted to make the theme comment, "dear Mr. Kojima: Jump in!" :p[/QUOTE]

OMFG. AMAZING! I wish i had those skills, ill be using that theme for 100% absolutely sure :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
m0dus said:
It would be reeeeaaaaaally nice if someone could, again, capture a frame of the theme in action. perhaps with each different wallpaper or something. Again, they load randomly

Download isnt working for me. I wait. I click. But after a while I get an error page. DO I have to register first?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
m0dus said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaand done.

For those who may know what all the fuss is about: the MGS4 theme is finished. I did something 'special' with this one. special in that I decided to $@$!~! myself putzing around with 5 different variations of the wallpaper. This is why:

explanation.jpg

Here is the link. it should be PS3-friendly.
Download mgs4_m0dus.p3t

and I was reeeeaaaaally tempted to make the theme comment, "dear Mr. Kojima: Jump in!" :p
awesome!

YYZ

wow, the MGS4 theme is the definition of "professional", nice work m0dus. Sony should pay you to host it on the PSN store.

sogood.gif

Mobius 1

I have some free time and I can take requests for one or two themes. What's the feeling these days? Gran Turismo? Killzone? Railfan? :D

Speevy

Banned
Norante said:
I have some free time and I can take requests for one or two themes. What's the feeling these days? Gran Turismo? Killzone? Railfan? :D

Are you pursuing a popular request or a personal request?

I'd like to have a Little Nemo or Animal Crossing theme. I'm sure everyone would like something like Gran Turismo or Killzone. Littlebigplanet would also be a popular one.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Norante said:
Assassin's Creed please. And a Rock Band theme would be nice

Sonki.

Banned
How do you get the default icons? I want to make one.

The sample one has newish icons but I want the default Sony ones.

I can tell who never went to the Forza Livery thread where modus kicked all sorts of ass. He proved himself a looong time ago.

PirateSean said:
i only had the neogaf theme for a day, and you gone and out-did it with this! truly awesome, m0dus. thank you!
:lol Yeah. I tried applying it to a secondary account, but now all I want to do is change my NeoGaf primary to this one.

Sonki. said:
I can tell who never went to the Forza Livery thread where modus kicked all sorts of ass. He proved himself a looong time ago.
Well a number of them don't have a 360, some are just anti-Xbox and others just didn't follow Forza to that extent. For the rest of us it's just more of the same goodness.

Fantastic work Modus! Extremely professional. You /MUST/ do a Silent Hill theme with a wallpaper that transitions from normal world to dark world:)

Top Bottom