• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'28 Weeks Later,' aka PS4 launch at retail stores - [warning: gifs]

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
PS4_WWZ_zpsf04aa2a4.gif

DAT DEMAND!

dhlt25

Lol there's literally no deal that can turn me into that. I'd much rather just wait a few months until I can comfortable stroll in a get one

Magnus

I can't believe the systems are just out in the open like that. No way in Canada man....it's all up on shelves or behind locked doors/cabinets and you ask for it at a counter.

Haunted

smh

have some class, people.

There goes the neighbourhood (and our national reputation as people that know how to behave themselves and queue properly).

Computer

I could not stop trying to follow him with my eyes. It's like he got there first, but panicked lol.

I'm convinced he died.

he ran passed the PS4's because the store stacked PS3's and 4's right next to each other and the boxes look very close.

kick51

Banned
they just put them out on the floor like any other item and have people run for them?

those store managers are idiots. do a damn ticket system. people are idiots too, but there are ways of managing mass idiocy with a few simple actions

Tehalemi

BUT KNACK!

My Black Friday shopping was buying a few games on steam and a few on amazon from the comfort of my home.

Exactly this for me late last night. Decided "why not, sale is on online" lol.

God speed Black Friday Zombies. /salute

Steroyd

Bloody hell, really puts into perspective me pre-ordering one back in July, had it fully paid off by October, and just walking in GAME 9AM in the morning where only 1 person was ahead of me.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think there's a European sense of humor at play here, its funny to see people scramble for stuff.

Honest question, did the Xbox launch go like this in Europe?

railGUN

Banned
I can't believe the systems are just out in the open like that. No way in Canada man....it's all up on shelves or behind locked doors/cabinets and you ask for it at a counter.

When I got my Wii on launch day at Gamestop, they were literally letting 2-3 people into the store at a time, and that's it - they bought their system and left, and then they'd let in 2-3 more.

Gxgear

What do people have against getting launch games ahead of release, getting a good night's rest, and waking up to your next-gen console right at your doorsteps?

What do people have against getting launch games ahead of release, getting a good night's rest, and waking up to your next-gen console right at your doorsteps?

You gotta understand, not a lot of people have the forethought to plan ahead months in advance. I wouldn't be surprised if most of these people didn't even know a PS4 existed until the advertising hit.

The kind of person who pre-orders their system in June during E3 is not an average customer. I mean, these things were available to pre-order for like 2-3 months in the summer and we still got people trampling each other for one.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What?! When we do it, it's a sign of how all of america is a wasteland of fat and guns and slobs.
That is funny, if you posted one of these videos without context, most people would think, "'Merica"

Top Bottom